This Season Seems Hollow . . .

Face the facts...the season is hollow because there is no Texas or K-State or other traditional opponents to hate this year. After over a hundred years of facing off against a Missouri or Kansas and after a hundred years of built up animosity between fan bases from real or perceived slights these games weren't just games...they were vindications that Nebraska was Nebraska and all was well with the world after stomping an Iowa State or Texas Tech.

This years? Oh yah! We beat Minnesota! Good...cuz we sure do hate those Gophers! That'll teach em for disrespecting us back in...uh...well...that'll teach em anyway! Why we'll show those dang Hoosiers! We need to teach them a lesson after they...uh...well...I guess they haven't really ever done anything to us but we'll teach em anyway!

Really...who cares? Do you really want to be playing in a Big 10 championship game against Penn State or would you REALLY like to be playing Oklahoma in the Big 12? And are the fans really that excited about playing Northwestern...or Illinois...or Purdue EVER? Tell the truth...how many of you still check out the standings and results from the Big 12 games and really wish you had a chance to blast K-State or OSU again?

But...such is life. The powers that be picked money over tradition so you got what you got and all the baggage that comes with it while the Big 12 has what is has including the entry of some really top-flite football schools. Hopefully the Huskers can keep the sell-out record intact after most of the blue-hairs move on to the nursing homes but I have a feeling interest just won't be the same in the Big 10 and that, too, shall come to an end.

I think you're a decade and a half off with this post, once OU decided they had become our yearly doormat and decided to end our Traditional series that determined more National Championships than any other rivalry over the last 40 years...........that hollow feeling has hung around for a LONG time. No one gets up for OU lite since Barry Sanders. Sure Bill Snyder punked Solich but the yearly KSU game meaning much to anyone North of Pawnee City or Wymore Nebraska is ridiculous. Colorado was pretty much it for the Huskers and I would trade them for Michigan, PSU, tOSU and even lowly Iowa which is basically a wash. The Hollow feeling is watching boring games, getting beat by Northwestern due to horrible coaching, getting smoked by Wisconsin.....sigh....and having your destiny decided by MSU????

It's year 4 in the Pelini era and we have terrible coaching including obvious recruiting flaws, game management ( timeouts used up by defense, end of Northwestern game???) Not getting Backups in in garbage time, no depth or lack of playing certain people due to vendettas, buddy hires gone wrong (also known as Cosgrovean Cottonism) and playing like crap over the last 2 years against arguably the easiest schedules in YEARS. When Wisconsin and MSU are the biggest games of the year you know you have a NC schedule on your hands. We tried as hard as we could to let a dysfunctional PSU beat us, a decent team would have hung a half a hundred on them last week and emptied the bench after the turmoil they went through. We canned Callahan after 4 years, our 3 million dollar man better step up to the plate SOON. Remember that Callahan was playing KU,Missou, Leached TT's teams that were battling for BCS bowls not to mention strong Texas/Sooners/USC teams. At least we saw talent being recruited

Horrible coaching??

9-10-10 wins a season is a country mile away from "horrible coaching". We're at 8 - 2 now......I don't see anything even remotely close to Clownahan results from our coaches. I don't even want to know what you're smoking that makes you think Bo & Clownahan are in the same boat.

Also, let's not forget Bo took over a NU program that won "5" games it's last year and was 10,000 galaxies away from Devaney's 72 Huskers. TO took over a brand new Maserati & Bo a used Pinto. TO got time to win big and so will Bo.

GBR!!

Its not those easy 9-10-10 wins against terrible opponents that make him a horrible coach, its the losses against terrible opponents. You seem to base coaching on win percentages only, I look at the losses, quality of recruiting, game management, strength training and respectability of the program. 9-10 wins with our schedules is a no brainer, we have had that many gimmes each of Pelinis years. You don't see anything remotely close to Callahan in Pelini and thats fair, I don't either. Callahan played the likes of a cheating USC coming off multiple National Championships, KUs going to BCS bowls, a booger eater Missou, lets just say the "5 win" Big XII North was 10,000 galaxies ahead of last years Big XII north where we struggled into OT with Iowa State. The Texas debacle of last year mixed with the Barely Bowl eligible Washington, this years -.500 Northwestern, the Iowa States and struggling with Div II patsies looks exactly like Callahan Teams. I would even say the putrid Cosgrove Defenses would match up well with this years Pelini stocked defense. If Bo got a used Pinto than Callahan received a brand new Gremlin. Callahan was left Joe Dailey and Pelini got Joe Ganz, N'Suh and the rest. Im not saying the Callahan years were good at all with the Cosgrove defense, but I don't see anything remotely promising these days either. Next years defense? Yikes

There is no such thing as an easy 10 win season. Even Osborne had some crappy losses at the start of his career namely a losses to unranked mizzou and unranked wisconson in 74. The fact is Bo is turning the program around. I'm sure that really gets under your skin your username alone indicates that you are bitter about something.

