Bo Should go.

I know some here think that the anti Bo thing is based upon one loss. But if you look at those who are posting that they are unimpressed with Bo's performance, you will see that they site trends that have been ongoing season after season. No, most here, as far as I can tell, who think Bo is not the guy do so based upon not so much wins and losses, but based upon poor ability to perform in many areas over time.

What I have not heard are those attributes that Bo possesses that incline some of you to think that he is doing a good job. What, precisely, is he doing well... so well as to compensate for that which he does poorly?

USC

tOSU

Bama, about 6 times

Auburn (cam newton)

UNC tarheels

Tennessee

et al.

these teams have been pretty damn good the last 6-7 yrs. and now they are all on probation.

TRUST ME! all I care about is winning, but if we were getting wins by cheating, buying, lying, etc...I would PUKE when a gayState fan or sCUm fan, or Mizzery fan rubbed it in my face. We have won for decades without getting caught, or not cheating at all. it is important, Bo has done things the right way.

there are a lot of behind the scenes sh#t we don't see that directly affect wins that could be done 1 of 2 ways:

1. legal and upstanding

2. breaking or bending the rules, thus

we'll be in the hunt for B1G championships and BCS bowl berths EVERY yr with pelini and we won't have to have "Tressel" embarrassments.

It bugs me that all of this comes out after the loss. Bo hasn't changed. He was basically a B/B+ coach when he beat MSU 24-3 and he's a B/B+ after losing to Northwestern. He's not Callahan and he's not Osborne. Hopefully he is self-aware enough to realize some of his shortcoming and improve on them from week to week and from season to season. If he gets to an A- level we're going to be competing for championships.

That right there is the statement of the day. I honestly don't know if he is or is not capable of that.

Been a lurker long time, made an account, but don't post. This topic is making me:

This is absurd. No one would be the HC at Nebraska if we fire Bo. He can still do 10-3, or even 11-2 or 12-2! Calm down. Remember 5-7 twice within a 4 year period?

Any given saturday, any team can win, and it's the same in the SEC. You don't see call's for those HC's head when Ole Miss pulls out the fluke...

Calm down folks, it's our first year in a new conference playing new schemes week in and week out. Losing sucks, but we're not getting blown out by KU or Texas Tech.

You are high if you think that we will win out. 5-7 was because Frank left an very untalented team. That's why we had to hire a guy who didn't fit like BC in the first place. He was stupid to take the job with the expectations here and with what dumbass Peterson said at the press conference about not allowing the conference to just be OU and UT. That worked out well, didn't it SP. It was also why BC had to go to the juco ranks to get some talent on the team so we could try to be competitive.

When you change coaches it will obviously hurt recruiting, that was what was mainly behind 2007 and it's hurting Bo this year because this is the year this should be the 2007's SR year. But what was disappointing is that Bo didn't take recruiting seriously his first two years and then you throw that in with losing all of the 2007 kids, you get the product we have now.

IMO a new coach should get 6 years, but with Bo being such an a-hole, he has a shot leash and it may cause him to get fired sooner than that. If you hear about TO leaving in the next year or so, you know Bo is toast.

BS.

Clownahan took over a bowl winning 10 - 3 program and immediately ran it into the ground with losing seasons and record breaking losses. To lay that on Solich is simply stupid. If even 1% of that was true why did Clownahan have yet another monstrous losing season his "4th" year?

Bo has his downsides but losing seasons and monster blowout losses everywhere are not that. Yeah, even with today's horrible loss we're not anywhere close to 2007 bad.

true, all of this.

if we win our last 3 games we are 10-2...10 and 2.

granted we lost to an overacheiving NW team today and could be 11-2.

get a grip. we are better this yr than last yr.

Are you crazy? No way in hell are we better than last year!! This NW team wouldn't have had 200 yards of total offense with last year's defense.

BUT THIS ISN'T LAST YEARS DEFENSE. THIS ISN'T LAST YEARS CONFERENCE.

I'm not the one who said we were better this year. Talk to I am I about that.

