Bo Should go.

Been a lurker long time, made an account, but don't post. This topic is making me:

This is absurd. No one would be the HC at Nebraska if we fire Bo. He can still do 10-3, or even 11-2 or 12-2! Calm down. Remember 5-7 twice within a 4 year period?

Any given saturday, any team can win, and it's the same in the SEC. You don't see call's for those HC's head when Ole Miss pulls out the fluke...

Calm down folks, it's our first year in a new conference playing new schemes week in and week out. Losing sucks, but we're not getting blown out by KU or Texas Tech.

You are high if you think that we will win out. 5-7 was because Frank left an very untalented team. That's why we had to hire a guy who didn't fit like BC in the first place. He was stupid to take the job with the expectations here and with what dumbass Peterson said at the press conference about not allowing the conference to just be OU and UT. That worked out well, didn't it SP. It was also why BC had to go to the juco ranks to get some talent on the team so we could try to be competitive.

When you change coaches it will obviously hurt recruiting, that was what was mainly behind 2007 and it's hurting Bo this year because this is the year this should be the 2007's SR year. But what was disappointing is that Bo didn't take recruiting seriously his first two years and then you throw that in with losing all of the 2007 kids, you get the product we have now.

IMO a new coach should get 6 years, but with Bo being such an a-hole, he has a shot leash and it may cause him to get fired sooner than that. If you hear about TO leaving in the next year or so, you know Bo is toast.

It is probably the beer with me as well, but with Urban Meyer out there, it would'nt hurt to contact the guy and seek his interest in the position...this one was a fireable loss. C'MON MAN!

Oh my. I'm a 40 year Husker Fan and if this is said its me who says it not you!!!!!

T_O_B

G>B>R

Didn't Tom loose like 7 bowl games strait in the 80s and with QB Tommie Frazier drop the 92 ISU game? I mean come on, some of you need to get realistic, sometimes Nebraska loses... even games it shouldn't.

Now if you want to take another spin on the coaching wheel for someone who will come to a place that will fire a coach who is a proven winner, consistently getting 9 wins a year, who has built a pretty good culture around his program and will see it pay off eventually with consistency... Well fine, but when whoever is the AD after Osborne is signing some ex-nfl reject for a multiyear high money deal titled "Callahan 2, revenge of the idiots without any perspective over-reacting". I'll laugh, to keep from crying, and stop watching football. Till that day though I'll be thankful that some of you have no actual say in such a decision.

You know how many times TO lost to a team with a losing record? ONCE.

Yes, losing bowls was frustrating. But losing THREE YEARS IN A ROW TO A TEAM WITH A LOSING RECORD, ALL THREE AT HOME is inexcusable.

Steve? Is that you?

The issue of losing to bad teams is not the point, really. I will say this. Bo is bad with the media. He is bad as an ambassador of the program. He is bad at hiring assistant coaches. He is bad at roster management in terms of redshirts. He is bad at roster management in terms of substituting. All together too many productive players end up in a coaching doghouse and are not allowed to play.

But with all that... Bo's biggest problem is a complete inability to field a team that is motivated, intense, and focused on both sides of the ball all 4 quarters.

Bo is, at best, an average coach... and this is giving him more credit --- much more credit --- than he is due. I see him as quite a bit below average. NU NEVER should have hired an inexperienced HC. Some say it is reactionary... this whole notion of Bo being an unacceptable --- but not for me. He was unacceptable upon hire as far as I was concerned and he

has never shown anything to to change that perspective. Today was just another in a long, long array of data points that show forth that NU is headed nowhere until a change is made.

And who would you hire? There isn't a soul out there who would touch NU with a ten foot pole if Bo is axed. No one of merit anyway. If you think Urban, Chris Petersen, or anyone like that would come here I would suggest you sober up.

Someone tell me why you're excusing a coach that's lost to teams with losing records 3 years in a row. Has had several letdowns. Has a defense with 2 guys who will play on Sundays, maybe more. Wins some big games, but loses to teams they should beat.

