Tom slams Badger fans.

I also recall a certain moment in time when Tom Osbourne decided when winning was so important he decided to start a woman beater against universal disapproval and any sort of moral compass. So maybe he shouldn't be the authority on correlating winning culture and character.

I like turtles.

I could care less about what Tom Osbourne has to say about Wisconsin students or how "revolting" people think the ES-FU chant is. The 15,000 students at Camp Randall make it what it is. A fantastic home-field environment. But don't take my word for it, just look to your local husker beat reporters who came away very impressed by the atmosphere. Or this board, where people urged others to stand up and cheer to be like Wisconsin fans at Camp Randall. You take the good with the bad, and as far as the Camp Randall crowd goes, the good is oh so very good.

No you don't have to "take the good with the bad." You don't have to be an abusive, violent idiot to cheer for your team. Your inability to acknowledge, or perhaps understand this, makes you a truly contemptuous human being.

My god, you're actually proud of the extreme behavior, aren't you? Screaming obscenities at children and elderly people. I hope you're a rare minority. Otherwise, there's something dark and sick happening in Wisconsin.

Extreme behavior? You're naive to think that a.) this only happens in Wisconsin and b.) that some people don't do this at Nebraska. And maybe when you looked up contemptuous in the dictionary you should have swung by V and looked up violent as well. I don't know that a few people yelling at Tom Osbourne and elderly people he was with is tantamount to say, an angry mob in 1950s Arkansas.

It was more than just Tom Osborne. Check the letters written to your own local papers from fans who had terrible experiences. The stories are plentiful from other Nebraska fans returning from the game. It wasn't isolated. That means there's a cultural problem. Your dismissal of the issue and refusal to condemn those among your fan base taking it too far make you part of the problem. Only peer pressure from other Badger fans will fix it, but that would take humility and introspect - clearly not a strong suit in your part of the country.

I found this a little funny. Almost a low blow from Tom.

"I think, usually, schools with good tradition, that have won a lot in the past, are fairly tolerant," he said. "The ones that have won just lately sometimes don't know how to handle it very well."

Read more: http://host.madison....l#ixzz1afNha16c

Funny, my buddies that went up to Madison with me said the exact same thing with the exact logic behind it.

He is not at all wrong.

Wisconsin fans, sorry, but learn to win. I have no problem shaking the hands of the people that beat us and I did when I was in Madison, but some of the ways that I was treated were garbage.

That's a pretty high horse you've got there. Sure UW has gone through some bad years but they've consistently won for the better part of 2 decades. We have even been to more BCS bowls (3-2) and won more (2-1).

I also recall a certain moment in time when Tom Osbourne decided when winning was so important he decided to start a woman beater against universal disapproval and any sort of moral compass. So maybe he shouldn't be the authority on correlating winning culture and character.

Who is Tom Osbourne?

And how many national titles ya got? Let us know when you get to five.

I found this a little funny. Almost a low blow from Tom.

"I think, usually, schools with good tradition, that have won a lot in the past, are fairly tolerant," he said. "The ones that have won just lately sometimes don't know how to handle it very well."

Read more: http://host.madison....l#ixzz1afNha16c

Funny, my buddies that went up to Madison with me said the exact same thing with the exact logic behind it.

He is not at all wrong.

Wisconsin fans, sorry, but learn to win. I have no problem shaking the hands of the people that beat us and I did when I was in Madison, but some of the ways that I was treated were garbage.

That's a pretty high horse you've got there. Sure UW has gone through some bad years but they've consistently won for the better part of 2 decades. We have even been to more BCS bowls (3-2) and won more (2-1).

Who is Tom Osbourne?

And how many national titles ya got? Let us know when you get to five.

hahahahahahah yeah sure Wisconsin hasn't won one that's fine. If you have to live in the past then that's great. You'll just be in the company of Minnesota fans who cling to the 6 national championships of yesteryear.

But come on buddy you're in the Big Ten now, we've heard it all before. Michigan is the winningest football program, does that mean the Big House isn't quiet or that they haven't sucked the last 3 years?

I like how people are taking this stuff out on badger_hb and badgerfan like they can control what other people do. Yeah, they are UW fans, but they have already admitted they don't like and they don't partake in the behavior. Stop crucifying them for being badger fans, they have been nothing but classy and civil on this board. Students will be students and if you think anything is going to change your crazy. Nothing will change. If you decide to go to Madison next time, hang out with fans like badger_hb and badgerfan if you want to be treated well, but if you walk across a student,you will be called an a-hole. I don't condone it and I would never do it, but it won't change, no matter how many people complain about it.

And bromantana, you say people act like this at Nebraska, ask the OSU fans how they were treated...

• Fire 1

I like how people are taking this stuff out on badger_hb and badgerfan like they can control what other people do. Yeah, they are UW fans, but they have already admitted they don't like and they don't partake in the behavior. Stop crucifying them for being badger fans, they have been nothing but classy and civil on this board. Students will be students and if you think anything is going to change your crazy. Nothing will change. If you decide to go to Madison next time, hang out with fans like badger_hb and badgerfan if you want to be treated well, but if you walk across a student,you will be called an a-hole. I don't condone it and I would never do it, but it won't change, no matter how many people complain about it.

And bromantana, you say people act like this at Nebraska, ask the OSU fans how they were treated...

That's fine if you want to cheer the opposing team out the door. If you think being called an a-hole, that could not be more blatantly tongue-in-cheek, is deplorable, then please for you're sake, do not ever leave Lincoln. Also, I'm not terribly certain badger_hb attended Wisconsin, as the ES-FU chant has been going on for decades in the student section, and while frowned upon by some people, it has been passed out for generations. To say, hey I swore in college, but now I'm older and wiser so damn those students to hell, is beyond hypocritical. Besides, those students are the ones who are standing and cheering all game long and give CRS the good reputation that it has today, while people like badger_hb are telling people to sit down in between wagging their finger at kids.

That's fine if you want to cheer the opposing team out the door. If you think being called an a-hole, that could not be more blatantly tongue-in-cheek, is deplorable, then please for you're sake, do not ever leave Lincoln. Also, I'm not terribly certain badger_hb attended Wisconsin, as the ES-FU chant has been going on for decades in the student section, and while frowned upon by some people, it has been passed out for generations. To say, hey I swore in college, but now I'm older and wiser so damn those students to hell, is beyond hypocritical. Besides, those students are the ones who are standing and cheering all game long and give CRS the good reputation that it has today, while people like badger_hb are telling people to sit down in between wagging their finger at kids.

Does he have to go to the school to be a fan? Damn, that sucks for GSG, not only can he not find a gf, but he also can't be a Husker fan. Sorry GSG!

Anyway, it was not just the a-hole chants. My sister said someone told her, "they'd rather eat a dirty tampon than live in Nebraska and to f*** herself" along with other things. Nice way to talk to a lady, right? She said before the game was fine, but after was hell. Funny how that works, huh?