We have a good coach , the players have to win it ..

Clock management and timeout usage were both abysmal today.

Yeah, but that doesn't change the reality that we have a damn good coach. The best coaches do completely stupid things. This will be something to learn from. Criticisms are completely fair, but Bo is a fantastic coach.

Just please don't overreact, everyone. That's the ugliest thing that can happen.

Zoogies:

It is clear that you think Bo is a good coach. Fair enough. But why?

Is he good at getting his team to play consistently focused football? Does he consistently field intense, play a million-miles-an-hour teams with heart and passion? Has the mechanics of the QB's, the receivers, etc. improved a great deal? Is he good at hiring assistant coaches? Is he good at roster management? Is he good as an ambassador of the program or with the media?

I guess I am asking what is it that he is good at? I know he does have some positive attributes --- very good defensive X's and O's... but beyond that, what makes you say he is good?

The receiving corps has been much better this year even with the youth. They helped us fight back today. Just look at Kenny Bell. And Taylor has been playing miles ahead of where he was last year. He truly is evolving into the kind of QB we need right before our eyes. Dr. Beck is the one deciding that we're somehow good at the option when we're not. It should simply be scrapped.

Bo has no excuses. I'm not a big fan if firing up the fire mobile at the first sign of trouble, but this pattern is becoming tiresome. In year four we have less defensive talent than year one. Our line is laughable. The offense seems to be trending in the right direction, but how or why the defense has gotten to this point under him is baffling. The way things are going we'll be looking at another tumultuous offseason.

Please tell me you haven't forgot that football is a cyclical process. In year one, we had Dennard was our 2nd CB. In year one, we had a guy by the name of Ndamukong Suh. In year four, Ciante Evans/Andrew Green [a sophomore and freshman] is our 2nd CB. Stafford is in his first year of play. We don't get to keep talented players we once had. Sometimes players are just flat out better. I fully expect Ciante and Green to be coached up over their next couple of years and they will be a force to be reckoned with come a couple of years.

And I could count on one hand the amount of times holding has been called against opposing teams. And I guarantee you it is less than 5 at that.

It doesn't have to be cyclical if the coaches take it serious enough. In which they didn't thier fist two years here.

It is always, ALWAYS cyclical. No matter what. It's a rule that will never be broken. Players have 4, often times 5 years to play and after that they are gone. Players have different skill sets and it takes time to learn what needs to happen on defense. A lot of players are in their first full year of playing a big time position. Those are the players being picked on [as they should be] and will learn the system with experience. But by all means, blame the coaches for the intrinsic skills of a player's and their ability to learn the defensive system. Yes, it is their fault.

You totally missed the point. If they would have recruited better when they first got here, then they wouldn't be in this postion to start freshmen.

Huh? Explain this sentence to me.

Been a lurker long time, made an account, but don't post. This topic is making me:

This is absurd. No one would be the HC at Nebraska if we fire Bo. He can still do 10-3, or even 11-2 or 12-2! Calm down. Remember 5-7 twice within a 4 year period?

Any given saturday, any team can win, and it's the same in the SEC. You don't see call's for those HC's head when Ole Miss pulls out the fluke...

Calm down folks, it's our first year in a new conference playing new schemes week in and week out. Losing sucks, but we're not getting blown out by KU or Texas Tech.

You are high if you think that we will win out. 5-7 was because Frank left an very untalented team. That's why we had to hire a guy who didn't fit like BC in the first place. He was stupid to take the job with the expectations here and with what dumbass Peterson said at the press conference about not allowing the conference to just be OU and UT. That worked out well, didn't it SP. It was also why BC had to go to the juco ranks to get some talent on the team so we could try to be competitive.

When you change coaches it will obviously hurt recruiting, that was what was mainly behind 2007 and it's hurting Bo this year because this is the year this should be the 2007's SR year. But what was disappointing is that Bo didn't take recruiting seriously his first two years and then you throw that in with losing all of the 2007 kids, you get the product we have now.