Why is it ok? Why isn't it ok for us to have bigger expectations in year 4 of a regime (bigger than losing to bad teams)?

MSU was the biggest game he has won. Maybe Mizzou last year? But every time we played a national player like OU or UT, we lost. It sucks being irreverent this millenium.

Someone tell me why you're excusing a coach that's lost to teams with losing records 3 years in a row. Has had several letdowns. Has a defense with 2 guys who will play on Sundays, maybe more. Wins some big games, but loses to teams they should beat.

Why is it ok? Why isn't it ok for us to have bigger expectations in year 4 of a regime (bigger than losing to bad teams)?

MSU was the biggest game he has won. Maybe Mizzou last year? But every time we played a national player like OU or UT, we lost. It sucks being irreverent this millenium.

2009 ring a bell?

Didn't Tom loose like 7 bowl games strait in the 80s and with QB Tommie Frazier drop the 92 ISU game? I mean come on, some of you need to get realistic, sometimes Nebraska loses... even games it shouldn't.

Now if you want to take another spin on the coaching wheel for someone who will come to a place that will fire a coach who is a proven winner, consistently getting 9 wins a year, who has built a pretty good culture around his program and will see it pay off eventually with consistency... Well fine, but when whoever is the AD after Osborne is signing some ex-nfl reject for a multiyear high money deal titled "Callahan 2, revenge of the idiots without any perspective over-reacting". I'll laugh, to keep from crying, and stop watching football. Till that day though I'll be thankful that some of you have no actual say in such a decision.

You know how many times TO lost to a team with a losing record? ONCE.

Yes, losing bowls was frustrating. But losing THREE YEARS IN A ROW TO A TEAM WITH A LOSING RECORD, ALL THREE AT HOME is inexcusable.

Steve? Is that you?

Who is Steve?

And he needs to break the cone of silence and tell us why Sanders is gone and Cotton is still here.

He was fired because he was caught in an embarrassing situation that gave them no choice. You really don't want to know. Cotton is too connected with the administration and can't be fired. Just given another made up job to where the states tax dollars go to waste.

We have a good coach , the players have to win it ..

Clock management and timeout usage were both abysmal today.

Yeah, but that doesn't change the reality that we have a damn good coach. The best coaches do completely stupid things. This will be something to learn from. Criticisms are completely fair, but Bo is a fantastic coach.

Just please don't overreact, everyone. That's the ugliest thing that can happen.

Zoogies:

It is clear that you think Bo is a good coach. Fair enough. But why?

Is he good at getting his team to play consistently focused football? Does he consistently field intense, play a million-miles-an-hour teams with heart and passion? Has the mechanics of the QB's, the receivers, etc. improved a great deal? Is he good at hiring assistant coaches? Is he good at roster management? Is he good as an ambassador of the program or with the media?

I guess I am asking what is it that he is good at? I know he does have some positive attributes --- very good defensive X's and O's... but beyond that, what makes you say he is good?

2009 ring a bell?

You mean the OU game where all of their players were hurt and they played a freshman QB and we only won by 7 points against their second and third stringers? If OU was healthy, it would have been a beat down like it was in 2008. Didn't OU lose 5 games that year too? yea that was a huge win.

We have a good coach , the players have to win it ..

Clock management and timeout usage were both abysmal today.

Yeah, but that doesn't change the reality that we have a damn good coach. The best coaches do completely stupid things. This will be something to learn from. Criticisms are completely fair, but Bo is a fantastic coach.

Just please don't overreact, everyone. That's the ugliest thing that can happen.

Zoogies:

It is clear that you think Bo is a good coach. Fair enough. But why?

Is he good at getting his team to play consistently focused football? Does he consistently field intense, play a million-miles-an-hour teams with heart and passion? Has the mechanics of the QB's, the receivers, etc. improved a great deal? Is he good at hiring assistant coaches? Is he good at roster management? Is he good as an ambassador of the program or with the media?

I guess I am asking what is it that he is good at? I know he does have some positive attributes --- very good defensive X's and O's... but beyond that, what makes you say he is good?

His first name is not Bill and his last name does not begin with a "C"