At this point, how does the B1G compare to Big XII?

Everything is better. People say the Ohio State, Penn State and Wisconsin fans suck, but then again we've been going to Colorado and Missouri for years. This conference is great, almost everything is better so far.

Only one thing: I really miss the OU rivalry. Its just a huge shame that it had to die. Thats the way it goes I guess.

Better all the way around. Love the BTN, and not having to think about Texas.

I will say that it's a little hard to get up for, say, Michigan St, the way you could get up for, say, KSU; but that history will come in time.

Miss OU, though, even if they don't miss us. Oh well - now karma has them shacked to Bevo till the end of time.

As far as week in, week out matchups, definitely take the B1G over the Little 9--or whatever they're down to now. We've got stability, balance, and competition. The league has its bottom feeders, but a lot of teams are in the hunt going into November. That makes for a good football product. I hope Nebraska sweeps the division, obviously, but so far it's been a heck of a ride.

As far as the externals like the BTN and venues, heads and shoulders better. Nebraska and the B1G made the right move. In fact it was the best move of the expansion era, and probably will remain that way as CFB transforms.

I think the biggest difference is obviously what most people have noticed: the style of play. Everybody in this conference plays smashmouth football, runs between the tackles, and dares you to stop it. Coincidentally, that causes a major challenge each and every week, one of the reasons that everybody has kind of beat each other in this conference this year and appears to have done so already this year.

Like I said, it seems that it is more challenging week in and week out so far. These last 4 games are an example: NW and Iowa are both subpar teams, but they could potentially beat any team in the conference on any week. Needless to say, I'm pretty cautious of our remaining schedule. Hopefully we can just win out and control our own destiny to make it to Indy.

Let's see...no ppv. I've been able to watch every game this year and will get to see every game this year except of course the CCG. My brother's wedding is that night and I hate him for it!

Playing OSU, UW, MSU, PSU, and UM or playing KSU, ISU, KU (who we'd beat by 60 points this year btw), MU, CU, A&M and UT. I'd take the B1G teams in a heartbeat. I was actually sitting there watching the OSU game and I turned to my friend and said can you believe where playing freaking Ohio St. right now? This is awesome!

As far as basketball, with the Big East breaking up, the B1G just became the marquee bball conference in the nation. ACC might give us a run for our money some years, however. Now if we can just get KU for basketball. You'd have UW, OSU, Purdue (yes they are good at basketball most years), Indiana, Illinois, UM (some years) and KU if we could reel them in. That is a stacked basketball conference ladies and gentleman.

I'd def. say the B1G was a great move!

I like the level of football in the B12 but for everything else it's the B1G. Also, it just feels weird not knowing much about 1/2 these teams in the B1G. For instance, I never knew that WI had CU-like scum fans..... For all the talk about how Alvarez molded their program after NU's from copying our uni's right down to the style of football...... it's surprising.

I like the level of football in the B12 but for everything else it's the B1G. Also, it just feels weird not knowing much about 1/2 these teams in the B1G. For instance, I never knew that WI had CU-like scum fans..... For all the talk about how Alvarez molded their program after NU's from copying our uni's right down to the style of football...... it's surprising.

Believe it or not we've been wearing cardinal and white for a while, actually a year longer than the Huskers...oh and we won a few games before Alvarez as well. I know its surprising...

Wisconsin ripping NU is kind of a poor point in my book. Barry never coached there, he was a linebacker. It pains me to say it but if any place influenced him it was Iowa and Hayden Fry where he spent the most time as a coach before UW.

yea and our fans are scum yours are saints blah blah blah

I'm confused, how does what compare to the Big XII...this thread is perplexing

i think i explained it fairly well. everything, all the possible things, are better.

venues, teams, btn, and so on and so forth.

Ohhhh we're talking about the Big Ten, I get it. Well from the perspective of a fan of the Big Ten prior to expansion I think you guys have definitely proven to be worth the move. Adding NU enriched the conference substantially...the races for the championship are incomparably better and now we have a CG, they are more than capable of being competitive in the league and as a program with national appeal now we're up to four marque teams. I think that may be more than any other conference, (SEC may beg to differ but other than Bama I'm not sure any of those teams is head and shoulders a national fan base team...maybe LSU...maybe, all the others are strong in their states and big in the region but I've never seen a Vol fan in Minneapolis or an Auburn fan in Topeka)

That said AAU membership would be nice and we'll see how they fair in B-Ball. Have a feeling they're going to tear up baseball though.

we are still embarrassed about the AAU debacle, and i imagine we will always be embarrassed by nebrasketball, but maybe this is our year.

