Tom slams Badger fans.

I can't say any of this is a surprise to me. What would be surprising is if any Husker fans were dumb enough to actually think that there aren't Nebraska fans who act foolishly towards opposing fans as well. This "best fan's in the country" label really brings out a weird holier than thou mentality sometimes. I wouldn't want it to make Nebraska fans think that we are any different than any other fans in the country. Fact of the matter is, every fan base is the same. We all have good ones, bad ones, and those in the middle. As far as the letter posted above.......if that's true, then yes, they have some things to work on in Madison. I have never heard or seen anything like that in Memorial Stadium.

I can't say any of this is a surprise to me. What would be surprising is if any Husker fans were dumb enough to actually think that there aren't Nebraska fans who act foolishly towards opposing fans as well. This "best fan's in the country" label really brings out a weird holier than thou mentality sometimes. I wouldn't want it to make Nebraska fans think that we are any different than any other fans in the country. Fact of the matter is, every fan base is the same. We all have good ones, bad ones, and those in the middle. As far as the letter posted above.......if that's true, then yes, they have some things to work on in Madison. I have never heard or seen anything like that in Memorial Stadium.

1. This thread has nothing to do with Nebraska fans, and 2. No, not every fan base is the same, so let's not give this thread the broad brush. Your comments do nothing but serve to distract the topic of this discussion. This is about Wisconsin students and the behavior of the students in particular. I have an interest in this.

1. This thread has nothing to do with Nebraska fans, and 2. No, not every fan base is the same, so let's not give this thread the broad brush. Your comments do nothing but serve to distract the topic of this discussion. This is about Wisconsin students and the behavior of the students in particular. I have an interest in this.

You clearly didn't read the article attached to the original post. My comment has everything to do with that article this post was based upon, and not the letter to students that was brought up halfway through the discussion board.

You clearly didn't read the article attached to the original post. So take your smart ass somewhere else, because in this case, you only look like a jackass.

Where did this "jackass" read anything about holier-than-thou Nebraska fans in the article? I believe that was your little gem, my friend. Yes, Osborne made a comment about the booing, but the crux of this piece was about the terrible behavior of the Wisconsin students. If you are trying to draw a parallel between some boos directed toward the field and the vulgar, obscene behavior witnessed in Madison towards fans as well as opposing players, then it is a miserable failure. Booing one's own team can be debatable behavior, but there can be no debate or place for vulgar behavior to opposing teams and fans.

Wow, this is still a issue? Let it go

Thank you. At least til we go to Madison again.

Haha, I'm just tired of it. You guys go at it but its been hashed out all ready. Everything's been said. Save this stuff for the days preceding and following the game. It's been almost two weeks. We both have seasons to play, lets move on...

Sorry, but the issue won't go away until Wisconsin students get reined in. I'm sorry that it is hard to read about, being a Badger fan. I'm not that proud of it either.

I'm not ashamed of it and you shouldn't be either. I didn't do it. Nobody I know did it. I treat people with respect because I'm a man. I'm proud of things I accomplish and ashamed of MY failures, not the actions of others over which I have no control. Stop with the guilt tripping.

Oh and people need to frickin' travel. Go to SEC games, I've seen people carted away in ambulances and crowds berate families with small children using all kinds of obsceneties. Lets not get all hurt and pretend like this is so uniquely outrageous to a team that just beat the living crap out of you.

Move on.

Win games.

Stop Whining.

/ENDRANT

Sorry, but the issue won't go away until Wisconsin students get reined in. I'm sorry that it is hard to read about, being a Badger fan. I'm not that proud of it either.

Oh and people need to frickin' travel. Go to SEC games, I've seen people carted away in ambulances and crowds berate families with small children using all kinds of obsceneties. Lets not get all hurt and pretend like this is so uniquely outrageous to a team that just beat the living crap out of you.

Guys, the SEC does it too so obviously it's acceptable behavior. :thumbs

I'm not ashamed of it and you shouldn't be either. I didn't do it. Nobody I know did it. I treat people with respect because I'm a man. I'm proud of things I accomplish and ashamed of MY failures, not the actions of others over which I have no control. Stop with the guilt tripping.

Move on.

Win games.

Stop Whining.

/ENDRANT

So just because there is poor behavior in SEC country, I'm supposed to give Wisconsin a pass? We're supposed to turn our backs and say over and over "it happens everywhere" and that will make it alllllllll better. I see........ Furthermore, just what in the heck does Wisconsin's win have to do with the treatment of opposing fans? This isn't about winning and losing. Your last post attempts to whitewash the students' behavior as "sour grapes by opposing fans". Well fella, if that is how you come to terms with your fan behavior, then you find your own bright side. I'll prefer to deal with the facts.