IMO a new coach should get 6 years, but with Bo being such an a-hole, he has a shot leash and it may cause him to get fired sooner than that. If you hear about TO leaving in the next year or so, you know Bo is toast.

BS.

Clownahan took over a bowl winning 10 - 3 program and immediately ran it into the ground with losing seasons and record breaking losses. To lay that on Solich is simply stupid. If even 1% of that was true why did Clownahan have yet another monstrous losing season his "4th" year?

Bo has his downsides but losing seasons and monster blowout losses everywhere are not that. Yeah, even with today's horrible loss we're not anywhere close to 2007 bad.

true, all of this.

if we win our last 3 games we are 10-2...10 and 2.

granted we lost to an overacheiving NW team today and could be 11-2.

get a grip. we are better this yr than last yr.

Are you crazy? No way in hell are we better than last year!! This NW team wouldn't have had 200 yards of total offense with last year's defense.

I'm not the one who said we were better this year. Talk to I am I about that.

That sentence is what it was directed at.

This thread is stupid

I totally agree. Many thought we would lose to MSU we won, they were ready to annoint BO as the defensive genius, this week a complete meltdown, neither side of the ball really helped the other, Taylor played well but it wasn't enough to win. I think that Northwestern just flat out outplayed us and theats all.

This thread is stupid

I totally agree. Many thought we would lose to MSU we won, they were ready to annoint BO as the defensive genius, this week a complete meltdown, neither side of the ball really helped the other, Taylor played well but it wasn't enough to win. I think that Northwestern just flat out outplayed us and theats all.

That right there is the statement of the month [i don't care if it's only 5 days old]. NW played really well. Albeit, we shot ourselves in the foot a couple of times, but nevertheless, they did what they needed to do.

Oh. My. God. One loss, against a team that has played many other teams extremely close this year, and we're saying we need to re-evaluate our coaches again.

I think some of you need to re-evaluate yourselves. Every single team in the country loses a game it shouldn't one year or the next. Osborne did it, Meyer did it, Spurrier did it, Bowden did it, Paterno did it, Stoops did it and I could keep going all day. I'm not saying Pelini is near the caliber of those coaches yet but you really need to get your mind right if you think these kinds of things don't happen to even the best of coaches. It's just embarrassing coming on here and seeing the type of comments I'm reading. Carl needs to go...Raymond needs to go...whatever.

I'm nowhere near as disappointed in this loss as I have been in others in the past. It was too little to late for us, but we can still have a successful season if we rally the troops.

Please, for the love of everything Husker football, just shut the hell up about this kind of stuff. It makes you look pathetic and I don't care if you disagree with me. There's absolutely nothing you can say that will change my opinion on this - it's pathetic to be calling for these kinds of things when there's absolutely no substantial reason to do it. Everybody was on the bandwagon last week. It's funny how one bad week really separates the true Husker fans from the fair weather ones.

• Fire 4

Been a lurker long time, made an account, but don't post. This topic is making me: This is absurd. No one would be the HC at Nebraska if we fire Bo. He can still do 10-3, or even 11-2 or 12-2! Calm down. Remember 5-7 twice within a 4 year period? Any given saturday, any team can win, and it's the same in the SEC. You don't see call's for those HC's head when Ole Miss pulls out the fluke... Calm down folks, it's our first year in a new conference playing new schemes week in and week out. Losing sucks, but we're not getting blown out by KU or Texas Tech.
You are high if you think that we will win out. 5-7 was because Frank left an very untalented team. That's why we had to hire a guy who didn't fit like BC in the first place. He was stupid to take the job with the expectations here and with what dumbass Peterson said at the press conference about not allowing the conference to just be OU and UT. That worked out well, didn't it SP. It was also why BC had to go to the juco ranks to get some talent on the team so we could try to be competitive. When you change coaches it will obviously hurt recruiting, that was what was mainly behind 2007 and it's hurting Bo this year because this is the year this should be the 2007's SR year. But what was disappointing is that Bo didn't take recruiting seriously his first two years and then you throw that in with losing all of the 2007 kids, you get the product we have now. IMO a new coach should get 6 years, but with Bo being such an a-hole, he has a shot leash and it may cause him to get fired sooner than that. If you hear about TO leaving in the next year or so, you know Bo is toast.
BS. Clownahan took over a bowl winning 10 - 3 program and immediately ran it into the ground with losing seasons and record breaking losses. To lay that on Solich is simply stupid. If even 1% of that was true why did Clownahan have yet another monstrous losing season his "4th" year? Bo has his downsides but losing seasons and monster blowout losses everywhere are not that. Yeah, even with today's horrible loss we're not anywhere close to 2007 bad.
true, all of this. if we win our last 3 games we are 10-2...10 and 2. granted we lost to an overacheiving NW team today and could be 11-2. get a grip. we are better this yr than last yr.

