Week 10 "Expert" Picks: Northwestern @ Nebraska

Saunders

wow didnt realize we are 12th in pass D in the country.kinda crazy.

really? the mich st and Minnesota games really pumped up the stats a bit lol. I am proud of my Huskers, but they have 4 tough games to go. I wanna see more hardcore blackshirt defense so that these current numbers can be validated.

This game will be a romp. There are too many factors than greatly favor Nebraska.

30mph wind = Advantage Nebraska (RUN, RUN, RUN -- Good luck, Persa)

Norhtwestern has the 95th ranked rushing defense in the country = Advantage Nebraska (REX + Triplets + Taylor = Field day)

The Blackshirts look as though they finally have turned the corner. It also doesn't hurt that the Wildcats bring a spread look that the brothers Pelini are all too familiar with.

We have more speed, size, and overall playmakers than Northwestern does.

The only thing I can think of that Fitzgerald's group has over us is Special Teams. They are very good in kickof and punt coverage. As i've said before, our punt coverage is awful and Abdullah has struggled as of late. I don't see that changing this weekend, but the one bright spot in this area is that I highly doubt that their kicker is better than Maher, but it really shouldn't matter with gusts of up to 30mph.

Big Red 52

Wildcats 13

This game will be a romp. There are too many factors than greatly favor Nebraska.

30mph wind = Advantage Nebraska (RUN, RUN, RUN -- Good luck, Persa)

Norhtwestern has the 95th ranked rushing defense in the country = Advantage Nebraska (REX + Triplets + Taylor = Field day)

The Blackshirts look as though they finally have turned the corner. It also doesn't hurt that the Wildcats bring a spread look that the brothers Pelini are all too familiar with.

We have more speed, size, and overall playmakers than Northwestern does.

The only thing I can think of that Fitzgerald's group has over us is Special Teams. They are very good in kickof and punt coverage. As i've said before, our punt coverage is awful and Abdullah has struggled as of late. I don't see that changing this weekend, but the one bright spot in this area is that I highly doubt that their kicker is better than Maher, but it really shouldn't matter with gusts of up to 30mph.

Big Red 52

Wildcats 13

Good post!

I think NW's only hope is that we have one of those "fumble" games where we lay it on the carpet eight or nine times. Even TO teams occasionally did that although very rarely. I can't imagine them stuffing our offense whatsoever. SuperRex/Tmart run through them like a hot knife through butter.

NU 45

NW 17

GBR!!