BCS Standings- Computers hate Wisconsin

Oklahoma State had better not lose a game or Boise might be in it...

As much as I hate to say it........I kinda want to see it just so Boise fans can get their mouths shut once and for all. Whoever they would end up playing would hang 50+ on them.

Please. This argument is so old, especially when everyone claims it will happen every time Boise plays a 'legitimate' team, and they win almost every time. They're a better football team than Nebraska, that's for certain.

There is only one good team boise has beat in the past few years and that was oregon. Is boise top 10? Of course, but i think lsu, alabama, wisconsin, and oklahoma state would beat them. The problem with playing boise is that larger schools see that as a lose-lose situation and im not too sure if, in the past, oregon and oklahoma were umotivated to play them i.e. us last year against washington in our bowl game. Altho, if we played boise this year we would get our butts kicked. In conclusion, they are a good team but would lose to everyone else in the top 5.

As a Wisconsin fan, I don't really care about the rankings anymore. Winning out and making the Big Ten championship is really all that's left.

+1 Rankings are just theories that have a chance to be proven true!!?? I'm with you Badger_HB, you don't need any outside approval to make the CCG. Win and take care of business and earn a shot at a Conference ring and Rose Bowl Berth. However, kind of surprised how far the Badgers fell considering they were on the road and lost to a hail mary. While Oklahoma was pretty much out-gunned on thier own turf.

Oklahoma State had better not lose a game or Boise might be in it...

As much as I hate to say it........I kinda want to see it just so Boise fans can get their mouths shut once and for all. Whoever they would end up playing would hang 50+ on them.

Please. This argument is so old, especially when everyone claims it will happen every time Boise plays a 'legitimate' team, and they win almost every time. They're a better football team than Nebraska, that's for certain.

+1. They would hang 50 on us without a doubt.

I never said anything about us playing them. At this point I don't think we would beat them either. My opinion is if you pair Boise against LSU, Alabama, or Okst in the title game this season the would get hammered. No one takes them lightly anymore. I give credit to them for what they have accomplished. The fact that they have defeated the big name teams recently leads me to believe that at this point any team in the top ten wouldn't mind taking a crack at them. Kind of like going from the being the hunter to hunted for Boise.

The BCS is the biggest joke of college football. What ticks me off the most about the Boise State arguments is that if we had a playoff there wouldn't even be any arguments. The BCS is also corrupt beyond belief.

Well, you would still have arguments about who should get in. But that's innumerably better than the current state of affairs.

• The BCS is racist as hell.
  • The BCS is the biggest joke of college football.
  • The BCS is also corrupt beyond belief.

Wow. I mean, wow. Somehow Shawn Watson must be behind all this BCS nonsense. Ha ha!

But seriously, does it really matter in October whether Wisconsin loses and drops to BCS 15th or 25th? Or 50th? That heart-breaking Hail Mary loss erased any realistic hopes of a Badger MNC. The best bowl Wisc can go to now is the Rose Bowl. So the BCS doesn’t matter at all to Wisconsin, assuming Wisc aspires to win the B1G 10. The BCS ranking really matters most to the #2 B1G team right now, in trying to land an at-large bid to the Sugar or Fiesta. But realistically I don’t think the B1G 10 is in good enough shape this year to land one of those at-large bids. Our #2 team will have at least two losses, with the loss in the CCG.

• The BCS is racist as hell.
  • The BCS is the biggest joke of college football.
  • The BCS is also corrupt beyond belief.

Wow. I mean, wow. Somehow Shawn Watson must be behind all this BCS nonsense. Ha ha!

But seriously, does it really matter in October whether Wisconsin loses and drops to BCS 15th or 25th? Or 50th? That heart-breaking Hail Mary loss erased any realistic hopes of a Badger MNC. The best bowl Wisc can go to now is the Rose Bowl. So the BCS doesn’t matter at all to Wisconsin, assuming Wisc aspires to win the B1G 10. The BCS ranking really matters most to the #2 B1G team right now, in trying to land an at-large bid to the Sugar or Fiesta. But realistically I don’t think the B1G 10 is in good enough shape this year to land one of those at-large bids. Our #2 team will have at least two losses, with the loss in the CCG.

This is all spot-on. It would matter if the BCS rankings still stood as the tiebreaker in the conference, but thankfully, they don't. Wisconsin now needs to just focus on winning out and getting to the B1GCG.