Block on Marlowe's run?

dergibog

Alot of props need to go to our wrs. I saw a ton of great crack back blocks to free our runners during the game. Great job by them and coach Fisher!!

Yes, definitely. Not only do I have confidence in Enunwa and BK to block VERY WELL on the edges, but they are also both accomplished WRs in their own right. BK has had some uncharacteristic drops this year (sprained thumb probably having a lot to do with that), but overall they are an awesome duo. Throw Kenny Bell into that mix and Jamal Turner at times, and this may be the most talented WR corps we ever had.

Alot of props need to go to our wrs. I saw a ton of great crack back blocks to free our runners during the game. Great job by them and coach Fisher!!

Yes, definitely. Not only do I have confidence in Enunwa and BK to block VERY WELL on the edges, but they are also both accomplished WRs in their own right. BK has had some uncharacteristic drops this year (sprained thumb probably having a lot to do with that), but overall they are an awesome duo. Throw Kenny Bell into that mix and Jamal Turner at times, and this may be the most talented WR corps we ever had.

The only problem is that they are such great blockers that the refs think they are holding when they get a good block.

Great, legal hit but the celebration after was a little disturbing. I know it's a rough sport, but still...

Go watch it again. Martin celebrated for maybe 1/2 a second before realizing the guy was out cold, and he immediately calmed down and backed away like he was scared of the guy.

Martin had just got his bell rung as well. You have to forgive him making an instant's celebration after a huge hit.

This is football. You should not be disturbed by that play.

I think you missed the part I was talking about. The hit and the immediate celebration didn't disturb me. He does back away for a 3-4 seconds watching the guy. And after that time, the guy still shows zero sign of motion. Martin then turns around, jumps up and pumps up the crowd. To each his own but to me, if I see I guy I hit totally motionless after five seconds, I'm concerned for him (paralysis, serious concussion, etc.). Yes, the hit was totally legit, and it is football, but that doesn't override my concern for potentially serious harm to another individual.

• Fire 1

I think you missed the part I was talking about. The hit and the immediate celebration didn't disturb me. He does back away for a 3-4 seconds watching the guy. And after that time, the guy still shows zero sign of motion. Martin then turns around, jumps up and pumps up the crowd. To each his own but to me, if I see I guy I hit totally motionless after five seconds, I'm concerned for him (paralysis, serious concussion, etc.). Yes, the hit was totally legit, and it is football, but that doesn't override my concern for potentially serious harm to another individual.

I didn't miss anything about that play. I was right there in the north endzone watching it, and watching Martin's reaction. I watched it again on DVR last night. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Martin's hit or reaction.

Martin is not a robot. He is a high-energy, high-emotion guy. He just made a big hit on the first play of a big game against a top-ten opponent. Expecting a guy like that to calmly walk off the field is like expecting the sun to rise in the west tomorrow.

I didn't miss anything about that play. I was right there in the north endzone watching it, and watching Martin's reaction. I watched it again on DVR last night. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Martin's hit or reaction.

Martin is not a robot. He is a high-energy, high-emotion guy. He just made a big hit on the first play of a big game against a top-ten opponent. Expecting a guy like that to calmly walk off the field is like expecting the sun to rise in the west tomorrow.

We just see it differently then. I love energy and emotion. I loved the hit. But a full five seconds after the play is over, he sees the guy completely without motion, face down... to me, the testosterone wears off and you start to have some human concern for the guy. You're right, he isn't a robot, and that's exactly why I would expect a human reaction to another human potentially seriously hurt.

Go watch it again. Martin celebrated for maybe 1/2 a second before realizing the guy was out cold, and he immediately calmed down and backed away like he was scared of the guy.

This is why I thought you missed the part I was referring to. You say he celebrated for half a second then backed away scared. In reality, he backed away scared for 3-4 seconds, then celebrated.

We just see it differently then. I love energy and emotion. I loved the hit. But a full five seconds after the play is over, he sees the guy completely without motion, face down... to me, the testosterone wears off and you start to have some human concern for the guy. You're right, he isn't a robot, and that's exactly why I would expect a human reaction to another human potentially seriously hurt.

So nobody should ever celebrate, ever, because on every single play someone could be potentially seriously hurt. That's what you're saying. The player should make the big hit, but stop and see whether the opponent laying on the ground is OK before celebrating every time, and if they don't, they're showing an inhuman reaction. After we sacked Cousins those several times, we should have gotten up, checked his health, and then celebrated.

That is so wholly unrealistic. When do you ever see this happen?

So nobody should ever celebrate, ever, because on every single play someone could be potentially seriously hurt. That's what you're saying. The player should make the big hit, but stop and see whether the opponent laying on the ground is OK before celebrating every time, and if they don't, they're showing an inhuman reaction. After we sacked Cousins those several times, we should have gotten up, checked his health, and then celebrated.

That is so wholly unrealistic. When do you ever see this happen?

No, I don't mean that at all. I just mean that if I were playing and happened to notice that a player I just hit was totally without any sign of motion for a full 5+ seconds, I would feel concerned. Players get clocked all the time, but it isn't very common to see a player laying totally unconscious/motionless like that. That's a sight you only see a handful of times a season and everyone usually holds their breath.

Did you even watch this play? Martin gets up, backs away, raises his hands two times, and runs off the field. He's not sitting there staring at the guy for five seconds, and it's not like he had some outrageous celebration. He raised his hands twice and ran off the field.

You are way overreacting to this.

Did you even watch this play? Martin gets up, backs away, raises his hands two times, and runs off the field. He's not sitting there staring at the guy for five seconds, and it's not like he had some outrageous celebration. He raised his hands twice and ran off the field.

You are way overreacting to this.

Haha, yeah I just watched it ten times on the torrent. I'm not overreacting, just having a discussion. Martin is free to have absolutely whatever reaction he wants. And yes, he was staring at the guy for about 3-4 seconds as he backed away. I'm just saying my emotional reaction was polar opposite to Martin's. That's all. I still like Martin!

Great, legal hit but the celebration after was a little disturbing. I know it's a rough sport, but still...

Martin had just got his bell rung as well. You have to forgive him making an instant's celebration after a huge hit.

This is football. You should not be disturbed by that play.

"This is football" retort is getting old. Also eric martin has no soul.