How many big wins do we need to win back the media?

I just don't think he has a point, Knapp. Talking about getting the media back on "our side", when there has been a very large amount of positive public publicity for our program all year long DESPITE the Wisconsin blowout.

He does have a point. You just disagree with it. I think there's a terminology disconnect.

Knapp, i'm new to this board..so help me understand..if i disagree with a post am I to begin a conversation with you about my disagreement on the thread or do i just disagree directly to the poster?

I was watching the Big 10 Network a couple of nights ago. Their comments were about how Michigan State had a huge letdown rather than how good we played. I can somewhat understand this for a couple of reasons. MSU had a very tough month of October, and we completely laid an egg against Wisconsin. It rubbed me the wrong way at first, but after thinking about it for a while it is understandable we're not getting the love we feel we should. Our defense really hasn't played very well at all until this past Saturday. If the D continues to play like it did Saturday, we'll get lots of attention by season's end. I was also watching the BCS countdown the other day. Even though we're 10th in the BCS, the guy giving his predictions had Wisconsin as the only Big 10 team in a BCS bowl bid.

Knapp, i'm new to this board..so help me understand..if i disagree with a post am I to begin a conversation with you about my disagreement on the thread or do i just disagree directly to the poster?

Are you asking knapplc the schmoe member or knapplc the Moderator? :)

It depends entirely on what you disagree with. If you disagree with the point being made, debate the point to your heart's content - that's what message boards are for, as I'm sure you're well aware.

If you have an issue where you think someone is coming after YOU, not the topic, then you can talk to a Mod about it.

• Fire 1

I just don't think he has a point, Knapp. Talking about getting the media back on "our side", when there has been a very large amount of positive public publicity for our program all year long DESPITE the Wisconsin blowout.

He does have a point. You just disagree with it. I think there's a terminology disconnect.

you argue with whatever you want. i sometimes argue with people who agree with me, just so i does not get too boring around here.

It depends entirely on what you disagree with. If you disagree with the point being made, debate the point to your heart's content - that's what message boards are for, as I'm sure you're well aware.

If you have an issue where you think someone is coming after YOU, not the topic, then you can talk to a Mod about it.

lol..was just having fun..trying to make a point..I like the board..good dialogue.

lol..was just having fun..trying to make a point..I like the board..good dialogue.

i was wondering if you were joking or not, i thought maybe you came from some weirdly, overly controlled north korean board or something.

i was wondering if you were joking or not, i thought maybe you came from some weirdly, overly controlled north korean board or something.

It's not North Korean...it's North Korwegian. You can't ever say I don't listen to Mods and learn how to speak proper English ;)

I think that I understood the gist of the OP. In answer to your original question......... If Nebraska wins the Big Ten and beats an UPPER echelon SEC team in a BCS bowl, I think the Huskers will be given the credit that you're seeking. It won't happen by only winning the Big Ten or by winning the Big Ten and beating a mid-level SEC team like Arkansas. Just ask Ohio State.

Huskerpedia...which i heard was just shut down

We get all we deserve, nothing less as far as I am concerned.

Herbstriet went off on us rigging the vote, but continously voting. Do you really believe the results from that poll?

Herbstriet has been a big fan of Bo and has been very positive when deserved.

Mark May even made positive remarks last weekend. You need to listen to what is being said, not what you want to hear.

3-16 against ranked opponents, what credit do we deserve. We get far more than Duke and they are on the same level with us as to wins against ranked opponents.

I hate how MSU can have the excuse of just not showing up when they get manhandled, but when it happens to Nebraska, it's a "told you so!" reaction. If much of the media wasn't trying to prove that we aren't worthy, maybe we wouldn't have that.

I think we need to win a BCS bowl game in impressive fashion, possibly vs. an SEC team or Oregon/Stanford.

Agreed. Luckily, both Oregon and Stanford are highly overrated teams we could beat fairly handily. Another game that will look much tougher than it is.