The Big 10 is a Mess

Zaimejs

this conference is garbitch this year.

mediocrity all around.

Don't worry. Urban will come to save the day :D

I don't know the latest rumor is that he is going to go to Penn St. ;)

I enjoy that he has flat out denied PSU interest when asked but when OSU is brought up he just says nothing.....

He loves OSU and he should be the next coach as long as nothing too serious comes from the NCAA(and I don't anticipate a bowl ban honestly. maybe a couple scholarships)

mediocrity all around.

I enjoy that he has flat out denied PSU interest when asked but when OSU is brought up he just says nothing.....

He loves OSU and he should be the next coach as long as nothing too serious comes from the NCAA(and I don't anticipate a bowl ban honestly. maybe a couple scholarships)

And Fickell practically turning the program around and might actually win the division as well as possibly the conference means nothing to keeping him? Are you already dismissing him?

mediocrity all around.

And Fickell practically turning the program around and might actually win the division as well as possibly the conference means nothing to keeping him? Are you already dismissing him?

Fickell is not ready to be the head coach. I would hope he could come back in 10 years after a coaching philosophy was built at Akron or Kent.

OSU is not a job for a first time coach.

We will get a ton of recruits because it's Ohio and we're OSU but recruiting will suffer with a Fickell currently coaching the team.

After watching Iowa-Michigan I am a lot more confident in Nebraskas chances. Michigans passing game is worse than ours. Why is Robinson even in the Heisman discussion?

Because he plays at Michigan. You guys are going to get sick of the attention that they, along with the Bucks, get.

Get tired? That ship has already sailed. I GOT tired back in `97 when the media (mostly ABC/ESPN) kept shoving Charles Woodson at us, when Peyton Manning was clearly the one who deserved the Heisman that year. Based on the highlights that I had to watch each week I would have sworn that Woodson had run back about 20 punts for TDs...come to find out it was only 1. And the way they tried to screw Nebraska out of our national championship and give it to Michigan...in fact it still pisses me off that the media gave them half of it. But at least we got the big trophy and they got the little fish-hack plaque.

After watching Iowa-Michigan I am a lot more confident in Nebraskas chances. Michigans passing game is worse than ours. Why is Robinson even in the Heisman discussion?

Because he plays at Michigan. You guys are going to get sick of the attention that they, along with the Bucks, get.

Get tired? That ship has already sailed. I GOT tired back in `97 when the media (mostly ABC/ESPN) kept shoving Charles Woodson at us, when Peyton Manning was clearly the one who deserved the Heisman that year. Based on the highlights that I had to watch each week I would have sworn that Woodson had run back about 20 punts for TDs...come to find out it was only 1. And the way they tried to screw Nebraska out of our national championship and give it to Michigan...in fact it still pisses me off that the media gave them half of it. But at least we got the big trophy and they got the little fish-hack plaque.

Remember Bob Greise, every chance he got he plugged his son and Michigan. I still feel that he should not have been allowed in the booth doing color during his son's games.

Remember Bob Greise, every chance he got he plugged his son and Michigan. I still feel that he should not have been allowed in the booth doing color during his son's games.

Yes I do. And I also remember how as soon as the Rose Bowl was over that year, the ABC crew declared them the national champions. Don't forget that the Bowl Alliance was in place back then which was the forerunner to the BCS, but the Rose Bowl refused to join. So we still had to rely on the fish-hacks to vote one half of the championship. I will never forget all the fish-hacks and morons - errr- analysts, who made comments before the games (Rose and Orange bowls) that when you are number one and you win, you should stay number one. Those comments were made of course because Michigan was number one in both polls. But what they all kept forgetting to mention was that just a few games earlier in the season Nebraska was number one in both polls and won their game and they still jumped Michigan over us.

And also don't forget that Michigan got to play Washington-FREAKING-State with Ryan-FREAKING-Leaf in the Rose Bowl (which they barely won) and we had to play Tennessee with Peyton Manning (among other future NFL hall of famers) who we blew out. And by so doing we became the Bowl Alliance champions...but just like when the fish-hacks threw their little tantrum and gave USC a fake championship back in `03 even though they didn't play in the Championship Game, the same group voted Michigan a share of OUR title in `97 when Michigan didn't play in the Championship Game.

Yes, we in Nebraska are very used to the media bias for the media darlings such as USC, Miami, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Texas (I know I left some out, but you get the point).