What do we need to change before the next game?

ladyhawke

How do you work on catching the ball? It seemed like our guys had such a difficult time catching and holding on to the ball. How do the coaches work on this with these players?

How do we get our front D guys to break through? There was very little pressure on PSU's qb. (Although I thought PSU was holding our guys often throughout the game and the refs didn't call it.)

How can we get other players in? Just to try them out. When our D gets tired, are there others that can come in and play while the starters take a rest? Same on offense. We have all this talent, I'm puzzled as to why we aren't using it if only to give our starters a breather.

Michigan likes to blitz so we will need some plays to combat blitzes,(jailbreaks, screens etc) and I think we will see more big plays next week. On defense I would Love to see more pressure on the QB, but on Robinson that is very dangerous too. I think we will see a few different wrinkles but for the most part we will see what we have been seeing against a very dangerous offense and an improving defense.

I also Hope Rome is closer to 100% and that Cotton's injury is not as serious as it appeared. I think we should have a lot of confidence after today's game, and the atmosphere certainly won't be any more daunting than what we saw today.

We are obviously going to have to improve our blocking due to the blitzing that Michigan is going to do. We also need to improve our D-line pressure and tackling before next week. Rex is going to have to be ready to pick up blitzes on the plays that Taylor is going to pass. Good thing is Taylor moves around fairly well so he can help Rex out with the blocking by moving some. I think the catching issues we've been having are a fluke for the other guys, but for Kinnie..................I don't think so unfortunately. Time to open every page on the playbook and pull out all the stops, we're gonna need it!

How do you work on catching the ball? It seemed like our guys had such a difficult time catching and holding on to the ball. How do the coaches work on this with these players?

How do we get our front D guys to break through? There was very little pressure on PSU's qb. (Although I thought PSU was holding our guys often throughout the game and the refs didn't call it.)

How can we get other players in? Just to try them out. When our D gets tired, are there others that can come in and play while the starters take a rest? Same on offense. We have all this talent, I'm puzzled as to why we aren't using it if only to give our starters a breather.

Alot of this has to do with depleted depth on the D Line with injuries. I don't understand what the issues are with the DB's (Dennard excluded he's pretty relieable) There is speed and talent (Some will disagree) I know that against Michigan State they played a hell of a game, how do they regress? Let's get prepping for Michigan, this could be a nightmare for our defense playing like they are and everyone feels it whether they want to admit it or not. Hopefully the gameplan will put the D in a good position to succeed.

I think this is going to be a close game. I like to snoop around on other teams message boards just to get a feel for what they think their teams strengths and weaknesses are. On one of the Wolverine boards a fan said that Michigan and Nebraska are mirrored images of each other. They also said that both have good defenses but not great ones. I'm thinking that if we play Michigan the way we played Michigan State-shut down Dennard Robinson, then we could win this game. I just hope that Northwestern puts the hurt on Michigan State. Man! I would really love to see us win out, have Michigan State lose to NWestern and Nebraska play Wisconsin in the first B1G championship game with us the victors! How cool would it be to win the B1G championship game our first year out! GO BIG RED!!!

I thought those gloves were suppose to help them. Good grief! Does anyone else remember, back in the day, how they used to teach the boys how to catch and hold on to the ball? There was some machine or technique that they used again, and again that helped these guys learn how to catch and hold on to the ball. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?