Paterno's name removed from Big Ten Championship Trophy

knapplc

For the love of god, do not put Woody Hayes name on the trophy. He may have been a damn good coach, but he had no control and was fired in shame over punching an opposing game in a player.

After seeing that someone didn't know about the funny shaped PSU field in the 1982 game, there are probably those of you who don't know about Woody's last game. Here it is:

The previous year he punched a camera man (see 5:00 into this clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVx0s8JdE7c

These weren't isolated incidents.

Woody should have been fired.

But let me give you some perspective

The clip is funny but Woody was a diabetic and if you have ever spent time with a older man who is diabetic you know how it is.

I blame Woody for losing his cool but I also blame the people around him who could see it coming from a mile away and they did nothing.

The good that Woody did was WAY better than a few bad decisions.

Type One Diabetes runs in my family, literally everyone on my mothers side developed it at an early age. There might be some irritability when blood glucose levels dip but no one has ever been punched...ever...I don't buy it. Weak weak excuse.

Woody was a hot head with a violent streak. That said still a good coach. Nothing to really argue about or make an excuse for.

I think they kind of got carried away with putting names on all the trophies. Why can't it just be the Big Ten championship trophy? Did the last one have a name on it?

It just feels weird having all these hyphenated names on everything to go along with the goofy division names (which aren't growing on me).

Exactly. It's like nascar.

For the love of god, do not put Woody Hayes name on the trophy. He may have been a damn good coach, but he had no control and was fired in shame over punching an opposing game in a player.

After seeing that someone didn't know about the funny shaped PSU field in the 1982 game, there are probably those of you who don't know about Woody's last game.

I don't know why but the bold part just makes your sentence awesome!

After seeing that someone didn't know about the funny shaped PSU field in the 1982 game, there are probably those of you who don't know about Woody's last game.

I don't know why but the bold part just makes your sentence awesome!

He must have been related to Chuck Norris, to hit the game right out of someone is pretty impressive.