Happy to have Nebraska in the Big 10

has anybody noticed that every fanbase that has come on here has demonstrated a pretty damn polite attitude? That is a far cry from when we had all those missouri,kansas,kstate trolls come on here to rile everybody up. kinda nice.

Very true. I hope it keeps up. We have had some good posters by our non-con opponents as well except for some of the trash talking Washington and Arizona fans that I recall.

has anybody noticed that every fanbase that has come on here has demonstrated a pretty damn polite attitude? That is a far cry from when we had all those missouri,kansas,kstate trolls come on here to rile everybody up. kinda nice.

I have two reasons to not like Nebraka. One is MSU's fault (ugh, 0-5 against you and none of the games have been close) and the other is Nebraska's fault (voted out of the AAU.. come on guys, you have to get back in that as a Big Ten school).

But otherwise I am happy to have Nebraska aboard. Your fans are very nice and knowledgeable, and I hope we can have some competitive games now that MSU has awoken from decades of slumbering.

I have two reasons to not like Nebraka. One is MSU's fault (ugh, 0-5 against you and none of the games have been close) and the other is Nebraska's fault (voted out of the AAU.. come on guys, you have to get back in that as a Big Ten school).

But otherwise I am happy to have Nebraska aboard. Your fans are very nice and knowledgeable, and I hope we can have some competitive games now that MSU has awoken from decades of slumbering.

the AAU card? We'd been in it for decades right? Didn't even know it existed until recently. Not exactly something I'll lose sleep over.

(and i'd bet that good ol' nebraska pride will keep us from ever joining again)

the AAU card? We'd been in it for decades right? Didn't even know it existed until recently. Not exactly something I'll lose sleep over.

It's something Big Ten fans are proud of and differentiated our conference from others. I was kind of disappointed when Nebraska got voted out, but hopefully UNL can get back in so all of our schools can say they are members.

But as for football? Nebraska is a no-brainer. Wow. I just hope we can keep a lot of the red out of Spartan Stadium next year! The more I see of your fan base, the more I am impressed.

Relax, right now your the new transfer pretty girl where all the guys fake an accent to make a good impression, give it a few years, you will pick your enemies within the Big Ten and the Trash Talk will commence. However all Big Ten teams except the scum in Ann Arbor respect the others program......They all have positives in some way.

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other team's football fans and Michigan fans. :facepalm:

Just wanted to echo the sentiments expressed by other spartans here. So happy to have NU in the B1G. Great tradition, great fan base, and a physical brand of football that will fit right in. Plenty of Nebraska fans here in Denver, and they all seem pretty happy to join the B1G and get away from the "Texas league". I wish I could make it out to Lincoln tomorrow to experience your legendary stadium and notoriously welcoming fans, but I can't leave the wife with the kids on her birthday weekend. (I already told her that two years from now I will be making that drive, though.) Should be a great game tomorrow. I think the outcome depends mostly on who can run the ball and win the time of possession. I don't expect either team to throw the ball much. You can definitely expect a couple trick plays from our offense -- especially a halfback or flanker pass play as we haven't shown that one yet this year.

My position on College Football fans is, and always has been, that we need you. Fans of other teams make the games fun and exciting and they are always welcome at my tailgate. Its the 'haters' that boil my blood. I still vividly remember my 12 year old C-Bear telling a K-Sucks fan with a Kansas T-shirt on, "You're just a basketball school. So just shut up." He did and I don't think it was Me, Battiery and the six bikers at the bar backing her up that convinced him. He was just afraid of a 12 year old girl. Par for the course for KU/KSU fans.

Glad to be in the B1G.

Welcome to HuskerBoard.

T_O_B

G>B>R

The AAU thing isn't that big a deal. It is based on the amount of research(read money) being invested at a school. Unfortunately, they changed the rules a few years back so they no longer count agricultural research in the equation. No idea why. So we didn't get any worse, they just changed the rules and are now ignoring quite a bit of the work going on at NU.

Welcome aboard, can already tell that spartan fans are classy ones

:thumbs

Strange, they never called us classy, isn't that right Badger_HB :ahhhhhhhh

Seems like not pointing that out would have be the classy thing to do...

Which would, in a roundabout way, make you very unclassy, amiright?

Indeed we are the epitome of arrogance and lack of class

Indeed we are the epitome of arrogance and lack of class

Well you had class at some point. Then you beat NU and were forever doomed to the mythical "classless fan base" until we even the score. Or you beat Iowa. I understand that trouncing Iowa is the B1G version of a get out of jail free card. Once you use it we can all be friends again. :wasted

Relax, right now your the new transfer pretty girl where all the guys fake an accent to make a good impression, give it a few years, you will pick your enemies within the Big Ten and the Trash Talk will commence. However all Big Ten teams except the scum in Ann Arbor respect the others program......They all have positives in some way.

I think most people on this board are more like : "dont start none, wont be none" however i am inclined to be off about things from time to time.