This Season Seems Hollow . . .

Now it's hollow. No division, no conference, no BCS, and now we're probably lookin' at a .com bowl.

Nebraska is an also-ran.

Did you honestly expect a BCS bowl this year? I can see hoping for one, but did you expect one, after the schedule we were handed?

Not talking about the title game... but yeah, maybe an at-large bid. Which was a real possibility until three hours ago. I thought that playing in the Orange Bowl or Sugar Bowl was a realistic goal for us.

I hoped for a BCS bowl. I didn't expect it. We've had to play the eight toughest teams in the second-toughest conference over the past ten years, all in one season, three on the road, after having never played them before. We went 2-2 against the four best teams this conference has to offer.

Yes, those two losses were ugly. Really, really ugly. But it's not surprising that this team would be out of gas at this point in the season.

The Michigan State game is the problem. Up to that point, I hadn't expected that much out of this team. I think if we'd lost that game and then beat Northwestern, the record would be exactly the same, but we'd feel much differently about things.

The team that showed up that day was good enough to compete in this conference... I believed that. I wanted to believe MSU was the norm. It seems to look more and more like an outlier, every week.