Nebraska jumps to #9 in both polls

knapplc

Sagarin's numbers have us outside the top ten. He's clearly concerned about our final four games, two of which are away at 100K+ seat stadiums.

We're #12 in his poll, behind 4-4 Missouri. Missouri is up there because they've played the #1 SOS (ours is 38th).

It'll sort itself out in the end.

Check out Sagarin rating. North Dakota State is #50, much better than Iowa, Wyoming, Northwestern, Fresno, Chatts, etc

Sagarin's numbers have us outside the top ten. He's clearly concerned about our final four games, two of which are away at 100K+ seat stadiums.

We're #12 in his poll, behind 4-4 Missouri. Missouri is up there because they've played the #1 SOS (ours is 38th).

It'll sort itself out in the end.

not being serious i hope?

??? Always hard to tell when someone is speaking sarcastically with no indication, and I don't understand what the sarcasm would be here. I 'm virtually certain that Sagarin's system doesn't factor in future games, nor is his computer "clearly concerned" about anything but facts of games played.

:confucius :confucius :confucius :confucius :confucius :confucius :confucius

I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that. I even mentioned something to Badgerfan later this AM about Sagarin not taking future games into account.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself. I have no explanation for why I wrote that. :P

BCS rankings are out. As BBBXII mentioned, we're #10. Not bad for a team learning a new offense, first year in a new league with new opponents and the #38 schedule in the country.

LOL @ Kansas State to #19. They dropped like a three-taco deuce.

You're awarded a rare +1 from The Dude. Congratulations!

Thanks! (And a belated welcome to the board to you. Two years belated. :lol:)

Wow thanks! I've been carrying that resentment for two years. It feels like a weight has been lifted.

Wow! That's EXACTLY how I felt after that three-taco deuce!

you should stop eating three tacos at a time and definitely avoid taco john's 'six pack and a pound'.

I'm baffled by a couple of things in that BCS release:

1) Why is South Carolina in front of us?

2) Why is Arkansas in front of Oregon, South Carolina, AND Nebraska?

I don't get the Arkansas thing, either. Lots of people have been high on them all year and they have played a decent but not great schedule, and they haven't been dominant AT ALL. They have played a weaker schedule than we have, but they're ranked higher in the BCS. SEC bias? I don't know how you explain that. I think we would beat Arkansas on a neutral field. I think Oregon would crush Arkansas on a neutral field.

I think we would crush not only Arkansas, but South Carolina on a neutral field. I simply do not understand those standings. Here's how I thought it was going to look:

1) LSU

2) Alabama

3) Oklahoma State

4) Stanford

5) Boise State

6) Oregon

7) Oklahoma

8) Nebraska

9) Arkansas

10) South Carolina

But I guess that's why I'm not an "expert"

Obviously the coaches didn't follow or watch the vandy vs Ark game last night because they is no way they are 8th team in the country. Vandy did all they could to give ARk the game and finally succeeded in doing so

This is why Arkinsaw is ranked #8....

W - Missouri State (51-7)

W - New Mexico 52-3)

W - Troy (38-28)

L - at Alabama (14-38)

W - Texas A&M (42-38)

W - Auburn (38-14)

W - at Mississippi 29-24)

W - at Vanderbilt (31-28)

What are you talking about??? The only remaining ranked team they beat is #25 Auburn!!! 2-6 Ole Miss, 4-4 Vandy, 2-5 Troy, 0-8 New Mexico, 1-8 Missouri State. Yeah, very impressive! :bs:

Obviously the coaches didn't follow or watch the vandy vs Ark game last night because they is no way they are 8th team in the country. Vandy did all they could to give ARk the game and finally succeeded in doing so

W - New Mexico 52-3)

W - Troy (38-28)

L - at Alabama (14-38)

W - Texas A&M (42-38)

W - Auburn (38-14)

What are you talking about??? The only remaining ranked team they beat is #25 Auburn!!! 2-6 Ole Miss, 4-4 Vandy, 2-5 Troy, 0-8 New Mexico, 1-8 Missouri State. Yeah, very impressive! :bs:

Love the avatar. One of my all-time favorite movies

W - New Mexico 52-3)

W - Troy (38-28)

L - at Alabama (14-38)

W - Texas A&M (42-38)

W - Auburn (38-14)

Didn't they come in to the season ranked pretty highly? That's probably part of it...who cares they're going to drop with a loss to LSU