Tom slams Badger fans.

Go to SEC games, I've seen people carted away in ambulances and crowds berate families with small children using all kinds of obsceneties.

True statement. Guy died after a USC game last year...right Gamecock?

Ok, don't call me that, but yes a man was killed at the Alabama-Carolina game last year. I'm just saying we should put things into perspective. You guys apparently have the perfect fanbase that never treats a visitor poorly ever but this is not the standard for the rest of the country. Sorry you guys had to find out the hard way in Madison...if you really are that hurt about it the Big XII is always waiting. Leave the way you came in.

Read my whole post before you put words in my mouth. I'm simply using what happens in the SEC as proof that this is not unique to UW. In fact its quickly becoming the norm across the nation. I was not justifying or condoning it because it happens in the SEC, that was clear in my post.

Go to SEC games, I've seen people carted away in ambulances and crowds berate families with small children using all kinds of obsceneties.

Ok, don't call me that, but yes a man was killed at the Alabama-Carolina game last year. I'm just saying we should put things into perspective. You guys apparently have the perfect fanbase that never treats a visitor poorly ever but this is not the standard for the rest of the country. Sorry you guys had to find out the hard way in Madison...if you really are that hurt about it the Big XII is always waiting. Leave the way you came in.

I rest my case.

No, everybody has bad fans, it's just that some fanbases seem to promote it.

Nothing law enforcement can do about thousands of people chanting away...surprised the NCAA hasn't given refs authority to penalize the home team for stuff like that. Then again, that seems unfair too. Meh, probably something that won't go away ever...

Actually, I meant law enforcement for the drunk and disorderly types on game day.

It is a waste of time to even be talking about this. I dont care if wisconsin or any opposing fan or group of fans wants to make complete idiots of themselves. We will win most big ten matchups anyway so at the end of the day we will have the last good word. If wisconsin doesnt get lucky with their current quarterback situation they would have not been near what they are. I wish wisconsin luck and hope they win every game except when they play nebraska. I hope our students and or fans never stoop to that level but as osborne says when you have a program who has a history of excellence like Nebraska your fans know how to handle themselves and deal with winning and losing better. Are we the best fans in college football?...maybe..maybe not but either way i think we travel better than any fan base and we love our team more as a state collectively than any other team or region that i have ever lived near or around. That said i am proud to be a husker fan and hope that our fans continue to evolve and be louder and more respectful than ever. Thats all i have to say about that.

Very true, and anybody with any connection to Wisconsin will admit that UW is one of them. If you hear different its a lie.

Not all of the fan base, not even all of the students but its definitely present.

I haven't lied about it and neither have any of the other UW fans on this site. My problem is the unreasonable amount of attention drawn to this subject and the generalizations made about Wisconsin fans, they're ridiculous and overplayed. It was almost two weeks ago, its done.

Very true, and anybody with any connection to Wisconsin will admit that UW is one of them. If you hear different its a lie.

Not all of the fan base, not even all of the students but its definitely present.

I haven't lied about it and neither have any of the other UW fans on this site. My problem is the unreasonable amount of attention drawn to this subject and the generalizations made about Wisconsin fans, they're ridiculous and overplayed. It was almost two weeks ago, its done.

It will be done when their behavior changes. It is an ongoing problem. I live here, and I find the behavior disgusting.

Nothing law enforcement can do about thousands of people chanting away...surprised the NCAA hasn't given refs authority to penalize the home team for stuff like that. Then again, that seems unfair too. Meh, probably something that won't go away ever...

Actually, I meant law enforcement for the drunk and disorderly types on game day.

You live in Wisconsin and you want law enforcement to be called for people being drunk....yea good luck with that.

You live in Wisconsin and you want law enforcement to be called for people being drunk....yea good luck with that.

......which leads us to the crux of the issue. (whoops! I thought all fan bases are alike!!)

......which leads us to the crux of the issue. (whoops! I thought all fan bases are alike!!)

Show me where I said all fan bases are alike...and as far as rude Wisconsin fans, yes alcohol is central to the issue.

Show me where I said all fan bases are alike...and as far as rude Wisconsin fans, yes alcohol is central to the issue.

My apologies for I wasn't referring to you. That was directed at an earlier poster's comments.