Michigan @Iowa: Who do we want to win?

This. Goodness people, this "backdoor" crap and "return to dominance" is ridiculous. Did we backdoor it last year because we lost later in the year than mizzou? No, thats stupid. And like many big ten fans like to tell us, it's not the nineties any more. This "logic"is what makes us look bad to other fan bases. Saying youd rather stay home if were are six and two, rather than play in the ccg is flat out ignorant, to be kind.

I will speak for myself on this.

1) I would prefer to go to the CCG with a 7-1 record and not have to rely on anyone else losing.

2) We still only have one loss and four games to go. It seems wussy to me to hope that some other team chokes, just to give us insurance if we can't do what we need to do.

3) I would rather go to the CCG at 6-2 than stay home. But with the pride I have in the Huskers, I would rather beat another one loss top ten-ish team to get there than all unranked or marginally ranked teams.

All emotions aside, Iowa. Anything that helps us get to Indy, I'll take

Thank you. Someone who gets it.

Lord almighty!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect be damned, just like we should hope that our non-divisional opponents beat our divisional opponents every game. I don't see why this is so difficult.

Soooooo..... By this logic, we should have joined the Big East instead? Then we could win the conference every year because nobody else is any good. No! It's about pride, man! Beating good teams on their home turf is what defines great teams, and I would rather we be challenged. If we win vs. a 1-loss Michigan team, we deserve to make it to the CCG. If we don't win, then we don't deserve to win our division.

PRIDE

Exactly right!

Lord almighty!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect be damned, just like we should hope that our non-divisional opponents beat our divisional opponents every game. I don't see why this is so difficult.

Soooooo..... By this logic, we should have joined the Big East instead? Then we could win the conference every year because nobody else is any good. No! It's about pride, man! Beating good teams on their home turf is what defines great teams, and I would rather we be challenged. If we win vs. a 1-loss Michigan team, we deserve to make it to the CCG. If we don't win, then we don't deserve to win our division.

PRIDE

+1

:nanalama:band:woo:corndance

I pruned about 15 posts from this thread just now. They have been moved to THIS THREAD in the Shed.

If you have a personal problem with another member, take that conversation to the Woodshed. If you see something that is outrageous, use the Report button on the bottom of the post and the Mod Team will take a look at it.

The discussion about other members ends here. Please take any continuation of that conversation to the Shed. Thanks. :thumbs

Well, besides the entire argument being bunk since we play both Michigan AND Iowa, I can't believe people are harping on this pride and respect angle so much. Ten years from now, we'll either have a shiny B1G Championship trophy in our case, or we won't. No one will give two dicks (or probably even remember for that matter) whether Michigan was 9-1 or 8-2 when we played them.

Lord almighty!!!!!!!!!!!

PRIDE

Exactly...........otherwise we'd be Boise St.

:thumbs

Absolutely. Bring it!

Personally, we need Michigan State to lose more than anyone else.

That happened last weekend... we don't need anything else from Sparty.

So if Michigan and NU both lose another game, who wins the division?

I don't want charity... if we don't win... we shouldn't be the champs if another team wins more.

A championship should go to the best team, and we are in a good conference.

Well, besides the entire argument being bunk since we play both Michigan AND Iowa, I can't believe people are harking over this pride and respect angle so much. Ten years from now, we'll either have a shiny B1G Championship trophy in our case, or we won't. No one will give two dicks (or probably even remember for that matter) whether Michigan was 9-1 or 8-2 when we played them.

Rival fans of different teams on internet message boards never forget... bring on Michigan... we're still fighting 1997 !!!

I want us to win all of our next games. That's probably obvious for ANY Husker fan. That's how I want to make the CCG. However, if we happen not to win all of our next games it would be nice to have Michigan lose to Iowa. I want to see us play in the CCG (hopefully by winning out). But bottom line I want to be in it. Also, I want one more football game to watch NU play. So however we get there, we get there.

Well, besides the entire argument being bunk since we play both Michigan AND Iowa, I can't believe people are harking over this pride and respect angle so much. Ten years from now, we'll either have a shiny B1G Championship trophy in our case, or we won't. No one will give two dicks (or probably even remember for that matter) whether Michigan was 9-1 or 8-2 when we played them.

This is where you are wrong, people will remember and will care. Maybe YOU wont, but other people will, that is the difference. I dont care about the media, but i know some of the fans, the players and the coaches care.

There is more to N football than wins and ccg. I think Tom O would agree.

This is where you are wrong, people will remember and will care. Maybe YOU wont, but other people will, that is the difference. I dont care about the media, but i know some of the fans, the players and the coaches care.

There is more to N football than wins and ccg. I think Tom O would agree.

Yeah, NU football is all about beating one-loss teams, not two-loss teams! Grrrr!

But no, TO wouldn't agree with this path-of-most-resistance nonsense, otherwise we'd never play another non-conference cupcake. TO has already turned down certain non-conference match-ups to keep our schedule reasonable. This is totally fine. Just about any team that's ever won a championship in a highly-competitive league will tell you there's some luck and good fortune involved. There has to be a good amount of realism. Hell, we'd barely even be in the Legends discussion right now if we had gotten OSU at full-strength for the entire game. We caught a break. Should we forfeit the win because we're Nebraska, and we want every accomplishment to be solely earned on our own talents?