thank you!!!!

week 9 of last yrs team wouldn't put up 420 yds of Offense either. but this year we don't have Crick, Hagg, Gomes, Prince, etc..

we ARE better than last yr.--no doubt about it. we need to get better, but it ain't all on pelini...the players block, run, and tackle

It bugs me that all of this comes out after the loss. Bo hasn't changed. He was basically a B/B+ coach when he beat MSU 24-3 and he's a B/B+ after losing to Northwestern. He's not Callahan and he's not Osborne. Hopefully he is self-aware enough to realize some of his shortcoming and improve on them from week to week and from season to season. If he gets to an A- level we're going to be competing for championships.

That right there is the statement of the day. I honestly don't know if he is or is not capable of that.

He works for Tom Osborne. What turned Osborne into a great coach was when he made big philosophical changes in recruiting and in scheme. Maybe it will rub off. I'm not real confident it will though.

Been a lurker long time, made an account, but don't post. This topic is making me: This is absurd. No one would be the HC at Nebraska if we fire Bo. He can still do 10-3, or even 11-2 or 12-2! Calm down. Remember 5-7 twice within a 4 year period? Any given saturday, any team can win, and it's the same in the SEC. You don't see call's for those HC's head when Ole Miss pulls out the fluke... Calm down folks, it's our first year in a new conference playing new schemes week in and week out. Losing sucks, but we're not getting blown out by KU or Texas Tech.
You are high if you think that we will win out. 5-7 was because Frank left an very untalented team. That's why we had to hire a guy who didn't fit like BC in the first place. He was stupid to take the job with the expectations here and with what dumbass Peterson said at the press conference about not allowing the conference to just be OU and UT. That worked out well, didn't it SP. It was also why BC had to go to the juco ranks to get some talent on the team so we could try to be competitive. When you change coaches it will obviously hurt recruiting, that was what was mainly behind 2007 and it's hurting Bo this year because this is the year this should be the 2007's SR year. But what was disappointing is that Bo didn't take recruiting seriously his first two years and then you throw that in with losing all of the 2007 kids, you get the product we have now. IMO a new coach should get 6 years, but with Bo being such an a-hole, he has a shot leash and it may cause him to get fired sooner than that. If you hear about TO leaving in the next year or so, you know Bo is toast.
BS. Clownahan took over a bowl winning 10 - 3 program and immediately ran it into the ground with losing seasons and record breaking losses. To lay that on Solich is simply stupid. If even 1% of that was true why did Clownahan have yet another monstrous losing season his "4th" year? Bo has his downsides but losing seasons and monster blowout losses everywhere are not that. Yeah, even with today's horrible loss we're not anywhere close to 2007 bad.
true, all of this. if we win our last 3 games we are 10-2...10 and 2. granted we lost to an overacheiving NW team today and could be 11-2. get a grip. we are better this yr than last yr.

thank you!!!!

week 9 of last yrs team wouldn't put up 420 yds of Offense either. but this year we don't have Crick, Hagg, Gomes, Prince, etc..

we ARE better than last yr.--no doubt about it. we need to get better, but it ain't all on pelini...the players block, run, and tackle

That and it's completely unfair to justify that Northwestern [a team in a conference we didn't play] would've put up X amount of yards in a completely different year. You can not go around making those comparisons.