Its not those easy 9-10-10 wins against terrible opponents that make him a horrible coach, its the losses against terrible opponents. You seem to base coaching on win percentages only, I look at the losses, quality of recruiting, game management, strength training and respectability of the program. 9-10 wins with our schedules is a no brainer, we have had that many gimmes each of Pelinis years. You don't see anything remotely close to Callahan in Pelini and thats fair, I don't either. Callahan played the likes of a cheating USC coming off multiple National Championships, KUs going to BCS bowls, a booger eater Missou, lets just say the "5 win" Big XII North was 10,000 galaxies ahead of last years Big XII north where we struggled into OT with Iowa State. The Texas debacle of last year mixed with the Barely Bowl eligible Washington, this years -.500 Northwestern, the Iowa States and struggling with Div II patsies looks exactly like Callahan Teams. I would even say the putrid Cosgrove Defenses would match up well with this years Pelini stocked defense. If Bo got a used Pinto than Callahan received a brand new Gremlin. Callahan was left Joe Dailey and Pelini got Joe Ganz, N'Suh and the rest. Im not saying the Callahan years were good at all with the Cosgrove defense, but I don't see anything remotely promising these days either. Next years defense? Yikes

That's a lot of derp for one post. Let's review:

Callahan's SOS averaged #36.5 per year. Midway through Bo's fourth year, his SOS averages #41.25 - with games against Michigan and Iowa remaining, and whatever bowl opponent we get. At the end of this year, they'll be nearly identical.

Callahan won 27 games in four years and lost 22. Callahan ended our three-plus decade bowl streak.

Bo has won 37 games in less than four years against 14 losses. He has gone to a bowl every year he's coached.

Callahan inherited this team (from 2003)

Rushing Offense - #7

Passing Offense - #114

Scoring Offense - #83

Total Offense - #74

Rushing Defense - #24

Passing Defense - #1

Scoring Defense - #11

Total Defense - #2

He inherited those defensive numbers from Bo Pelini, Defensive Coordinator. By the time Callahan was shown the door, he had flipped those numbers to:

Rushing Offense - #66

Passing Offense - #7

Scoring Offense - #9

Total Offense - #28

Rushing Defense - #116

Passing Defense - #75

Scoring Defense - #112

Total Defense - #114

He took an offense that was mediocre at best and made it respectable. He took a defense that was a world-beater and ran it into the ground. And this is the guy you're pining for? :laughpound

So, with the above data as Bo's starting point, coming off a 5-7 season and a second missed bowl game in three years (thanks, Callahan!), he promptly turned that team into a bowl contender with these stats:

Rushing Offense - #37

Passing Offense - #15

Scoring Offense - #12

Total Offense - #17

Rushing Defense - #21

Passing Defense - #52

Scoring Defense - #85

Total Defense - #80

Bo took that team to the Gator Bowl and won. Not a remarkably different team than Callahan had the previous year, yet the turnaround was startling, especially on defense. Today we sit at:

Rushing Offense - #13

Passing Offense - #101

Scoring Offense - #50

Total Offense - #36

Rushing Defense - #66

Passing Defense - #29

Scoring Defense - #38

Total Defense - #36

So you can go on about your boy Bill Callahan, and cry yourself to sleep curled around your Kevin Cosgrove doll, but the rest of us are going to be just fine with a coach like Pelini. Sure, he has flaws. Every coach has flaws. But between Pelini and Callahan, I'll take Pelini every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

• Fire 2

It's year 4 in the Pelini era and we have terrible coaching including obvious recruiting flaws, game management ( timeouts used up by defense, end of Northwestern game???) Not getting Backups in in garbage time, no depth or lack of playing certain people due to vendettas, buddy hires gone wrong (also known as Cosgrovean Cottonism) and playing like crap over the last 2 years against arguably the easiest schedules in YEARS. When Wisconsin and MSU are the biggest games of the year you know you have a NC schedule on your hands. We tried as hard as we could to let a dysfunctional PSU beat us, a decent team would have hung a half a hundred on them last week and emptied the bench after the turmoil they went through. We canned Callahan after 4 years, our 3 million dollar man better step up to the plate SOON. Remember that Callahan was playing KU,Missou, Leached TT's teams that were battling for BCS bowls not to mention strong Texas/Sooners/USC teams. At least we saw talent being recruited

Nice first post. If you're here to troll, don't get comfortable. You won't be here long.

