How loud can Memorial Stadium get?

Three of the loudest games that come to mind. '92 Colorado, '10 Mizzu and comeback against tOSU this year. Memorial Stadium is capable of rocking. I hope this Sat it is louder than all the before mentioned games.

2008 Colorado and 2009 OU should be in there as well. I don't remember 2010 MU being that loud . . . I remember laughing a lot.

Y'awl that are lucky enough to be there better yell loud enough to shake the cameras. I mean it, I want to get motion sickness.

The cameras are housed in some pretty solid 1930's-era masonry on the east side, and some pretty stout modern steel work on the west. So I doubt we'll ever shake those things.

But I can tell you that the bleacher seating on both the north and south end zones flexes alarmingly when your whole row is bouncing up and down. Concrete should not do that, especially when it's a three-story drop if it snaps.

I've felt the same thing in Wrigley field and it always freaks me out. I don't think concrete should do that either. lol

Y'awl that are lucky enough to be there better yell loud enough to shake the cameras. I mean it, I want to get motion sickness.

The cameras are housed in some pretty solid 1930's-era masonry on the east side, and some pretty stout modern steel work on the west. So I doubt we'll ever shake those things.

But I can tell you that the bleacher seating on both the north and south end zones flexes alarmingly when your whole row is bouncing up and down. Concrete should not do that, especially when it's a three-story drop if it snaps.

Wuss lol

Flexing is a good thing, as long as it is built with rebar. Things that don't flex just flat out snap. Its same reason why bridges flex( it feels like vibration)

Flexing is a good thing, as long as it is built with rebar. Things that don't flex just flat out snap. Its same reason why bridges flex( it feels like vibration)

I can grasp the engineering behind it (although I'm no engineer). It just feels wrong. You know?

I'd like to ask some of the older folks. But I think present day Memorial Stadium is nothing compared to the '90's and '80's without big screens projecting advertisements every 15 seconds.

I don't know. There weren't that many really loud games, at least not that I went to.

That Halloween sleet storm against Colorado where we blasted them like 52-10 in 1992 was very loud, but our last home game this year, OSU, was just as loud.

It seemed to me that we'd be revved up early in games in the 90s, then as we inevitably steamrolled the opponent it got quieter and quieter. A ton of people used to leave at halftime in those games, too. Now more stay, at least in my section.