Taylor stepping into his throws

Some looked better, some looked awful--one pass had me crying with laughter because of how contorted TMart was. I couldn't believe that he kept his feet afterwards.

But whatever, he had a pretty decent game and as soft as NFW was playing, I expected even more passes. Get the ball in the WRs hands and they can make people miss, and with 8 in the box NFW was ripe for the plucking. Too bad it didn't work out that way--Bell's drops and the two fumbles really killed momentum in the first half. Martinez' inaccuracy and lack of touch doesn't help, but in the end I'd prefer him to be more elusive when running. He ran pretty strong yesterday which was a nice change.

I can be corrected if I'm wrong, but doesn't Northwestern have a terrible pass defense?

I'm not using this to slight Martinez, but rather support him. If they're bad, they should be exploited as such, and Martinez did that. Personally, I found Martinez to be the most steady part of the offense yesterday. What with dropped balls, poor offensively line play and virtually no running game, he played very well against a team he should have been playing well against.

I can be corrected if I'm wrong, but doesn't Northwestern have a terrible pass defense?

I'm not using this to slight Martinez, but rather support him. If they're bad, they should be exploited as such, and Martinez did that. Personally, I found Martinez to be the most steady part of the offense yesterday. What with dropped balls, poor offensively line play and virtually no running game, he played very well against a team he should have been playing well against.

Going into the game NW was 78th against the pass and 95th against the run. The Huskers should have been able to exploit both.