Nebraska--Boise State

I get that the standard payout will probably fall around the 1 million mark, but not for a one and done game. These deals usually involve 1 away and 2 home. I'm sure N would gladly ink a deal for 1 million against Boise if they would agree to a 3 game series maybe even a 2 game deal.

No, it is for a single game. The article I posted had a couple instances of $1M single game payouts. Iowa just paid over $1M to Louisiana Monroe for a single game

http://hawkcentral.com/2011/07/14/iowa-pays-out-record-sum-for-sept-24-game/

For the Wyoming game, we got $300K to go there, they'll get $300K to come back in 2013, and $750K for 2016.

http://trib.com/college/wyoming/article_9454fbca-1c1d-52e4-b3eb-ddec56456f90.html

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'd like to see us pay $1 million to Boise. In fact I'd much rather see a million go to Boise than Louisiana Monroe. You're paying to get a team into the stadium, not for a win. Why not got a better team for you money? How great of an atmosphere would it be w/ Boise in town next year? Erin Andrews on the sideline would be almost guarenteed. Nebraska would be Boise's 1 yearly "test". Look at the gameday atmosphere during the Ohio State/Michigan State games - then look what it was like during Chatanooga. If you've got to pay a million for Chatanooga - why not pay a million and get a gameday similar to a conference game?

(especially now that kellen moore will be gone)

• Fire 2

I'm so sick of Boise St. getting any credit. Play in a real conference and suffer the injuries and beatings that a team in the SEC, Big 10, or Pac 12 would take on a weekly basis, then talk to the country about how you deserve a shot at the title. Yes, I saw the Oklahoma game and yes Boise won it years ago. It was a great game, but I assure you Boise went into that game a lot healthier than Oklahoma. As far as I am concerned Boise doesn't belong in any conversations. They've played this BCS system like a f'ing' fiddle for too damn long. Stop claiming to be great but refusing to join a great conference! Your a joke til' you do.

I'm pretty sure you have to be invited to a great conference not just decide one day your gonna play in the SEC or BIG. And no great conference is going to issue Boise an invite (except the sinking Big East), because invites have nothing to due anymore with on the field accomplishments and more to do with TV markets.

I'm pretty sure you have to be invited to a great conference not just decide one day your gonna play in the SEC or BIG. And no great conference is going to issue Boise an invite (except the sinking Big East), because invites have nothing to due anymore with on the field accomplishments and more to do with TV markets.

That explains Colorado's invite to the Pac 12.

I'm so sick of Boise St. getting any credit. Play in a real conference and suffer the injuries and beatings that a team in the SEC, Big 10, or Pac 12 would take on a weekly basis, then talk to the country about how you deserve a shot at the title. Yes, I saw the Oklahoma game and yes Boise won it years ago. It was a great game, but I assure you Boise went into that game a lot healthier than Oklahoma. As far as I am concerned Boise doesn't belong in any conversations. They've played this BCS system like a f'ing' fiddle for too damn long. Stop claiming to be great but refusing to join a great conference! Your a joke til' you do.

That, and the fact that you're going from stadiums with a capacity anywhere between 80,000 to 110,000 to a stadium with a capacity of 35,000.

"One of these things is not like the others..."

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I'd like to see us pay $1 million to Boise. In fact I'd much rather see a million go to Boise than Louisiana Monroe. You're paying to get a team into the stadium, not for a win. Why not got a better team for you money? How great of an atmosphere would it be w/ Boise in town next year? Erin Andrews on the sideline would be almost guarenteed. Nebraska would be Boise's 1 yearly "test". Look at the gameday atmosphere during the Ohio State/Michigan State games - then look what it was like during Chatanooga. If you've got to pay a million for Chatanooga - why not pay a million and get a gameday similar to a conference game?

(especially now that kellen moore will be gone)

Because you don't pay a team $1 million if you think there's a legitimate chance you could lose - you just don't. College athletics at top tier division one programs don't work like you want them to in this post. We are in fact paying for a win and not for a team.

You ask why not, and the answer is simple as I have already stated. The Athletic Department and the university are a business just like anything else, a business predicated on winning. You pay a team that kind of money for a guaranteed win, essentially. Forking up $1 million for a program like BSU is completely and utterly idiotic.

That explains Colorado's invite to the Pac 12.

well it sure wasn't their on the field success

Until ticket holders get tired of paying to see terrible match-ups. Then you find out that the business isn't just wins, it's putting on a quality, entertaining product that brings in revenue. We couldn't move to the MAC and play FCS schools for all of our OOC games for very long, even if we won them all. The sellout streak nearly ended in the early 90s because the OOC opponents were lousy, and the Big 8 was weak, and we'd roll through most of it and be totally unprepared for Miami and Florida State and even Georgia Tech and get our helmets handed to us in the bowl games.

For now, they get away with scheduling some pretty lousy games and still sell out. There's no motivation to bring in Boise St. Unfortunately.

That, and the fact that you're going from stadiums with a capacity anywhere between 80,000 to 110,000 to a stadium with a capacity of 35,000.

"One of these things is not like the others..."

I counted 9 teams from the SEC and B1G lower than 80000 capacity.

Point is a team Like Boise can't just pick up the phone and join any conference they like.

Heck it took about 5 years of begging just to get in the Mountain West.