Occupy Wall Street

I think the fringe news networks and the internet are contributing greatly to the breakdown in discourse. People can (and do) choose to only read news from sources that will only tell them things that they agree with. That epistemic closure results in the sort of politics that the American public is now lashing back against.

Exactly. I doubt anybody posting in this thread really believes the fringe BS that comes out of Fox or MSNBC (or whoever the anti-Fox is). But if that's all you hear, day after day, you're going to regurgitate it without fail. You have nothing else on which to fall back.

And for the record, MSNBC (or whomever the left-wing jackdaw is) is full of derp, too.

I will take Rachel Maddow as being more truthful and accurate than the rest of the mainstream news presenters.

I would tend to agree that she is generally more factually accurate than someone like Sean Hannity but she certainly leans a certain way with her coverage. She enjoys attacking conservatives and is almost defensive when forced to cover a liberal issue in a negative light.

And for the record, MSNBC (or whomever the left-wing jackdaw is) is full of derp, too.

I will take Rachel Maddow as being more truthful and accurate than the rest of the mainstream news presenters.

I would tend to agree that she is generally more factually accurate than someone like Sean Hannity but she certainly leans a certain way with her coverage. She enjoys attacking conservatives and is almost defensive when forced to cover a liberal issue in a negative light.

YOu got that right. I watched a show where someone threw a rock into a congressman's headquarters in Ohio. She extrapolated that out to a conspiracy of the RNC committee. That was astounding to say the least! That is just one where she got a fact right but is so clouded to believe this garbage is frightening. :ahhhhhhhh

YOu got that right. I watched a show where someone threw a rock into a congressman's headquarters in Ohio. She exstrapolated that out to a conspiracy of the RNC committee. That was astounding to say the least! That is just one where she got a fact right but is so clouded to believe this garbage is frightening. :ahhhhhhhh

So how do you feel about Hannity?

YOu got that right. I watched a show where someone threw a rock into a congressman's headquarters in Ohio. She exstrapolated that out to a conspiracy of the RNC committee. That was astounding to say the least! That is just one where she got a fact right but is so clouded to believe this garbage is frightening. :ahhhhhhhh

So how do you feel about Hannity?

I like Hannity! I like the fact that he brings people in who disagree with him and I can see another point of view. He has brought in people who are very liberal like Bob Beckel and I can hear what the liberals really think on an issue not just what he says. There is a debate and I can decide which side has the better argument. Maddow just has uber liberals that get softball questions and laughing and giggling like they are in a pillow fight. I have only seen two republicans on her show, Michael Steele and McCain's daughter. Who do you watch and listen to for news?

I actually liked the show better when it was Hannity and Colmes. But Colmes would never let anyone speak, he filibusters all the time. I hate that, one speaks then you listen and give the other person his turn. You don't like what they say you wait and respond :wacko:

So how is Hannity not as factual as Maddow? Where has he misled his viewers with information? Any examples? :dunno

I like Hannity!

Really? That's just sad.

Who do you like?

D - None of the Above

Like I said, I don't watch these talking heads on TV, any of them. I get 99% of my news from print/web journalism. I have RSS feeds set up and I also cruise the headlines at Yahoo and CNN, but I rarely read CNN's articles - hate the spin/slant.

I like Hannity!

Really? That's just sad.

Who do you like?

D - None of the Above

Like I said, I don't watch these talking heads on TV, any of them. I get 99% of my news from print/web journalism. I have RSS feeds set up and I also cruise the headlines at Yahoo and CNN, but I rarely read CNN's articles - hate the spin/slant.

That is a nice answer but you could read the Huffington post on your Yahoo search. Who is it that you tend to read and get your info from?

So how is Hannity not as factual as Maddow? Where has he misled his viewers with information? Any examples? :dunno

http://mediamatters.org/research/200812170007

Here is a fairly comprehensive list from 2008. Yes, it's from Media Matters. Every single blurb is supported by sources and videos. Check it out.

Also, I would agree with knapplc that it is simply sad that someone likes Hannity.

http://mediamatters....ch/200812170007

Here is a fairly comprehensive list from 2008. Yes, it's from Media Matters. Every single blurb is supported by sources and videos. Check it out.

Also, I would agree with knapplc that it is simply sad that someone likes Hannity.

And the great thing about this country is you are allowed to have that right. Just like I am allowed think it is simply sad that someone likes Bernie Sanders or BO or Rachel Maddow or Debbie Wasserman Schultz!! chuckleshuffle

http://mediamatters....ch/200812170007

And the great thing about this country is you are allowed to have that right. Just like I am allowed think it is simply sad that someone likes Bernie Sanders or BO or Rachel Maddow or Debbie Wasserman Schultz!! chuckleshuffle

I would say that I enjoy watching 1 of those 4 and would vote for 1 of them vs. the current alternatives.

That is a nice answer but you could read the Huffington post on your Yahoo search. Who is it that you tend to read and get your info from?

I think I'm capable of realizing when I'm reading a HuffPo article. Don't sweat it.

Like I said, I mostly rely on Reuters and the AP. Various local writers, who of course have their left- and right-leaning slants, and some articles from the BBC. The BBC is actually a really good source of info, but of course they have their biases, too.

The worst thing you could do is get your news primarily from one source. It's a great way to end up with a sprained brain.

I think I'm capable of realizing when I'm reading a HuffPo article. Don't sweat it.

Like I said, I mostly rely on Reuters and the AP. Various local writers, who of course have their left- and right-leaning slants, and some articles from the BBC. The BBC is actually a really good source of info, but of course they have their biases, too.

The worst thing you could do is get your news primarily from one source. It's a great way to end up with a sprained brain.

Plus . . . this guy admits to liking/watching Hannity and he mocks HuffPo? Sometime we should try to get the pot into the same room as the kettle.