Nebraska--Boise State

I think I read somewhere that Nebraska paid Washington 300k to come to Lincoln.

And how much did they pass us to go to Seattle? Probably the same. That wasn't a one shot deal.

Ya I know. What I'm saying is that why pay 1 million for Boise State to come to Lincoln for one game where we only paid 300k for Washington who plays in a top BCS conference to come to Lincoln and I'm sure it was the same amount for the Huskers to head west to Seattle. Nebraska doesn't even pay teams like Chattanooga a million to come to Lincoln just to get their asses handed to them.

And how much did they pass us to go to Seattle? Probably the same. That wasn't a one shot deal.

Ya I know. What I'm saying is that why pay 1 million for Boise State to come to Lincoln for one game where we only paid 300k for Washington who plays in a top BCS conference to come to Lincoln and I'm sure it was the same amount for the Huskers to head west to Seattle. Nebraska doesn't even pay teams like Chattanooga a million to come to Lincoln just to get their asses handed to them.

That makes no sense. We had to play an away game at Washington, that's why we only had to pay them $300K, and they (probably) paid the same to us. We didn't pay them $300K for a single game in Lincoln that Boise St wanted $1M for.

And you don't pay for wins. You pay for someone willing to travel. FCS teams almost always get less than other BCS teams, probably because they give up less revenue in giving up a home game. See this article:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2009-09-02-smallschool_payoffs_N.htm

Why should Boise St take less than some other BCS schools are getting? $1M is not out of line. They will sell out home games, so they've got to make up the revenue. Or at least want to. But they should also shut up about "anytime, anywhere" unless they add the caveat "if the price is right". And the 2 for 1 deal was reasonable, it's the same as what Wyoming got. They shouldn't have turned that down if they were serious.

Nebraska doesn't offer Bama $1M for a single game in Lincoln because they would laugh their asses off at us. They would want a return game as equals.

Let me put it this way. Would you pay $10 more for a ticket to a Boise St game in Lincoln than South Dakota St? I would. That would make up the difference between what we paid SDSU and what we'd pay Boise St. Add in TV revenue, and we have a winner.

But we might lose. Take a chance, and put your team against some real competition and have some confidence in them. We just might win.

I will send my midget league team to play anyone, anywhere, anytime for.................... $10 Billion dollars (in the voice of Dr. Evil)

Boise St asks for these ridiculus deals so that they can continue to feign the illusion that they are somebody and willing but the big boys must want to dodge them.

They're decent but they'd be lucky to break .500 in a real conference that would dish out a beating week in and week out.

I'm so sick of Boise St. getting any credit. Play in a real conference and suffer the injuries and beatings that a team in the SEC, Big 10, or Pac 12 would take on a weekly basis, then talk to the country about how you deserve a shot at the title. Yes, I saw the Oklahoma game and yes Boise won it years ago. It was a great game, but I assure you Boise went into that game a lot healthier than Oklahoma. As far as I am concerned Boise doesn't belong in any conversations. They've played this BCS system like a f'ing' fiddle for too damn long. Stop claiming to be great but refusing to join a great conference! Your a joke til' you do.

It is common for budgeting reasons to have a payment for the visiting team in home and home series.

I also think it's budgeting that kept Boise from doing a series with us. The $1 million figure or whatever may seem exorbitant, but keep in mind guys that Boise is not getting a cut from TV revenue (if anything), they don't have a stadium full of people making huge donations to get season tickets, and they don't get huge contributions from alumni boosters. They really do need that money for the athletic department.

It is common for budgeting reasons to have a payment for the visiting team in home and home series.

I also think it's budgeting that kept Boise from doing a series with us. The $1 million figure or whatever may seem exorbitant, but keep in mind guys that Boise is not getting a cut from TV revenue (if anything), they don't have a stadium full of people making huge donations to get season tickets, and they don't get huge contributions from alumni boosters. They really do need that money for the athletic department.

I disagree to a point...

My 2nd cousin is a wealthy dairy farmer, not from there, not an alumni, no connection to the team. About 6-7 yrs ago when they started winning, he became a "booster".

He donates in the low 5 figures and gets treated VERY well.

He has a lot of golfing, business, social, etc.. "new friends" that are tied to the program now as well. Not that he cares, and if he were in some other city it'd be the same thing just a different team.

In other words, they have their $$ too, which is less than auburn, say, but still there