Today is the last big game Penn State might ever play . . .

Our game with Penn State today very well may be the last big game that Penn State will ever play. They are already losing recruits. I see the dam breaking and recruits (and current players) fleeing the school. As for a new coach, I cannot fathom anybody of note taking over this program. I think that Penn State may turn into SMU after the death penalty. No parent will ever want to send their kid to Penn State save for a few diehard in-state recruits. Sad, but quite possibly true. I'm not making judgments on anybody, just suggesting that this may be the end of Penn State football as it has been known.

They are toast. I actually expect them to drop from D1. Might take a few years but the school is about to take a major financial hit and they wont have a choice. This isnt just about their football program, students of all kinds will be fleeing at the end of semester. I dont blame them.. after this, who wants a PSU degree hanging on their wall? Its shameful, I wouldnt want any association with the school whatsoever, I feel for the alumni.

As far as Husker football goes, it wont affect it much or the Big 10, I hope. We just lost a great opponent, but theres still Wisconsin, Michigan St., Iowa, Michigan on the rise, OHST once they get their act together which Im confident they will. It kills the volleyball program, though. #1 spot has been passed between PSU and Nebraska forever.

It takes decades to build a tradition, only one disastrous week to tear it all down.

Ouch, I don't see any of that happening but if it did it would wreck the Big 10. We need PSU to recover and cleanse itself for the sake of our conference... and its still a good school academically. This in no way taints that reputation.

Okay, "forever" may be harsh, but I could see them fall off the map for a decade or two. For the next few years, their team will be weaker and lose more. Mix together a losing team and this reputation, and nobody will want to go there. I could be wrong, but I could be right.

If this circumstance was happening to almost any other school, I would tend to agree. (Can you even imagine if this was Nebraska ??............my gosh, the media would immediately connect this to hick/ flyover/ inbreds/etc.). But the fact is that Penn St is the school of choice for rooting purposes for a large segment of the east coast (who normally follow only pro sports), and I think that factors into keeping them relevant.

Just my two cents..............

It really depends on how deep the investigation goes and what it uncovers. If there are several levels of guilt and big names are associated I can see the worst happening to the university. What coach would want to take over a program on the wane with all the liabilities involved? I doubt many students would feel good with a degree from PSU if the corruption is widespread. I fear there are sad days ahead for them and it will taint the Big 10 whether we like it or not.

A lot depends on how much more there is, like if the rumors of pimping out the kids is true and how deep the coverup went. If it's really just Sandusky and a few who turned a blind eye and stayed mum, they sweep them out and start anew. But if it runs deeper, they are going to lose boosters, won't get a big name coach in, lose recruits (already losing some), etc. I don't know why the NCAA would get involved, but if they do, that's a lot more trouble.

They've got the stadium and the fans (now), but that doesn't mean it'll last forever. Rice built a state of the art stadium in the 50s, and now the block off large sections of it because the football program is a ghost of what it was. State College is a difficult place to get to. Paterno built that program but it could fall apart without him in light of the scandal. There's really no reason for recruits to go there other than the Pennsylvania talent staying close to home, and they can go to Pitt, Rutgers, WV, Ohio State, Syracuse, etc if they want to stay in the area.

Our game with Penn State today very well may be the last big game that Penn State will ever play. They are already losing recruits. I see the dam breaking and recruits (and current players) fleeing the school. As for a new coach, I cannot fathom anybody of note taking over this program. I think that Penn State may turn into SMU after the death penalty. No parent will ever want to send their kid to Penn State save for a few diehard in-state recruits. Sad, but quite possibly true. I'm not making judgments on anybody, just suggesting that this may be the end of Penn State football as it has been known.

Wow... drama!