Pelini: No Place For Boos In Memorial Stadium

Is Bo being hypocritical when it comes to fans booing?  

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here is the link. http://www.ketv.com/...559/detail.html

I put in a poll to judge what the opinions are on this topic. I have heard a lot of different opinions on the radio stations like USC on 1620 The Zone and I just wanted to know what Huskerboard thought. This is my first poll, so it might not be very good...let me know how to make a better poll next time. As always, keep it civil and friendly :thumbs .

Oh good. I was wondering when we'd get a chance to discuss this topic.

I didn't know this topic has come up considering the media was just talking about on Friday, October 14, 2011. I only brought it up, because they were talking about it on the radio station and then I read the article that I linked in this thread. Just thought it would be interesting to see the results of a poll.

I think the boos are definitely something that Bo has a right to be concerned about. It's his football team, and the boos can definitely have an effect on his players. I am one of the few that loves Bo's fiery attitude it seems, and I think he needs to be that person because that's who he is, that's how he got successful, and that's something that makes his players love to play for him. So I agree with Bo: leave the boos at home and support this team.

• Fire 1

I didn't know this topic has come up considering the media was just talking about on Friday, October 14, 2011. I only brought it up, because they were talking about it on the radio station and then I read the article that I linked in this thread. Just thought it would be interesting to see the results of a poll.

Bo's sideline demeanor doesn't make his opinion any more or less valid. It's entirely unrelated and irrelevant to the issue of booing college athletes.

• Fire 1

Bo's sideline demeanor doesn't make his opinion any more or less valid. It's entirely unrelated and irrelevant to the issue of booing college athletes.

So I take it your vote is "other." But I see that there are no votes in the other category. If you wish to participate then that is fine. If you don't, then I am sure there are other threads that might catch your interest. Oh and what they were talking about on USC and Schick & Nick was about Bo saying you fans should act this way, but then he has a well known persona of blowing his top. So in a way it is very related and I thought this might make for an interesting poll.

My thoughts exactly.

I've also kind of ignored any radio/columnists opinion on this situation too, particularly the local Omaha radio guys. They feel a professional kinship with Dirk, and it's pitchfork and torch mania right now concerning Bo. Which I actually understand. But remember, those radio guys DO have a dog in this fight, they aren't speaking off the cuff with zero emotion on this deal. They are not neutral on this issue, in fact, they are the very antithesis of neutral. They are part of the media, and the local media took a straight right to the teeth this past week, not just with the post-game presser but also with Lee's asinine article followed up with Dirk's apology and what seems to be a permanent tagline of "In My Opinion" accompanying Dirk's columns from this point going forward. Everyone in local media is pissed right now, and they aren't going to speak objectively on the issue because they can't because this issue directly affects them professionally, emotionally. Bo has every right to tell the crowd they shouldn't be booing at games, because people SHOULD NOT BOO AT COLLEGE ATHLETES.

• Fire 1

So I take it your vote is "other." But I see that there are no votes in the other category. If you wish to participate then that is fine. If you don't, then I am sure there are other threads that might catch your interest. Oh and what they were talking about on USC and Schick & Nick was about Bo saying you fans should act this way, but then he has a well known persona of blowing his top. So in a way it is very related and I thought this might make for an interesting poll.

In no way is it related. It's an ad hominem attack. If Bo was a well known as someone who went around booing college athletes at athletic events, then turned around and said he was against it, then they'd have a point.

In no way is it related. It's an ad hominem attack. If Bo was a well known as someone who went around booing college athletes at athletic events, then turned around and said he was against it, then they'd have a point.

You are correct. But I think you know very well that people won't see it that way. They see Bo saying you should act a certain way. Then they see his actions like the way he talks to the media, yelling in the face of players, and swearing. So what they are going to see is "do as I say, but not as I do." You can clearly see what I am talking about in the comments section of the KETV link I have in here. I was putting it into a poll on huskerboard to see what people thought.

• Fire 1

You are correct. But I think you know very well that people won't see it that way. They see Bo saying you should act a certain way. Then they see his actions like the way he talks to the media, yelling in the face of players, and swearing. So what they are going to see is "do as I say, but not as I do."

Indubitably. Which is why people annoy me. :D

You are correct. But I think you know very well that people won't see it that way. They see Bo saying you should act a certain way. Then they see his actions like the way he talks to the media, yelling in the face of players, and swearing. So what they are going to see is "do as I say, but not as I do."

Indubitably. Which is why people annoy me. :D

I was trying not to say it, cause I didn't want to influence the poll. Thanks a lot Dude :P