1 Marine vs. 30 Cops

The only reason i mentioned the violent part is at the end he makes a comment "they walked away, they're scared"

That comes off as aggressive to me. The marine did nothing legally wrong, however the escalated voice doesn't help any situation at all.

His point is 100% valid and I am not for one second arguing against that. I just think there is a better way to go about this then he did.

I wasn't there and so some of you could be correct that those police were being violent in which case i would retract my statement.

I only have what we saw in the video to go by... I do think his intentions are good, but tit just comes off as aggressive and if it wasn't for the mild mannered cops, tehre could have been an escalated situation.

Raising your voice isn't aggressive. And who knows what the rest of the video was about, but with what I've seen, I think he has a valid point. No where does he say that, "I fought overseas, I'm better than you." He sees people fighting in his home country, the country he defended overseas, and it ticks him off. So he, like any other citizen would do, does something about it. The fact that he is a Marine effected how the cops reacted.

I would want to bet that if it was just your average joe citizen protesting the cops would've had no problem arresting him.

Ok it bugs me so I'll say it, he's a Marine. Not a Soldier. Not in the Army.

Sorry, had to point it out.

I stand by my statement. Army/marine/navy/air force. They all stand for the same purpose and I respect the fact he fights for our country and his whole family did. Much more noble then me in that aspect. However parading his uniform around just to have his voice heard seems like an improper way to use your uniform.

And in my mind soldier and marine are in the same boat when it comes to fighting for our country. I understand your argument.

I didn't mean to criticize your statement, in fact I agree with you completely, just the word choice irked me a bit. To quote E.B. Sledge “Stop calling that guy soldier. He's a Marine. Can't you see his emblem? He's not in the army. Don't insult him.”

I think that somehow insults soldiers, and last time i checked i respect them just as much as marines or anyother branch of military.

This guys obviously thinks he is more important than these cops but last time i check police put there life on the line every single day. Especially New York police..

My dad is a police officer, so i am 100% bias and feel for them.

If you truly have respect for all the branches of the military, then you'll make sure not to call a Marine a Soldier. A Marine doesn't want to be called a Soldier just as much as a Soldier doesn't want to be called a Marine/Sailor/Airman. Though the difference may seem small to you, it is a huge difference to those who serve (such as myself).

+1

Back to the Marine in the youtube, the guy is just expressing his opinion. Meh, that's what free speech is all about--even though guys like that can be kind of annoying. But I do happen to agree with most of what he said.

IMO

The guy is just stirring the pot. He is yelling getting all the media's attention and trying to get a reaction out of NYPD. Makes you wonder if he wanted a confrontation and wanted to be arrested, so he could launch his lawsuit.

1 Marine vs. 30 cops = Draw.

Did the Marine show his DD214. Or whatever the discharge paper is today :dunno My discharge date was 1974.

So we take their word that they are a VFW? Anyone can go buy a set of BDU's and some ribbons. just sayin'

I wholeheartedly agree that everyone has the right to say what they feel within the law. $.02

Here's a instance where there could be arguments either way too:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Postgame-Haka-dancers-in-Utah-pepper-sprayed-by-?urn=highschool-wp7506

Well....we don't totally know what went on earlier in that video. Peaceful protests are protected in the Bill of Rights and he is sworn to protect our rights and our Constitution. If these cops are beating innocent people for protesting, that is complete bullsh#t and I believe it warrants him raising his voice and protecting his fellow Americans he is sworn to protect and serve. Now...he could've handled the situation a bit better and used a better approach to the situation, but this marine honestly seemed very upset and startled by whatever happened previously. I give the guy props. He is just standing up for the American people and our rights, which is his duty as a marine. I commend him, however, he couldn't behaved a bit differently. In the end, I am glad that men like this exist....because our Constitutional rights are being raped right before our eyes and America is changing...and not for the better.

Stopped watching after the first minute. Tuck your shirt in, button up your blouse and at least look like a professional soldier/marine/sailor/airman, if that's what you are trying pass off as what you did. Pet peave of mine. And did I hear 14 deployments to Iraq? Really? Average Marine deployment=7 months. Average Marine stateside dwell-time after deployment=12 months. US "occupation" of Iraq=10-ish years. Math isn't really adding up. But if you really say so...

I guess his argument could be seen as OK, and IMHO, I doubt the officers there need him to remind them of what soldiers do for their country. Like another poster sated above, pretty sure you are looking at a few veterans themselves in that video.

Anyways...