Getting Into Memorial Stadium

Thanksgiving weekend i will be driving my family to see my moms new house in Casper, Wyoming. I will be driving from West Des Moines, Iowa. I would love to show my wife and kids the stadium since its kind of on the way, i will make it on the way. My question is i have only been there once so is there an easy place to park and can i get access onto the field. I know its a big game weekend so it might be hard to get in there, but i will be there the wednesday before the game. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Thanks

Ben

They won't let you on the field. They've restricted access for years. But you can get into the stadium and look out over the field. Go to Gate 24, in the Southeast corner of the stadium. From there you can get into the handicapped seats immediately to the SE of the field.

I would suggest parking on Stadium Drive (used to be 10th street, on the west side of the stadium). From there you can easily walk around the stadium, take pictures, get into the overlook area, etc.

You HAVE TO go to the North side of the stadium and enter the lobby next to the weight room. You'll see the Tom Osborne/Brook Berringer statue outside, and inside you can see the National Championship trophies, and the Heisman trophies.

• 6 months later...

You can get on the field. I do it all the time. I'm just saying they don't allow it, so your best bet is to do the self-guided tour.

Where is the best place, to (GET) on the field. What time does the place open up, trophy rooms and what not.

+1 to this question. I am going to going thru Lincoln this Fri and would like to stop and take a tour myself. Do you know if there is a certain phone number that I could call to get all the info. Coming from OKC and going to Omaha.

Stadium Tours can be arranged by calling Karen Cook at (402) 472-3333.

I don't know to what extent they'll give you a tour. It doesn't hurt to call. Currently the "self-guided tour" stop where you used to be able to go into Memorial Stadium is closed due to construction. You can get into the front lobby in North Stadium during business hours every weekday, where you can see the National Championship trophies, as well as many trophies from our bowl games, individual honors, etc. You can also watch the Heisman Experience video, during which the three Heisman Trophies pop out of the wall (it's kinda neat).

They won't let you on the field. They've restricted access for years. But you can get into the stadium and look out over the field. Go to Gate 24, in the Southeast corner of the stadium. From there you can get into the handicapped seats immediately to the SE of the field.

I would suggest parking on Stadium Drive (used to be 10th street, on the west side of the stadium). From there you can easily walk around the stadium, take pictures, get into the overlook area, etc.

You HAVE TO go to the North side of the stadium and enter the lobby next to the weight room. You'll see the Tom Osborne/Brook Berringer statue outside, and inside you can see the National Championship trophies, and the Heisman trophies.

That sucks... Back when baseball was still played at the Buck, my brother and I were leaving a game with my (at the time) young Nephew. We walked past some gate and I said lets go inside. My brother couldn't believe we could just walk onto the field. It is an amazing view from the turf. My nephew thought it wold be cool to catch a touch down pass, since we didn't have a football I took off my shoe, and my brother tossed him a pass. My Nephew doesn't remember it, but my brother still thinks its one of the most amazing things.

That sucks... Back when baseball was still played at the Buck, my brother and I were leaving a game with my (at the time) young Nephew. We walked past some gate and I said lets go inside. My brother couldn't believe we could just walk onto the field. It is an amazing view from the turf. My nephew thought it wold be cool to catch a touch down pass, since we didn't have a football I took off my shoe, and my brother tossed him a pass. My Nephew doesn't remember it, but my brother still thinks its one of the most amazing things.

My dad and his brother got to meet Coach Osbourne and played catch on the field and talked to some of the players he said it was the coolest thing he has ever seen. I would kill to see that..

Been on that field several times. It's unreal looking up into all the stands - things look a lot smaller from there than they do on the TV screen; I can't imagine how loud it gets for the Blackshirts on a big 3rd down (could be louder, I'm sure). My brother and I had a FG kicking contest and he beat me by squeaking a 30-yarder over the crossbar. The FieldTurf is really weird, but I can see why they like it - the Hawks is also very cool - identical turf and FGs hanging from the ceiling.