AAU membership could happen again if pride doesn't get in the way and even if it doesn't things will pan out alright. I'm thinking in 10 or 20 years UNL will improve its academics greatly from cooperating with its conference brethren in the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, so even if its not in the AAU it'll be at the level. That's the awesome thing about the Big Ten, we're much more than just athletics.

I'm not sure about Basketball yet though..we'll see how they translate to the conference.

Out of curiosity you do realize the 2 swing votes that would have kept Nebraska in the AAU, If memory serves on the totals, were no votes from Wisconsin and another big ten school right? I cant remember who but I want to say Michigan?

You aren't allowed to give Nebraska crap on that front if your school voted them out. Screw the AAU. It's definitely a pride thing now. It means absolutely nothing.

Wisconsin ripping NU is kind of a poor point in my book. Barry never coached there, he was a linebacker. It pains me to say it but if any place influenced him it was Iowa and Hayden Fry where he spent the most time as a coach before UW.

"A lot of my philosophy was based upon the foundation I had starting at Nebraska," Alvarez said.

http://espn.go.com/c...ska-cornhuskers

• Fire 1

1. Yes.

2. Visiting MN and WI were overall great atmospheres (minus the over talked about 'bad kids' at WI) to watch football. The MSU/OSU fans that we talked/drank with were very gracious, and I can't wait to visit next year. Hoping our return tailgating visit to PSU is better than last... .

3. It is going to take a year or so to get used to the B1G, but I like the parity that the top part of the league is showing, so far...IMO. Definitely looking forward to watching some B1G teams play on our home floor in bball. Volleyball has met the expectations as the B1G is a big step up in week in week out competition.

i think i explained it fairly well. everything, all the possible things, are better.

Ohhhh we're talking about the Big Ten, I get it. Well from the perspective of a fan of the Big Ten prior to expansion I think you guys have definitely proven to be worth the move. Adding NU enriched the conference substantially...the races for the championship are incomparably better and now we have a CG, they are more than capable of being competitive in the league and as a program with national appeal now we're up to four marque teams. I think that may be more than any other conference, (SEC may beg to differ but other than Bama I'm not sure any of those teams is head and shoulders a national fan base team...maybe LSU...maybe, all the others are strong in their states and big in the region but I've never seen a Vol fan in Minneapolis or an Auburn fan in Topeka)

That said AAU membership would be nice and we'll see how they fair in B-Ball. Have a feeling they're going to tear up baseball though.

we are still embarrassed about the AAU debacle, and i imagine we will always be embarrassed by nebrasketball, but maybe this is our year.

AAU membership could happen again if pride doesn't get in the way and even if it doesn't things will pan out alright. I'm thinking in 10 or 20 years UNL will improve its academics greatly from cooperating with its conference brethren in the Committee on Institutional Cooperation, so even if its not in the AAU it'll be at the level. That's the awesome thing about the Big Ten, we're much more than just athletics.

I'm not sure about Basketball yet though..we'll see how they translate to the conference.

Out of curiosity you do realize the 2 swing votes that would have kept Nebraska in the AAU, If memory serves on the totals, were no votes from Wisconsin and another big ten school right? I cant remember who but I want to say Michigan?

You aren't allowed to give Nebraska crap on that front if your school voted them out. Screw the AAU. It's definitely a pride thing now. It means absolutely nothing.

Hey another person that flips sh#t because they think I'm talking smack. Great, hey how you doing?

I'm not giving UNL crap for being kicked out of the AAU, read what I said, was any of that giving you guys crap? I was being positive and optimistic. Don't get so defensive when you see someone from another fanbase post. I'm not here to tear down NU, if I was I'd have gotten my kicks and been banned weeks ago, I'm here to talk CFB and the Big Ten, something we all enjoy. Chill.

"A lot of my philosophy was based upon the foundation I had starting at Nebraska," Alvarez said.

http://espn.go.com/c...ska-cornhuskers

Look at the context of the article...of course Barry's going to puff up his ties to UNL before the game with Nebraska, and before a game with Iowa he'll talk about his near decade with them and how much it influenced him. Big deal. We had a team before Barry. We went to Rose Bowls before he showed up and we've gone after. We're not your little brother.

As an undergrad at UNL who does research & sees the type of research going on, it just blows my mind that the AAU kicked us out. Screw the AAU if they think agricultural research isn't important.