Keystone Pipeline

LOL

Yeah, only if you fit in with the good ole boy network. even millions dont mean sh#t in this political, moldymoney, cashtown if you dont roll with and bow down to the right people.

Why would anyone want to hang out with them? I'd have a shooting range, a professional style kitchen, a nano brewery, and I'd take vacations.

Haha.

LOL Yeah, only if you fit in with the good ole boy network. even millions dont mean sh#t in this political, moldymoney, cashtown if you dont roll with and bow down to the right people.

Why would anyone want to hang out with them? I'd have a shooting range, a professional style kitchen, a nano brewery, and I'd take vacations.Haha.
you dont live here do you? Lol

LOL Yeah, only if you fit in with the good ole boy network. even millions dont mean sh#t in this political, moldymoney, cashtown if you dont roll with and bow down to the right people.

Why would anyone want to hang out with them? I'd have a shooting range, a professional style kitchen, a nano brewery, and I'd take vacations.Haha.

You could probably employ many there to embark on The Most Dangerous Game as well.

i really wish i knew what you were talking about.

i really wish i knew what you were talking about.

This town is small. About 25000. But there's a lot of locally-owned industry here believe it or not. A lot of big old money. Now, this is a perception, of which I happen to buy into. Theres a few big money families and such that pretty much run things. They keep big business out, keep wages down and so on and so on. I know. I know. It's probably something that goes on a lot of places and its probably a lot of my bitterness and paranoia leadin into it. But they keep the town small so that its something they can manage. Look at the growth of Grand Island, Kearney, and Hastings over the past 20 years, in area, population, and business. hastings has pretty much remained the same while the other two have exploded. It's the jabroni system as many like to call it.

I dont know. Im having a hard time putting it into words. I know what i'm trying to say. This damn town is so far behind the 8 ball its sad. And if a new business tries to come in and "go against the grain" so to speak, well, it's just not allowed. And no one locally tries to go against it cuz, well, why should they?

We had large co want to build a plant at our old walmart building few years back. Vbelts I believe. They approached the city on buying the property and what they wanted to do, but basically, they were shut down when they explained what they pay nationwide and the plans to do the same here.

People keep saying it'll change as the old folks start dying off, but I dont believe. Lot's of days i wish I didnt leave here. I work for a co here in town that's been areound for 60 years. My wife started at a corprate mfg plant in nov of 2011. at that time she made 3 1/2 bucks less an hour. She is now on the brink of another tenure upgrade type of deal that'll put her at 3+ dollars MORE per hour. As she gets 3% raises every year. In that time, I have not received a raise.

And while I understand everyone makes the bed they sleep in, and my salary really isnt all that bad, it still doesnt mean it shouldnt be better. You wanna talk wealth redistribution and holding down the middle class and so on, well I guarantee you, this town is the epitimy of everything wrong with our country and our economy.

And lastly I'll add that my views 5 years ago even, were almost a polar opposite. I used to be of very conservative state of mind. But it's changed 180 degrees as ive grown older and wiser and started thinking for myself. If I could leave, I would in a heartbeat.

• Fire 2

interesting insight, count. thank you.

hey. I had to hit the post and take care of something.

I wanna add, and ive mentioned this in this thread earlier for a whole different reason, but my dad owns a business in this town. I can have these feelings, cuz I know them to be pretty damn true. That ole sayin, know who butters your bread? yeah, well, this town is just small enough that there's no choice.

I'm not asking this to be a smart ass or trying to say you're doing something wrong. Just curious.

Why don't you move?

Well see, that's the conflicting part. I'd like to, but it's just not possible right now. Not to mention, ALL my family is here. Me and my wife's both. There are some factors that play into me "putting up" with it. So yeah, that's a good question. Ive also tried to change jobs to one of the few big businesses here, but it just hasnt happened. But it's just hard when you see an owner go from one 40K vehicle to another, and do it twice in a time frame in which you havent seen a raise, and you put in 9 1/2 hours a day on salary, well, it gets you thinking as time goes by.

This was a meaningless rant. I've probably spilles some things and feelings I shouldntve. But carlfense brought up Hastings. To me at the time is was rather random. obviously he's since made light as to why, but I decided to express my feelings.

Ernie Chambers introduced a bill to revoke the eminent domain powers from Trans Canada. It is more than a little interesting that Ernie Chambers is going to bat for what should be a conservative stance. Just image the GOP outrage if someone wanted to turn people's land into a wildlife preserve and use eminent domain to do so.

http://boldnebraska.org/state-sen-ernie-chambers-introduces-bill-to-repeal-eminent-domain-power-of-transcanada/

• Fire 1