Wait a second, you repeated half my post almost word for word than cut it out for this response and Im trolling? I actually thought I treated Pelini with kid gloves considering I left out his sideline antics, media presence, and the way he's handled our offense the last 3 years

Nah, you said we have horrible coaching and we're coming off of consecutive conference championship game appearances and we are in the running to make it three straight. It was not an intelligent (and more importantly, accurate) statement.

EDIT: And when you are referring to his media presence, are you intentionally ignoring the accolades Pelini has received for his post-game interviews following the Penn State game regarding the delicate (and infuriating) situation in State College? Only someone who doesn't want to see it could state that Pelini hasn't improved markedly in this area this year.

Accolades for saying the game shouldn't have happened and taking away even more from PSU Collegiate Athletes who expeirienced the most horrendous week one can imagine? A trained monkey knows the victims of the PSU debacle were top priority but to strip away the PSU players chance to live out their dreams of going un-beaten in the B1G seems ridiculous to me.

Im referring to the way he handles the media and the officiating crews not to mention his attitude towards the fans responsible for his 3 million dollars he receives. His consistant blaming of the players for the Northwestern type losses is ridiculous, what I am seeing on the field is a product of coaching/recruiting.

He made it too consecutive conference games in a Big XII North who replaced most of their head coaches, who couldnt with the athletes he had. What other Big XII North team could possibly make it? So being in the running for a third on the hopes and prayers of MSU is respectable after that home game disaster that was Northwestern? Lets see how the next 2 games go before we get too excited about relying on MSU to send us in the back door of a "down" Conference Championship. You really think if the PSU players had not experienced the worst possible scenerio possible last week, lost their head coach and all the emotion they endured we would still be in the hunt?

Accolades for saying the game shouldn't have happened and taking away even more from PSU Collegiate Athletes who expeirienced the most horrendous week one can imagine? A trained monkey knows the victims of the PSU debacle were top priority but to strip away the PSU players chance to live out their dreams of going un-beaten in the B1G seems ridiculous to me.

Im referring to the way he handles the media and the officiating crews not to mention his attitude towards the fans responsible for his 3 million dollars he receives. His consistant blaming of the players for the Northwestern type losses is ridiculous, what I am seeing on the field is a product of coaching/recruiting.

He made it too consecutive conference games in a Big XII North who replaced most of their head coaches, who couldnt with the athletes he had. What other Big XII North team could possibly make it? So being in the running for a third on the hopes and prayers of MSU is respectable after that home game disaster that was Northwestern? Lets see how the next 2 games go before we get too excited about relying on MSU to send us in the back door of a "down" Conference Championship. You really think if the PSU players had not experienced the worst possible scenerio possible last week, lost their head coach and all the emotion they endured we would still be in the hunt?

*Crickets*

What other Big XII North team could possibly make it? So being in the running for a third on the hopes and prayers of MSU is respectable after that home game disaster that was Northwestern? Lets see how the next 2 games go before we get too excited about relying on MSU to send us in the back door of a "down" Conference Championship. You really think if the PSU players had not experienced the worst possible scenerio possible last week, lost their head coach and all the emotion they endured we would still be in the hunt?

Gary Pinkel of Missouri is the longest-tenured coach in the Big XII North, and beating them twice in the last two years was no mean feat. Pretending those wins were meaningless is a pretty crappy way to treat the players who played their asses off to win those games.

You sure you're a Husker fan? Sure doesn't seem like it.

That's a lot of derp for one post. Let's review:

Callahan's SOS averaged #36.5 per year. Midway through Bo's fourth year, his SOS averages #41.25 - with games against Michigan and Iowa remaining, and whatever bowl opponent we get. At the end of this year, they'll be nearly identical.

Callahan won 27 games in four years and lost 22. Callahan ended our three-plus decade bowl streak.

Bo has won 37 games in less than four years against 14 losses. He has gone to a bowl every year he's coached.

