Coach Pelini is a great coach

The coach doesnt play the game , the players do . I am for Bo and will continue to support him and his staff and especially these players. We got some shady calls , seemed like NW was holding our D line all day , and we are thin up front on Defense , because of injuries. I am not going to be a fairweather fan , and I will continue to support Coach Pelini and his staff. Go Big Red !

Dont forget the Tom Osborne special is on Big 10 in around 10 minutes ..

Well said my man.

Players deserve credit for the win, coaches deserve credit for losses. I know it seems weird, but I'm a true believer in it.

That said, Pelini has my full confidence. These players love him and the other coaches love him. We made a lot of changes on defense this year, especially in the coaching realm, and that takes time to gel. We also have a very, very, very young offense. It's not easy to be successful against great teams or poor teams when you're young and inexperienced.

I'm not that disappointed in this loss. It sucks, but I saw a lot of positives from this game today. I think Martinez played like an absolute leader. Found open receivers, made good plays with his feet and was obviously trying to get something going. He doesn't want to lose anymore than we do. He's a good kid and the team is full of them. I love this team and I love the direction we're going. But we set ourselves back this year with coaching changes and the loss of some key players, especially on defense.

I remember reading one time that the fans were after Tom Osborne when he didn't play the way they wanted him to. That was the time he almost took a job with Colorado. Aren't we all glad he didn't? Then there were all the times when he couldn't win 'the big one'. I liked this quote:

"Despite so many years of winning without winning it, Osborne refuses to get caught up in what much of the country believes about his program: that Nebraska plays a weak schedule; that the Cornhuskers choke in the big game; that his record-setting tenure is lacking without a national championship; that the pursuit of a title should be some sort of quest. "People keep wanting me to say I'm heartbroken for not having won the national championship," Osborne says. "But I'm not. Would I like to win one? Sure. But heartbroken? No." There is the temptation to compare his coaching career to his passion for salt water fishing, to equate his life with that fish. Does he live and breathe to win or simply to coach? They are intertwined, of course, since no coach could survive at a place like Nebraska without winning big. But the man who doesn't rant and rave or throw temper tantrums also does not stress over things he cannot control. He loves the competition and refuses to be tormented by his perceived failures."

Bo has won at least 9 games each season he's been here. There are thousands of college football coaches who would LOVE to have that kind of record. I sometimes think that we as fans are simply living in the past. We want every team to be like the 95 team and guess what? We're not and we're probably not going to be. But we can get better. We've shown that already this year. Folks in the B1G like what we have to offer. They like our fans, they enjoy the competition we offer. We're going to be ok. The sky is not falling. The sun will rise in the morning. Time to put this game to bed and move on.

I don't think he's a great coach. But I think he's a good one. And he's what we have. I think he has a lot to learn, a lot of room to grow... and he will.

I'm disappointed in his performance today, but I don't think it is entirely his fault. I like the way he has responded to this loss.... no bullsh--t.... yes, we lost, we stunk, we move on, we get better.

There's plenty of room for improvement and I think he knows that. I'd much rather this approach than the "everything is hunky dory" approach that Callahan and Cosgrove fed us every week.

Nebraska fans are too full of themselves. The landscape of college football has changed and it is not ever going to be easy for a team like Nebraska to dominate. Get used to it. Bo is an average coach overall, but he is what we have. We are never going to attract top level coaching talent, and any top coaches we get in the future will probably not stay long. That being said...I'm guessing that Bo and company are very grateful for the fact that they even have a job at this level. And if he ever does bring NU back to dominance...he won't stick around long if he starts getting more attractive offers from major market football programs.

Nebraska fans are too full of themselves. The landscape of college football has changed and it is not ever going to be easy for a team like Nebraska to dominate. Get used to it. Bo is an average coach overall, but he is what we have. We are never going to attract top level coaching talent, and any top coaches we get in the future will probably not stay long. That being said...I'm guessing that Bo and company are very grateful for the fact that they even have a job at this level. And if he ever does bring NU back to dominance...he won't stick around long if he starts getting more attractive offers from major market football programs.

People keep saying that Bo is an 'average coach' yet every time there is a coaching opening Husker Nation gets all nervous that Bo is going to be in the top 5 pick. People were all up in the air when the whole Ohio State fiasco started brewing. Bo's name was near the top of everyone's list and on this board the hot topic was whether Bo would leave or not. Sorry, but I disagree. Bo is on the way to being a great coach. He's done things for this team and brought the moral of Husker Nation from the toilet where Callahan and Co. left us back up into prominence again. Before this game we were #10 in the nation. THAT is not something a 'mediocre' coach does.

People keep saying that Bo is an 'average coach' yet every time there is a coaching opening Husker Nation gets all nervous that Bo is going to be in the top 5 pick. People were all up in the air when the whole Ohio State fiasco started brewing. Bo's name was near the top of everyone's list and on this board the hot topic was whether Bo would leave or not. Sorry, but I disagree. Bo is on the way to being a great coach. He's done things for this team and brought the moral of Husker Nation from the toilet where Callahan and Co. left us back up into prominence again. Before this game we were #10 in the nation. THAT is not something a 'mediocre' coach does.

You've kind of proven my point. People get nervous about Bo leaving because they know how hard of a time Pederson had finding a coach that actually wanted to come to Nebraska. It is not easy to find someone to come to Nebraska considering the locale and the over inflated expectations of the spoiled fan base. That's how we ended up with Callahan. Bo was hired by Osborne based solely on the success of his defense in '03' when he worked for Solich. He was a fan favorite because of that and had overwhelming support from the fans. He was in essence...'over-rated' and over-hyped' as a possible head coach. I don't think he is a bad coach...he is just not as good as most give him credit for. He lacks experience. Can he get better? Of course he can. But if and when he does...I'm guessing that when the opportunity comes along...he will leave. The one thing I think that works in our favor right now (and the reason I don't think Bo could go anywhere else yet)...is Bo's clumsiness and total ineptness when it comes to dealing with the press. He brings on the scrutiny that he hates...himself...by his reactions and it's really kind of a p.r. embarrassment that causes more scrutiny. The press here is mild compared to some of the larger markets yet he can barely handle our press. His head would literally explode in a place like Florida or Penn State or even LSU. And I'm guessing that he knows that. The only thing that will change the press is winning championships...and until he starts doing that...he ain't goin nowhere Huskerland. So; for better or worse...Bo is ours until he starts winning or until he gets fired.

The coach doesnt play the game , the players do . I am for Bo and will continue to support him and his staff and especially these players. We got some shady calls , seemed like NW was holding our D line all day , and we are thin up front on Defense , because of injuries. I am not going to be a fairweather fan , and I will continue to support Coach Pelini and his staff. Go Big Red !

Dont forget the Tom Osborne special is on Big 10 in around 10 minutes ..

You're NUTS.

Bo's teams consistently lose to inferior teams!. Bo's teams consistently play flat at HOME. Bo's teams lose to unranked crappy teams. I'm embarrassed that we were NW's 2nd conf. win. Yikes.

I also think he's a good coach. He's done some remarkable things in turning the program around, and coaching some of the best defensive squads we've ever had. Obviously, there are some recurring issues that HAVE to be sorted out at some point, preferably sooner than later.

And we don't consistently lose to inferior teams. We beat the majority of them. The only thing that is consistent is the 1 obligatory loss to a sh**ty team every year.