Michigan strategy

"If we shut down Burkhead, we force Taylor to throw and his throwing motion is horrible." I can only hope they make this mistake. I know, and this board knows, his throwing motion looks like my sisters, but the kid completes passes. Aside from drops, he can get it to the receivers. I think BigBlue fans under estimate our offense and do not respect our defense.

No logical M fan disrespects your defense after seeing that MSU beatdown. That said, I think you guys are over-estimating how much of a one man team michigan is. This hasn't really been true since notre dame.

Well, I think you are spot on. MSU's offense is a great match-up for NU. D-Rob and company are NOT a good match-up. Just that simple.

Robinson has a decent throwing motion...and is NOT a good passer. He's terribly inaccurate. Throwing motion, especially in college, doesn't mean much. Ask Philip Rivers.

Foot placement is more important than throwing motion. I don't care what Taylor's throwing motion looks like, just get the ball to the receiver.

Chris Spielman made a good point during the broadcast of the Penn State game, and I noticed it as well in the Northwestern game. Martinez has improved his footwork. I don't know who has been working with him, whether its Ganz or the other coaches but its almost like he has learned decent footwork in the last 3 weeks. He's also going through his progressions within the passing game. I was floored on Saturday when I saw him actually "look off" the safety..... twice.

Taylor Martinez is becoming an excellent football player.

Chris Spielman made a good point during the broadcast of the Penn State game, and I noticed it as well in the Northwestern game. Martinez has improved his footwork. I don't know who has been working with him, whether its Ganz or the other coaches but its almost like he has learned decent footwork in the last 3 weeks. He's also going through his progressions within the passing game. I was floored on Saturday when I saw him actually "look off" the safety..... twice.

Yes, if he keeps it up in the games that matter. Lose to MI and we could be back to square 1.

Yes, if he keeps it up in the games that matter. Lose to MI and we could be back to square 1.

Back to sqare one if we lose a game? IMO, losing a game does not take away the progress that Martinez has made. Unless I'm not understanding the context of your post.

The offense should be able to run the same type like they did against Penn State except one minor change.....Catch the ball! Keeps thier defense on the field and more confidence in Taylor. Defense wise, keep a spy on D Rob., injuried or not injured, he can still make plays with his feet.

"If we shut down Burkhead, we force Taylor to throw and his throwing motion is horrible." I can only hope they make this mistake. I know, and this board knows, his throwing motion looks like my sisters, but the kid completes passes. Aside from drops, he can get it to the receivers. I think BigBlue fans under estimate our offense and do not respect our defense.

honestly, i do not think anyone here really knows how your sister throws. let alone if you even have a sister.

2 and they throw just like Taylor

Yeah right, genius. I'm sure your sister could throw balls into wrs hands all game long too vs Ohio State, Penn State & Michigan State.

:facepalm:

That's sexist!

My sister(s) could, they are gamers!

Back to sqare one if we lose a game? IMO, losing a game does not take away the progress that Martinez has made. Unless I'm not understanding the context of your post.

What I mean is that if we lose to MI I doubt it will be because the offense scored 35 points and TM looked like Montana. If we lose it will probably be because of the usual crap: 0 run game, dropped balls, TM throwing bad balls..... porous defense, etc. TM probably wouldn't be the game changer that we all hope he becomes (as opposed to the game manager that he's turned into).

What I mean is that if we lose to MI I doubt it will be because the offense scored 35 points and TM looked like Montana. If we lose it will probably be because of the usual crap: 0 run game, dropped balls, TM throwing bad balls..... porous defense, etc. TM probably wouldn't be the game changer that we all hope he becomes (as opposed to the game manager that he's turned into).

Can you not agree that taylor has improved drastically since the beginning of the season? Everyone can see it.

Can you not agree that taylor has improved drastically since the beginning of the season? Everyone can see it.

Taylor has signficantly improved his decision making process....

I agree 100%. But what is that really saying?

Well, it has been an interesting transformation. AH uses the "game changer" vs "game manager" description, which I think is apt.

For whatever reason, T-Mart's game changing explosive plays (on his feet) have been held relatively in check. He has still run effectively at times, but his number of 20+ yard runs has dipped. I think his "manager" role has also helped him avoid turnovers. I am not arguing against the change, but it does come at cost (lost big plays).

Against, MSU or PSU, the manager role was fine, because Bo's D matched up well. But against teams with mobile QBs (OSU, NW, WI), where our D allowed points, it put a lot of onus on T-Mart and offense to match point for point.

This Mich game is going to see points scored (at least by Mich). T-Mart is going to need to make some plays, whether via the air or on the ground to keep NU in the game.