Callahan inherited this team (from 2003)

Rushing Offense - #7

Passing Offense - #114

Scoring Offense - #83

Total Offense - #74

Rushing Defense - #24

Passing Defense - #1

Scoring Defense - #11

Total Defense - #2

He inherited those defensive numbers from Bo Pelini, Defensive Coordinator. By the time Callahan was shown the door, he had flipped those numbers to:

Rushing Offense - #66

Passing Offense - #7

Scoring Offense - #9

Total Offense - #28

Rushing Defense - #116

Passing Defense - #75

Scoring Defense - #112

Total Defense - #114

He took an offense that was mediocre at best and made it respectable. He took a defense that was a world-beater and ran it into the ground. And this is the guy you're pining for? :laughpound

So, with the above data as Bo's starting point, coming off a 5-7 season and a second missed bowl game in three years (thanks, Callahan!), he promptly turned that team into a bowl contender with these stats:

Rushing Offense - #37

Passing Offense - #15

Scoring Offense - #12

Total Offense - #17

Rushing Defense - #21

Passing Defense - #52

Scoring Defense - #85

Total Defense - #80

Bo took that team to the Gator Bowl and won. Not a remarkably different team than Callahan had the previous year, yet the turnaround was startling, especially on defense. Today we sit at:

Rushing Offense - #13

Passing Offense - #101

Scoring Offense - #50

Total Offense - #36

Rushing Defense - #66

Passing Defense - #29

Scoring Defense - #38

Total Defense - #36

So you can go on about your boy Bill Callahan, and cry yourself to sleep curled around your Kevin Cosgrove doll, but the rest of us are going to be just fine with a coach like Pelini. Sure, he has flaws. Every coach has flaws. But between Pelini and Callahan, I'll take Pelini every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.

Wait a second here, you're pulling averages from Solichs last years laughable shedule void the forward pass as to somehow equate Jammal Lord running all over the field, somehow equating to Joe Dailey and then giving Pelini credit for Joe Ganz and Shawn Watsons offense in 08 before Pelini changed it to the mess we saw the last 3 years?

Not only don't I understand where you think I liked Cosgrove in the least and think Callahan shouldnt have been fired for keeping Cosgrove but look at our defensive stats from this year playing in a weak non offensive conference like the B1G. So you're saying Cosgrove didn't face a Mangino lead KU who made it to a BCS bowl, Leach lead Texas Techs, Missou in their best years in over 2 decades. Derp? Pelinis in his 4th year with his recruits and is producing the defense we see now, wait until next year. Im saying Cosgrove was absolutely terrible but he also played USC, and a much more brutal Big XII North than Pelini could imagine. Oh I agree Suh and our Secondary athletes bolstered our defensive for Pelinis 2nd and 3rd year but the product we sport this year looks exactly like a Bohl, Cosgrove defense. With a straight face you're telling me that Bo Pelini was responsible for the Joe Ganz offense that kept us respectable while bo's defense was getting 60 points layed on it?

Im saying Cosgrove was absolutely terrible but he also played USC, and a much more brutal Big XII North than Pelini could imagine. Oh I agree Suh and our Secondary athletes bolstered our defensive for Pelinis 2nd and 3rd year but the product we sport this year looks exactly like a Bohl, Cosgrove defense.

With a straight face you're telling me that Bo Pelini was responsible for the Joe Ganz offense that kept us respectable while bo's defense was getting 60 points layed on it?

I'm not telling you that, the stats are. The results are plain. Bo has beaten more ranked opponents in the past year and a half than Callagrove beat in four years. Bo went to as many bowls in his first two years - after inheriting the worst defense this school has seen in fifty years - as Callagrove went to in four years. Callagrove ran our bowl streak into the ground, ran our defense into the ground, turned away our alumni, turned away the front-office personnel who made this program great, and you're crying because he's gone.

Sorry you feel that way. Maybe you should be a fan of another team.

Face the facts...the season is hollow because there is no Texas or K-State or other traditional opponents to hate this year. After over a hundred years of facing off against a Missouri or Kansas and after a hundred years of built up animosity between fan bases from real or perceived slights these games weren't just games...they were vindications that Nebraska was Nebraska and all was well with the world after stomping an Iowa State or Texas Tech.

