Presser

Did anyone see the dismissive wave Bo made towads the crowd atfter the INT towards the end of the first half, assuming it was in response to booing from the crowd. Then in the conference when someone asked about it saying it never happened.

Being out west we don't get the World Herald anymore so I don't know what Dirk wrote, but it must have been bad, but sometimes when Bo reacts that way I wonder if doesn't lower himself to that same level. Wouldn't the better move be to just ignore him.

I'll be honest... when I watched it at the end of the half, I thought he was waving off to Tim Beck in the booth. I assume that was him silently remark how stupid of a play it was. I could be wrong though.

I would have to say that it was directed at the fans......which it should have been. You boo one of Bo's players and that's what your going to get. I just wish he would have said it in the presser but I think he was too worked up at that point.

I heard a smattering of boos, but I didn't think it was very much. Could barely hear them up in the cheap seats. Did it sound like a lot on TV?

I don't agree with booing our team, and I would never do it. But I grasp why people did after that first half. Bo said it - we left a lot of drives on the field that half.

Did anyone see the dismissive wave Bo made towads the crowd atfter the INT towards the end of the first half, assuming it was in response to booing from the crowd. Then in the conference when someone asked about it saying it never happened.

Being out west we don't get the World Herald anymore so I don't know what Dirk wrote, but it must have been bad, but sometimes when Bo reacts that way I wonder if doesn't lower himself to that same level. Wouldn't the better move be to just ignore him.

I'll be honest... when I watched it at the end of the half, I thought he was waving off to Tim Beck in the booth. I assume that was him silently remark how stupid of a play it was. I could be wrong though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bo turn around and do that wave? If so, he would be facing East. Beck would be sitting int he press boxes in the West. That wave was definitely meant for the fans. They deserved it, sho'nuff.

I heard a smattering of boos, but I didn't think it was very much. Could barely hear them up in the cheap seats. Did it sound like a lot on TV?

I don't agree with booing our team, and I would never do it. But I grasp why people did after that first half. Bo said it - we left a lot of drives on the field that half.

I had to sit about six rows in front of a guy who booed almost the entire first half. Every single time something bad happened, he would boo. Didn't matter that every student in the vicinity was telling him to stfu, either. He just kept right at it.

I would never boo either. I find booing our team completely distasteful, and I have never booed our team before in my life, and probably never will. Each to his own, though.

Frankly I was not that thrilled with Bo's response. It's best not to alienate the local media.

What does he do, kiss ass to Dirk until he decides to write another bullsh#t article to get page hits?

As a head coach he needs to take the high road. Defuse the siutation. Move on. If you feel it needs to be addressed do it in private. Personally I don't want to see a spat. I want to hear about the game. The media is the link between the head coach and the outside world. Creating enemies with the media is not wise.
  • Fire 1

booing is boo worthy. what good does it do.

Honestly I don't think I would have noticed on TV if the announcers hadn't noted it. Didn't sound like many people were doing it.

Could definitely hear it on TV. I don't know who people were booing, but that was pretty awful management to end the first half. I wasn't upset with Martinez on that interception, I was upset with Bo/Beck - it was the same thing as the end of the first half against Wisconsin, except it made even less sense with the way they were managing the clock.

The thing about booing is it's very sectional, i think. I only heard booing in the student section. If it happened in other parts of the stadium, I missed it.

It's kind of like cheering and making noise. When I'm in the student section it sounds like the whole stadium is screaming, but people always say the stadium is quiet.

I don't usually say much about the media, but those were some of the dumbest questions I have ever heard.  Does the media even prepare questions before press conferences or do they just "wing it"?  For this presser, it definitely sounded like the latter.

Dirk was asking if Taylor was more motivated this week, and he repeated it twice. I could sort of hear the reporters' questions when listening on the radio. Bo said he's always motivated. It was an insulting question, and Chatty needs to get off the kids. This ain't the NFL and these guys aren't playing for millions of dollars. Rag on the coaches if you want, the players are off limits.