I remember vividly the zone read where Martinez should have handed Rex the ball but carried it. It was either third and short or fourth and short, I can't remember. Rex would have easily gotten the first down where Martinez keeping it lost yards. However, you can't tell me that Frazier; Crouch; or Frost never made a wrong read running the option where they should have pitched it instead of carrying it or vice versa. I firmly believe Martinez would be held in the same regard as Frazier, Crouch, and Frost if he had a similar OL blocking for him. Our offense's biggest problem is the OL or lack there of.

I agree with you one. So what if Taylor made a bad read or two, everyone does. He is a sophomore, that is a mistake even seniors make. I can't wait to see what Taylor accomplishes in his career, I think he is going to do great things.

I'm wondering too that when he makes mistakes on the option it's simply because he continues to learn how to run the option. Coming from California, aren't their high schools playing more of a spread offense? The option takes time to learn. Our boys know it because they play it in high school.

Question: In practice during the season are the coaches still judging the players? I'm assuming that they do. Perhaps Brion isn't showing them what they want to see or is not consistent in what they want to see? That's purely speculation on my part but I get the feeling that the young kids are not playing because they're simply not there yet. However, I think it's a shame that we haven't played well enough this season to give them the chance.

I remember vividly the zone read where Martinez should have handed Rex the ball but carried it. It was either third and short or fourth and short, I can't remember. Rex would have easily gotten the first down where Martinez keeping it lost yards. However, you can't tell me that Frazier; Crouch; or Frost never made a wrong read running the option where they should have pitched it instead of carrying it or vice versa. I firmly believe Martinez would be held in the same regard as Frazier, Crouch, and Frost if he had a similar OL blocking for him. Our offense's biggest problem is the OL or lack there of.

I agree with you one. So what if Taylor made a bad read or two, everyone does. He is a sophomore, that is a mistake even seniors make. I can't wait to see what Taylor accomplishes in his career, I think he is going to do great things.

I'm wondering too that when he makes mistakes on the option it's simply because he continues to learn how to run the option. Coming from California, aren't their high schools playing more of a spread offense? The option takes time to learn. Our boys know it because they play it in high school.

Question: In practice during the season are the coaches still judging the players? I'm assuming that they do. Perhaps Brion isn't showing them what they want to see or is not consistent in what they want to see? That's purely speculation on my part but I get the feeling that the young kids are not playing because they're simply not there yet. However, I think it's a shame that we haven't played well enough this season to give them the chance.

I have heard that Brion is having a tough time grasping the offense. Don't know if that is the truth, but that is what I heard.

I have heard that Brion is having a tough time grasping the offense. Don't know if that is the truth, but that is what I heard.

Brion, Bo, and Beck have all said that, in so many words. So, either it's a massive conspiracy, or it's the truth.

HuskerBCS just further demonstrates to me that people here use their personal bias in evaluating players. Just because you don't LIKE Taylor Martinez doesn't mean he's not a good QB, and that he can't deliver a chamionship

"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views."