This years? Oh yah! We beat Minnesota! Good...cuz we sure do hate those Gophers! That'll teach em for disrespecting us back in...uh...well...that'll teach em anyway! Why we'll show those dang Hoosiers! We need to teach them a lesson after they...uh...well...I guess they haven't really ever done anything to us but we'll teach em anyway!

Really...who cares? Do you really want to be playing in a Big 10 championship game against Penn State or would you REALLY like to be playing Oklahoma in the Big 12? And are the fans really that excited about playing Northwestern...or Illinois...or Purdue EVER? Tell the truth...how many of you still check out the standings and results from the Big 12 games and really wish you had a chance to blast K-State or OSU again?

But...such is life. The powers that be picked money over tradition so you got what you got and all the baggage that comes with it while the Big 12 has what is has including the entry of some really top-flite football schools. Hopefully the Huskers can keep the sell-out record intact after most of the blue-hairs move on to the nursing homes but I have a feeling interest just won't be the same in the Big 10 and that, too, shall come to an end.

I think you're a decade and a half off with this post, once OU decided they had become our yearly doormat and decided to end our Traditional series that determined more National Championships than any other rivalry over the last 40 years...........that hollow feeling has hung around for a LONG time. No one gets up for OU lite since Barry Sanders. Sure Bill Snyder punked Solich but the yearly KSU game meaning much to anyone North of Pawnee City or Wymore Nebraska is ridiculous. Colorado was pretty much it for the Huskers and I would trade them for Michigan, PSU, tOSU and even lowly Iowa which is basically a wash. The Hollow feeling is watching boring games, getting beat by Northwestern due to horrible coaching, getting smoked by Wisconsin.....sigh....and having your destiny decided by MSU????

Horrible coaching??

9-10-10 wins a season is a country mile away from "horrible coaching". We're at 8 - 2 now......I don't see anything even remotely close to Clownahan results from our coaches. I don't even want to know what you're smoking that makes you think Bo & Clownahan are in the same boat.

Also, let's not forget Bo took over a NU program that won "5" games it's last year and was 10,000 galaxies away from Devaney's 72 Huskers. TO took over a brand new Maserati & Bo a used Pinto. TO got time to win big and so will Bo.

GBR!!

Lol...wow, you're really something.

First of all those "gimme" 10 wins a year Bo gets.....how many 10 win years did Clownahan have in his four years here? Think about it....hmmmm.....maybe....."zero"?

Yeah right, "one" good Kansas team (that didn't play Texas or Oklahoma that year) is why Clownahan could never win 10 games. Riiiiight. But he could muster up losing seasons (twice!), the worst losses in the history of NU cfb (70 - 10). He even hacked 0 - 19 when down at halftime to boot. Yeah, he was great & Bo s*cks.

Once again, how you again are able to dream up scenario's like the BigXII North was some super power when Clownahan was there is very, very impressive. Here's the final AP top 25 ratings for all the ultra powerful BigXII North teams during the mighty Clownahan era.....

2004.....nobody

2005....#24 Nebraska

2006....nobody

2007....#4 Missouri, #7 Kansas

Yep, as always you are right. No wonder Clownahan could never win ten games. Bo wouldn't have a chance against that murder's row.

GBR!!

• Fire 1

What other Big XII North team could possibly make it? So being in the running for a third on the hopes and prayers of MSU is respectable after that home game disaster that was Northwestern? Lets see how the next 2 games go before we get too excited about relying on MSU to send us in the back door of a "down" Conference Championship. You really think if the PSU players had not experienced the worst possible scenerio possible last week, lost their head coach and all the emotion they endured we would still be in the hunt?

Gary Pinkel of Missouri is the longest-tenured coach in the Big XII North, and beating them twice in the last two years was no mean feat. Pretending those wins were meaningless is a pretty crappy way to treat the players who played their asses off to win those games.

You sure you're a Husker fan? Sure doesn't seem like it.

I gave Gary Pinkel kudos, I think I listed his certain teams several times now before he lost several players to graduation. Im not pretending anything, I watch the games like I have for 50 years, you? Explain Northwestern, 4th year coach 3 million. Explain our lines getting shoved around. We are Nebraska right? Thats what Im talking about is the product on the field at the responsibility of the coaching staff. I know after more than a decade of consistant mediocrity on one side of the of the ball or the other ( or both at the same time) theres some questionable coaching questions.

