Late game coaching FAIL

Foppa

What exactly does putting in Carnes do for him? MSU had no timeouts, we're not going to throw the ball AT ALL. What's the difference between Taylor handing the ball off and Carnes handing the ball off?

It always helps to get in games even if it mop up..... I;m not trying to be a jerk here... but anyone who ever played varsity sports at a young age knows this

Everyone hammering the OP here would be singing a different tune here if TM gets hurt, and it doesn't take much. Remember last year when Caputo justed stepped back and got TM's ankle. Shows it doesn't take much.

Hell, we tried to kill Rex today, why not take the chance with the QB too. I don't understand the aversion to letting the starters rest and getting a little pt for the backups.

Cool. You're all obviously celebrating (nothing to do but post on here) the big win, all I'm trying to say is that NU should've got backups some experience when the game called for it. But keep bashing me and celebrating at your computer. If Martinez gets hurt, I hope his backups are ready.

Topic FAIL.

What's your plan if Martinez gets hurt? 50 plays a game under wildcat with Burkhead? How scary was that when he went out? I love the outcome, I hate the coaching decision to not get game experience to backups. NU needs all the game time they can get to these guys when the opportunity comes up. How else do you get these kids ready when their number is called?

What exactly does putting in Carnes do for him? MSU had no timeouts, we're not going to throw the ball AT ALL. What's the difference between Taylor handing the ball off and Carnes handing the ball off?

Yeah, I have to take an issue with how Carnes' PT has been handled in many opportunities this season, but today was not one of them.

We needed to cement the victory and only during that last drive when we were just going to hand it off a few times would it have made any sense to put in Carnes. But there would've been little point in putting him in there just for that. Just like there was little point in all the other times we've put him in this year, only to have him keep handing off.

It was 24-3, not 45-7!

• Fire 2

Topic FAIL.

What's your plan if Martinez gets hurt? 50 plays a game under wildcat with Burkhead? How scary was that when he went out? I love the outcome, I hate the coaching decision to not get game experience to backups. NU needs all the game time they can get to these guys when the opportunity comes up. How else do you get these kids ready when their number is called?

He had about as much of a chance getting hurt standing on the sideline as he did handing the ball off. That argument is horse poopy. The only late game coaching fail was leaving Rex in after he got hurt and not using the several freshmen whose redshirts they've burned.

• Fire 1

i totally disagree. when I was a sophomore in HS in both FB and Basketball I got pressed into varsity action with no warning. in FB my coach got me mop up duty so I was ok with it... basketball I didnt and I about crapped my pants. and the difference between the High school atmosphere and small college is massive. imagine what the jump is like for major college! there are very few coaches that would agree with you.

So basically...this topic is too soon...celebrate now, and who cares about what could possibly happen later. Not that any of the posters on here care...but ask Tom Osborne if he would keep all the starters in a game that was out of hand. Maybe some of you remember what he did for the NU program.

Topic FAIL.

He had about as much of a chance getting hurt standing on the sideline as he did handing the ball off. That argument is horse poopy. The only late game coaching fail was leaving Rex in after he got hurt and not using the several freshmen whose redshirts they've burned.

center steps on his foot(happened last year) a fumbled snap... a broken play.

I am surprised at the responses here to this poster's topic. I couldn't agree more that I thought it was strange and somewhat dangerous to keep Burkhead and Taylor in the game, when one was definitely hurt and the other could get hurt in meaningless minutes. Also, why not give other players experience and time?

As someone else said, even meaningless reps are still time on the field. Also, back in the days of TO, our 2nd and 3rd string guys were sometimes as good as the first because they got onto the field. If Taylor goes down, then what? Get some of our back-ups on the field and let them get some reps so they at least are somewhat prepared.

A legit post in my mind.

Topic FAIL.

center steps on his foot(happened last year) a fumbled snap... a broken play.

On a passing play. Invalid argument.

• Fire 1