New Rivals bowl projects... for s N g's

irieboy8

Looks like they are figuring you to win out the rest of your schedule and lose to Wisconsin in the title game. My question for all you NU fans assuming you beat my Spartans this week is do you feel you win out the remainder of your schedule with games at Penn State and at Michigan on the horizon. Just curious of your thoughts?

I still expect to see LSU in the National Championship game... Bama's good, but I still think LSU is a little better.

I think LSU from top to bottom is the better team. However, I think Bama's a lot better coached. I'd pick Saban over Miles nearly every single time. With how the BCS is structured, the Bama vs. LSU game is more than likely the NC game.

I doubt we see a rematch in the title game. I think it'd be close between the LSU and Bama loser and Boise on who gets in the title game but I don't see the loser getting in over an undefeated Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Clemson, or Stanford.

fixed that for ya, no way k state wins against OU OK state and aTm, and clemson is bound to blow it, they never live up to expectations, they are the ACC's version of Notre Dame well them and FSU,MIami and VA Tech are all like Notre Dame in that aspect but i digress

I still expect to see LSU in the National Championship game... Bama's good, but I still think LSU is a little better.

I think LSU from top to bottom is the better team. However, I think Bama's a lot better coached. I'd pick Saban over Miles nearly every single time. With how the BCS is structured, the Bama vs. LSU game is more than likely the NC game.

I doubt we see a rematch in the title game. I think it'd be close between the LSU and Bama loser and Boise on who gets in the title game but I don't see the loser getting in over an undefeated Oklahoma State, Kansas State, Clemson, or Stanford.

fixed that for ya, no way k state wins against OU OK state and aTm, and clemson is bound to blow it, they never live up to expectations, they are the ACC's version of Notre Dame well them and FSU,MIami and VA Tech are all like Notre Dame in that aspect but i digress

Yeah I agree that KSU won't go undefeated I just threw them in there since if they did go undefeated they could get in. Clemson on the other hand does have a bad history but I wouldn't count them out just based on that.

Looks like they are figuring you to win out the rest of your schedule and lose to Wisconsin in the title game. My question for all you NU fans assuming you beat my Spartans this week is do you feel you win out the remainder of your schedule with games at Penn State and at Michigan on the horizon. Just curious of your thoughts?

I would say it's probably more likely that they project us losing to you guys and winning out. Having been familiar with conference championship games, we've found that bowl selections generally prefer to take one of the first teams out of the conference championship game ahead of the loser that did make it. If that wasn't the case, Nebraska would have been playing in the Cotton Bowl the last two years, instead of being demoted to the Holiday Bowl. Similarly, if NU made it to the CCG game and lost, we would likely drop to the 3rd or 4th bowl bid.

Very good point Landlord I will never understand how the bowls pick teams when it clearly state Big Ten No. 2 vs SEC No. 2 and so on

Every bowl committe picks a person off the street, blindfolds them and see if they can point out 'Waldo' from a children's book. You didn't get the memo on these procedures??