Should the Huskers boycott the game?

Badgerfan, you can be fair for the both of us. I have no fairness in my heart right now. None whatsoever, actually.

i am trying to imagine myself as a student there, and all i can come up with is being extremely depressed and lethargic. just fed up and cheated that the people who you trust, who are supposed to be grown-ups could do this. i would not have it in me to rally for any coach or person.

Badgerfan, you can be fair for the both of us. I have no fairness in my heart right now. None whatsoever, actually.

Sorry if I'm pushing buttons or something...just my approach to things.

I don't want it to seem like I'm condoning Sandusky's actions or advocating for JoePa...just calling for some perspective.

i am trying to imagine myself as a student there, and all i can come up with is being extremely depressed and lethargic. just fed up and cheated that the people who you trust, who are supposed to be grown-ups could do this. i would not have it in me to rally for any coach or person.

Yea me too and that's the kind of people we are but remember how big Penn State is, its a huge school, one of the nation's largest and their alumni base is even larger. If even 1% of that group is of the hot blooded hard headed type... bam you've got yourself crowds of thousands...they're not bad people for being out there, they're not child molesters or supporters of such acts... they're just passionate, misguided and probably super inebriated fans...

Yea me too and that's the kind of people we are but remember how big Penn State is, its a huge school, one of the nation's largest and their alumni base is even larger. If even 1% of that group is of the hot blooded hard headed type... bam you've got yourself crowds of thousands...they're not bad people for being out there, they're not child molesters or supporters of such acts... they're just passionate, misguided and probably super inebriated fans...

i agree. as fans, they are thinking this is when pride is most important. are you going to fold when the times are tough or stand tall for what you love, but unfortunately what you love acquiesced in some unforgivable acts.

edit: i never understood the support of joe pa before this, and i certainly do not now. but he was just a figurehead there only for the selfish purpose of racking up wins off of the sweat of everyone else. they loved him as if everyone else was jealous they did not have their own 80 year old coach. weird.

Should the Huskers boycott the game?

Well. let's look what it will accomplish: It won't do anything to help the victims, and it won't do anything to bring justice to the guilty, whoever they are.

So boycotting the game would be largely symbolic. Symbolism is doing something useless that accomplishes nothing but lets the participants feel good about themselves as if they had done something useful. Wearing t-shirts, ribbons, showing up and standing around are good examples.

So should we do something symbolic? You decide how much you can feel good about yourself while really doing nothing of consequence...

Just when you think you've heard it all regarding this scandal now PSU has to deal with the folks from Westboro-incredible!

http://www.lostlette...to-protest-psu/

haha - i'm not sure they've protested a college football game before. especially not one in the big 10. this could get interesting. a funeral, a concert...all fairly subdued environments. PSU, after the scandal and a lot of alcohol. Thank God this is an 11:00 game, or else these protesters might have found themselves in a very bad place. they still could.

Personally, I would not attend the game in Husker regalia, but I would attend if I had planned to be there. I think there's a strong possibility that it will be cancelled or that the team will boycott the game in support of Paterno. I can see that happening as a possibility. I'll be tuned in on Saturday, though, if the game comes off, to see the Huskers wipe up the field with that overrated team.

Just when you think you've heard it all regarding this scandal now PSU has to deal with the folks from Westboro-incredible!

http://www.lostlette...to-protest-psu/

Suddenly, I fully support Penn State University...

No matter what their cause may be, I could never show one iota of support for the Westboro Baptist Cult.

How did they even find Pennsylvania. Good luck finding the stadium.

Let's try this: If your neighbors are generally decent people, but one member of the household was caught raping a child, and was subsequently put in prison, would you hold it against the remaining members of the household?

Did the other members of the household know of the child rape and actively conceal the crime which resulted in rapes of more children?

If so, I'm not going to that supper, Hammerhead.

(quoted from previous thread)

NU boycotting the game would be insulting and would make NU look like a piece of sh#t program that doesn't belong in the Big 10 or anywhere else. 99.99999% of PSU had nothing to do with this. And the game is about the current players in the end, and as far as I'm aware, they had nothing to do with this either.

Now, if fans don't want to attend, that's a person choice.

Let's try this: If your neighbors are generally decent people, but one member of the household was caught raping a child, and was subsequently put in prison, would you hold it against the remaining members of the household?

Did the other members of the household know of the child rape and actively conceal the crime which resulted in rapes of more children?

Another bad analogy though - unless you're neighbors house can hold 100,000 family members.

How about - if a Catholic priest molested small children - would you continue to attend Catholic church?

• Fire 1

That's the part where the analogy gets a little hazy. It seems that there were very few people from the university involved at all, let alone people who actively tried to cover up what Sandusky did. It seems as though anyone involved is either terminated already or on their way out.

I still see the concept of boycotting the game as punishing an innocent majority to avoid projecting an image of supporting a minority.

Another bad analogy though - unless you're neighbors house can hold 100,000 family members.

How about - if a Catholic priest molested small children - would you continue to attend Catholic church?

Well put... that analogy is far more accurate.