How many big wins do we need to win back the media?

I hate how MSU can have the excuse of just not showing up when they get manhandled, but when it happens to Nebraska, it's a "told you so!" reaction. If much of the media wasn't trying to prove that we aren't worthy, maybe we wouldn't have that.

I think we need to win a BCS bowl game in impressive fashion, possibly vs. an SEC team or Oregon/Stanford.

Agreed. Luckily, both Oregon and Stanford are highly overrated teams we could beat fairly handily. Another game that will look much tougher than it is.

I think NEB could handle both Oregon and Stanford...would be very tough match-ups nontheless.

We get all we deserve, nothing less as far as I am concerned.

Herbstriet went off on us rigging the vote, but continously voting. Do you really believe the results from that poll?

Herbstriet has been a big fan of Bo and has been very positive when deserved.

Mark May even made positive remarks last weekend. You need to listen to what is being said, not what you want to hear.

3-16 against ranked opponents, what credit do we deserve. We get far more than Duke and they are on the same level with us as to wins against ranked opponents.

So do you believe we got the credit deserved for the msu win?

Winning games like WI - especially when they're in prime time with 1 million+ eyes watching. Same with games like the last 2 B12C's. It's the losses like those that media folks remember - not so much wins against teams like MSU. MSU is good but does not have brand name recognition. Quick how many times do people bring up Boise beating OU?

Plain and simply NU has to get back to winning big games on the big stage.

With that will come swag - true swag - not the manufactured variety that we hear about. And with that swag will come more big wins...... It's a nice vicious cycle that the 90's Huskers perfected and fed off.

THIS

What is the original poster talking about? We're in the media all the time....we're ranked 10th in the BCS for pete's sake. We've had 5 straight abc/espn games, beat a top 10-ish team, gotten college gameday at one of our stops, etc.

We are in the media plenty, and they are plenty on our side.

Not sure I totally agree with you, but to answer the OP, "WHO FREAKING CARES?!?!?!?"

We need to take care of our business, not worry about what the media has to say. Geeze.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood cuz I'm sick (sorry if that's the case), but dang, some of the things I've seen today on this board have been bording on ridiculous.

people are looking at this the wrong way for a couple of reasons. espn will most likely never care about NU, it is too small of a market. also, people seem to be arguing because on poster is discussing voters and the other is discussing mainstream media. we get respected by voters, and even espn, which is good. the problem is that we do not get enough face time. i am sure 90% of the nation's programs feel ignored, there is just not enough time. i even feel that way with btn, but they are by far the fairest source of programming. finally, it is not a matter of a big win, or even many big wins, it is a matter of us legitimately being in contention for the mnc. we need to be juggernauts and sustain that status. but even if it never comes, there is enough media, plus hb, that who cares? if you can not get your husker fix, you are being lazy.

I think we got what we deserved. The game was what most thought it would be. Better than I thought by a long ways. I do believe that MSU was not on, for what ever reason. Too much hpye, excitement over the last month, being on the road, playing in front of a loud crowd where they had never been before. A lot of things led to the win/loss. Including Nebraska playing one of their better games this year. Do I think Nebraska would have beaten them the week before at their house? NO.

It really does not matter what we think about the media, they are going to report as close to accurate as possible. I listen to Finebaum nearly every single day. Every school down there thinks ESPN hates them, short changes them. It is just the college football fan in us.

Nothing to really worry about, we win who cares what the press says, it has very little affect on the game either way.

What is the original poster talking about? We're in the media all the time....we're ranked 10th in the BCS for pete's sake. We've had 5 straight abc/espn games, beat a top 10-ish team, gotten college gameday at one of our stops, etc.

Not sure I totally agree with you, but to answer the OP, "WHO FREAKING CARES?!?!?!?"

We need to take care of our business, not worry about what the media has to say. Geeze.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood cuz I'm sick (sorry if that's the case), but dang, some of the things I've seen today on this board have been bording on ridiculous.

see, now this is a good response..let your feelings out..this is why i love these boards..cuz as much as people like you hated the post..67 stopped to write a comment..that's just good stuff !

3-16 against ranked opponents, what credit do we deserve. We get far more than Duke and they are on the same level with us as to wins against ranked opponents.

I took a quick look into this...

Nebraska vs. Duke - 2002-current season, excluding 2004 as I couldn't find any rankings for Duke's opponents that year

Nebraska against ranked opponents:

Games played: 32

Avg. Opponent rank: 11.656

Record: 9-23

Points for: 650

Points against: 919

Avg. Point differential: -8.406

Duke against ranked opponents

Games played: 22

Avg. Opponent rank: 13.909

Record: 0-22

Points for: 279

Points against: 919

Avg. Point differential: -29.091

Please consider what you're saying before you spam the forum with such nonsense.

I don't think we get the respect we deserve at all. This is mainly based on the lack of respect Espn gives us. Espn has grown so big they dominate the sports media industry and whatever they say goes. USC, Alabama, LSU (and the "Mad Hatter") and whoever else they decide to jump on at any given time will get all their attention. What's sad is that a majority of individual local media will fall right in line with Espn. Nebraska will get back on the map. Maybe even this year. These BCS rankings could play out very interesting toward the end of the season. There's no doubt though, the mainstream media seems to forget even mentioning our names when talking about the elite programs in the country.

I don't think we get the respect we deserve at all. This is mainly based on the lack of respect Espn gives us. Espn has grown so big they dominate the sports media industry and whatever they say goes. USC, Alabama, LSU (and the "Mad Hatter") and whoever else they decide to jump on at any given time will get all their attention. What's sad is that a majority of individual local media will fall right in line with Espn. Nebraska will get back on the map. Maybe even this year. These BCS rankings could play out very interesting toward the end of the season. There's no doubt though, the mainstream media seems to forget even mentioning our names when talking about the elite programs in the country.

don't forget the attention they give nd and even mich. that is always what upset me, how much attention they still give these programs even though they are so irrelevant.

Again, this is just plain nuts. ESPN has given us tons of respect ESPECIALLY for our relatively small market. Numerous, irrefutable examples were in my previous post. You can add to it 2009, Tim Tebow's senior year, when ESPN pundits began very vocally promoting Suh for Heisman.

And maybe you didn't notice, but nobody is mindlessly jumping on an Alabama or LSU bandwagon. They're the top rated teams in the country. When you're a journalist, you follow the story. The Huskers joining the Big 10 is a big story. Michigan State's miracle finish against Wisconsin was a big story. Their letdown against Nebraska was a story, too, and so was Rex Burkhead. You can go to YouTube and watch ESPN's coverage of NU/MSU. We were given credit for crushing the Spartans.

Here on the West Coast, Pac 10 fans believe The Media is biased in favor of the Big 10 and Big 12 and teams like USC and Stanford have to scrap for attention.

The Media Doesn't Respect Us whine never looks good.