Soooo an 11am game...

Why go to the bar's when you can drop a $20 & drink & eat whatever you bring.

This is the truth. I've never gone to the bars before a game. Seems really commercial and artificial to me.

I do both the tail gate and the bar thing depending on who I'm with. If I'm being totally honest I probably enjoy the bar thing in Lincoln just because we don't really have a concentration of parking area to tail gate in like you do at an NFL stadium or say a bowl game or the dozen good college stadiums around the country to tail gate at. We've got pockets here and there. Some people South of O street. Some West of the stadium. Some behind the paper, some south of the tracks. And while you can get a good experience its nothing like tailgating with folks in a parking lot with thousands of cars and tents and grills set up. Parking has always been an after thought in Lincoln.

• Fire 1

See, I am just heading down with one friend and meeting a few more there. None of us actually have a spot for T-gating. So we usually hit the bars first, get all lathered up and then start walking around to the lots.

Plus I am a teacher so spending money at a bar is not a big deal cause I am so rich.

• Fire 1

If you don't have your own tailgating spot, I can see where the bars become more attractive. And da skers' point about the spread-out nature of the tailgates in Nebraska is a good point.

They used the available space around the stadium as needed, not planning on the tailgate culture springing up. We used to have space, as you can tell in this pic:

post-4424-0-96033700-1319727326.jpg

Under the bridge is the best. Although the spot I go to isn't technically "under the bridge." It's in that lot, though.

Yeah, its a fun spot. I know a few people in there but I dont know them all that well, if that makes sense. I can usually score Champions Passes but that seems to be tough for this game.

Under the bridge is the best. Although the spot I go to isn't technically "under the bridge." It's in that lot, though.

I was shocked and frankly slightly disappointed that this post wasn't accompanied by a link to Eric Crouch singing his famous song about that bridge.

I have too much respect for the members of this forum to abuse their ears like that.