Coach Brown.........

Comish

That prayer circle before the game was the highlight of the afternoon as far as I am concerned. I can't remember when I've been more proud of the University of Nebraska. Ron Brown is a great asset to our program -- he was in the right place at the right time.

I was also very encouraged with Bo Pellini's post game interview. Bo's comments about priorities and coaches being part of the education system was spot on. I suspect that Nebraska was the best team in the whole country to arrive at Penn State after that week of scandal. I couldn't be more proud.

Damn straight. Ron Brown is an invaluable asset to NU. Period.

yes, thank goodness Stanford didn't hire him...because they have totally sucked since then and we have been...

wait...

never mind.

Ah………..perhaps an ill-fated and unsuccessful attempt at cleverness fails to distinguish between Ron Brown - the coach…… and Ron Brown - the man………..??

Anything even slightly clever on a Husker forum board goes over too many fans heads, Comish...so I try to avoid being too witty.

It was merely an attempt to point out the bloody obvious...that the school that decided not to hire coach Brown (justified or not) has been more relevant on the national scene that we have been since that time.

I hope that wasn't too clever.

Anything even slightly clever on a Husker forum board goes over too many fans heads, Comish...so I try to avoid being too witty.

It was merely an attempt to point out the bloody obvious...that the school that decided not to hire coach Brown (justified or not) has been more relevant on the national scene that we have been since that time.

Fair enough......................I agree we can all use more wit and satire and cleverness...........................

I was responding to the implication that Coach Brown was defined more by football success than by the impact he has had on young men.............

I think coach Brown is great for our team. From all accounts, players have never complained about his religious beliefs. He's respectful of others beliefs as he states his.

On a side note, I think it's crazy how so many schools and such are trying to ban coach Brown from coming into their schools and motivating kids to make the right choices in life. However, they applaud and have tears in their eyes when he leads a prayer in the middle of the field during one of the toughest times in sports. Amazing out it's not a big deal what his religious beliefs are in the midst of tragedy....but when speaking to kids at a school it's a HUGE deal. He's a stand up guy, no matter what his religious beliefs are. As a man, he's a leader, motivator, and teacher of being a good person in your life. If we had a million kids grow up to be like him, the world would be a better place........but we can't see past religion. Sad.

• Fire 2

Think quite a bit about yourself now don't ya!! You know the old saying self praise stinks. Nice ego to think you can speak above so many, not a good quality by the way!! :nutz

Yes, clearly your black belt in sarcasm-fu is of a higher degree than ours.

A simple instance of you being not half as clever as you think you are? Naaaaaaaaah. Couldn't be!

Comish..thank you for stand up mature response back, even if we happen to not agree on Brown and his religious beliefs.

Unfortunately, it's the two responses after yours that give what I said validity.

For the record having strong religious beliefs..Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or otherwise.. does not necessarily make you a better coach or a better person. I have known really decent caring "good" religious people in my life, and I have known many atheists and agnostics with more Christ like values than many self proclaimed Christians.

Last week Joe Pa was a saint.

An upstanding coach is an upstanding coach. His/her religious beliefs are a side issue.

For the record having strong religious beliefs..Christian, Jewish, Muslim, or otherwise.. does not necessarily make you a better coach or a better person. I have known really decent caring "good" religious people in my life, and I have known many atheists and agnostics with more Christ like values than many self proclaimed Christians.

Last week Joe Pa was a saint.

An upstanding coach is an upstanding coach. His/her religious beliefs are a side issue.

Joe Paterno was never a saint.

I do believe that it was meant to be that it was Nebraska who played at Penn State this week. This was supposed to be Ron Brown's moment and he handled it with class and grace. Bo also handled everything with glass and grace.

Amazing that something so ugly brought out the good in so many people.

Oh I agree he wasn't, Rocketsocks. I was speaking on behalf of thousands of PSU and college football fans that saw him as one. Hell..there are still those out there now that would defend him as a saint and crucify anyone saying otherwise.

I was trying to make a point with him and the topic at hand.

the trick with my posts is not to read everything in them too literally. ;)