Im saying Cosgrove was absolutely terrible but he also played USC, and a much more brutal Big XII North than Pelini could imagine. Oh I agree Suh and our Secondary athletes bolstered our defensive for Pelinis 2nd and 3rd year but the product we sport this year looks exactly like a Bohl, Cosgrove defense.

With a straight face you're telling me that Bo Pelini was responsible for the Joe Ganz offense that kept us respectable while bo's defense was getting 60 points layed on it?

I'm not telling you that, the stats are. The results are plain. Bo has beaten more ranked opponents in the past year and a half than Callagrove beat in four years. Bo went to as many bowls in his first two years - after inheriting the worst defense this school has seen in fifty years - as Callagrove went to in four years. Callagrove ran our bowl streak into the ground, ran our defense into the ground, turned away our alumni, turned away the front-office personnel who made this program great, and you're crying because he's gone.

Sorry you feel that way. Maybe you should be a fan of another team.

When did I cry because Callahan was gone? I thought he should be fired for retaining dud coaches. What I am saying is watch the Texas, Washington, Iowa state, OU, A&M, Wisconsin, Northwestern games and tell me Nebraska is improving

When did I cry because Callahan was gone? I thought he should be fired for retaining dud coaches. What I am saying is watch the Texas, Washington, Iowa state, OU, A&M, Wisconsin, Northwestern games and tell me Nebraska is improving

So what's your solution? Or are you just here to bitch about Pelini?

Horrible coaching??

GBR!!

Lol...wow, you're really something.

First of all those "gimme" 10 wins a year Bo gets.....how many 10 win years did Clownahan have in his four years here? Think about it....hmmmm.....maybe....."zero"?

Yeah right, "one" good Kansas team (that didn't play Texas or Oklahoma that year) is why Clownahan could never win 10 games. Riiiiight. But he could muster up losing seasons (twice!), the worst losses in the history of NU cfb (70 - 10). He even hacked 0 - 19 when down at halftime to boot. Yeah, he was great & Bo s*cks.

Once again, how you again are able to dream up scenario's like the BigXII North was some super power when Clownahan was there is very, very impressive. Here's the final AP top 25 ratings for all the ultra powerful BigXII North teams during the mighty Clownahan era.....

2004.....nobody

2005....#24 Nebraska

2006....nobody

2007....#4 Missouri, #7 Kansas

Yep, as always you are right. No wonder Clownahan could never win ten games. Bo wouldn't have a chance against that murder's row.

GBR!!

Wait a second your leaving out USC, Leach lead Texas techs, KSUs that were beating Texas (as was CU) while OU was in National Championship games. While you so proudly display TT vs Callahan, make sure you add Pelinis first attempt at OU even with Stoops calling off the dogs. Why don't we compare this years loss to a -.500 Northwestern to.............what? How about last years loss to a non bowl Texas AT HOME. Compare it

So what's your solution? Or are you just here to bitch about Pelini?

I don't think my solution would go over too well around here but here goes, Fire Barney cotton immediately if not sooner, no position coach needs or deserves 3 assistants. Send Carl Packing as well, Suh and our secondary made him appear brilliant, now we're a wet paper bag. I think Pelini should get more time but if he stays with the buddy hires gone bad as callahan did, see ya. I have more but obviously it would piss people off around here and you better keep opinions in check

I think most people here are on board with Cotton being canned, or promoted out of direct coaching.

There's no evidence to support firing Carl yet. Nor is there any evidence to support firing any other coach, aside from Cotton, as of now.

A team that wins ten games a year three years in a row shouldn't exactly be overturning their staff due to poor performance.

• Fire 1

How about the game that has come up this week because of Brady Hoke... Ball State... No reason we should have won that game, though I'm glad we did because if we didn't, it would have been the most embarrassing loss in the history of Nebraska football. Callahan sucked all the way around. Bo is a championship caliber coach. Yep, I said it and I'm stickin to it. Yes, he is still kind of learning on the job whether we like it or not, but give it a couple of recruiting classes longer and a chance for Bo to learn from his mistakes, and we are a championship caliber team. Shoot, next year we could be in the hunt from what I see. The team has all of the right pieces to get there. A veteran QB who improves each and every game, a running back who is a workhorse that you can lean on when you need those 3 yards for the first down, and potentially a defense that is light years ahead of this year's, with a solid front four, Compton and likely Santos at LB and possibly Zaire Anderson, a more experienced secondary led by Daimion Stafford, Andrew Green, SJB, and PJ Smith, and you're looking at a potentially dominant unit.