Post practice Bo interview. jeez

DaveH

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Bo spoke to the press for just under five minutes after practice today, giving injury reports and several other tidbits, but the Omaha World Herald is focusing mostly on the part we're talking about here. Chatelain just tweeted about it:

dirkchatelain Dirk Chatelain

Thoughts on Bo Pelini post-practice session? tinyurl.com/4386s6x

The story isn't the reporters, or how they feel about Bo's demeanor toward them, or anything of the sort. The story right now should be about Ohio State. Instead we have to talk about the press, and how Bo treats the press, and if this is OK, and blah blah blah blah blah.

Bo's is getting really close to having a top ten coach meltdown moment. Think "I'm a man, a forty year-old man. I can take it" type of meltdown. But better

It wouldn't surprise me if Bo went off like that on the media. And honestly, Gundy wasn't wrong when he chewed that reporter's a$$ out either. When the reporter kept pressing the issue after the first question, I thought Bo was gonna shoot lasers out of his eyes.

Bo gets paid millions to coach and control his emotions......the way he was eyeing the press, you would think he just took a cut in pay.

you think bo does it for the money? do you think he would get that mad about a pay cut? i think he takes it personally, plus it does seem like the media is trying to create drama within the team.

Bo tried to play dumb in the beginning like he didnt know what the reporter was reffering to by rallying around Martinez. Then it became obvious that he was upset by the media. The report tried to take a stab saying Taylor was unphased by the media knowing fully well that it has been tough for Taylor to deal with.

Bo needs to realize that these are the thing that media will do and not continue to fall into the trap. A simple yes his teammates rally around him just as the coaching staff does while we prepare for OSU sets the tone and leads the inteview back to practice and the game.

Bo gets paid millions to coach and control his emotions......the way he was eyeing the press, you would think he just took a cut in pay.

you think bo does it for the money? do you think he would get that mad about a pay cut? i think he takes it personally, plus it does seem like the media is trying to create drama within the team.

hell no, but if he is paid as a professional, is it asking too much for some professional behavior? there were lots of ways to pour cold water on this interview, he chose intimadation rather than tact......it is easy to get pissed off and say the media doesn't matter.....when he knows damn well it does..that doesn't work.

hell no, but if he is paid as a professional, is it asking too much for some professional behavior? there were lots of ways to pour cold water on this interview, he chose intimadation rather than tact......it is easy to get pissed off and say the media doesn't matter.....when he knows damn well it does..that doesn't work.

agreed. good point.

Bo tried to play dumb in the beginning like he didnt know what the reporter was reffering to by rallying around Martinez. Then it became obvious that he was upset by the media. The report tried to take a stab saying Taylor was unphased by the media knowing fully well that it has been tough for Taylor to deal with.

Bo needs to realize that these are the thing that media will do and not continue to fall into the trap. A simple yes his teammates rally around him just as the coaching staff does while we prepare for OSU sets the tone and leads the inteview back to practice and the game.

exactly, Bo needs a refresher in media interview 101.

While I love my job for the interactions with clients and the ability to help them take their business to different levels, there are three other portions I love more. Payday, Commission checks, and Bonuses

exactly, Bo needs a refresher in media interview 101.

That's rich. Bo was wrong, the press was right. This may come as a shock to you - the media are paid professionals, too. And many local writers could use a refresher in journalistic integrity and objectivity.

Bo may not be 100% in the right, but he's not the only one that's in the wrong. Nor did he create the situation that led to this part of the presser, that was a reporter in Monday's presser. If we expect Bo to be held to certain standards, and we expect college football players to be held to certain standards, why don't we expect the same from our press corps?