Bottom line up front: I'm taking submissions for a new name.

Ever since I made the unconscious decision to become a regular poster here rather than just a single game visiting member I have grown a little uncomfortable with my name. That's not to say I'm not a "Badger fan", I very much am, but I feel that it gets me into more trouble than its worth and does not accurately reflect my purpose in being here...that being to discuss College Football, the Big Ten, and yes, the Huskers, in a humorous way with some awesome people (I'm not talking about YOU, you narcissistic bastard, I mean the other posters). So yea, I've decided to change my name and I want you all to have a say in it, I think it'd be more fun that way.

Info

-Suggestions for my new name must be funny (though not offensive)

-Ideas must be submitted by 20:59 CST Monday 21 November 2011

-The top 30 ideas will be selected and by 20:59 CST Wednesday the leading selection will be my name. The board limits poll options to 30...if yours didn't get picked, tough luck sweetheart...I still love you.

With the passage of the deadline I will edit this thread or create a new one with a poll allowing the community to vote on my new name, and with the Admin Staff's approval I will have a new handle.

Ok, my people, lets hear 'em.....

Submissions so far

(Keep Badgerfan, which I will do if you all end up sucking at this)

• ClosetHuskersfan
  • Herbieismylover
  • SoapBox
  • RumbleFan
  • Sendspamtome
  • SalamanderWaffles
  • GridironVoyeur
  • HBVoyeur
  • alittlecheesyalittlecorny
  • JumpAround
  • FortheloveofCheese
  • TheOtherBigRed
  • TearDownMemorialStadium
  • HoneyBadger
  • ShawnWatsonisMyHomie
  • CheddarBob
  • Boner Head
  • ArmyBadger
  • Lil' Johnny Songbird
  • The Songbird Eater
  • Balloonpopper Chillingsworth
  • "actualhuskerfan"
  • "authentichuskerfan"
  • notabadgerfan
  • buckthapolice
  • wiscyNgin
  • luckybucky
  • bucktoothcornfed
  • Bizzaro Red
  • Bucky's Buddy
  • Cheese Cutter
  • Whisky Wizard
  • The Naked Man
  • Lorenzo Von Matterhorn
  • Brosbeforehoes
  • thebrocode
  • spongeboobcheesepants
  • Dr.MantisTobaggon
  • AaronRogersboytoy
  • BretBielmaisRobRiggle
  • BigRedRoadKill
  • Barry Alverez's Big Red Cover Band's lead Geetarist.
  • Rush_N_Attack
  • AmericanKGB
  • CynicalCandide
  • EvilJedi
  • UmbrellaRicin
  • HomelessCasanova
  • RabidOverlord
  • BoredRifle
  • Matlock
  • HerpesFree
  • The_Emasculator
  • narcissistic bastard
  • BobBarryTomBo
  • MUSHROOMUSHROOM
  • Bucky in the Cornfield
  • Freight train Fupa
  • Litterbox
  • Sun-Tan Superman
  • We Don't Need no Stinkin' Badgers
  • Lil' Johnny Songbird, The Songbird Eater
  • NotAHuskerFan
  • TearDownMemorialStadium

I think 'Badgerfan' gives off the impression of a short-timer just here for a little while, but you've already contributed quite a bit, so I agree with the name change.

Herbieismylover

SoapBox

RumbleFan

Sendspamtome

SalamanderWaffles

GridironVoyeur (my favorite, or something with voyeur in it)

HBVoyeur (HB = huskerboard)

Submissions so far

:lol:

I get attached to associations by username and it always weirds me out when they change (I'm looking at you, epocSoN and NUance!). So, I am rooting for status quo, no matter how much Enhance creepily wants you be a voyeur of some sort. :P

Submissions so far

I get attached to associations by username and it always weirds me out when they change (I'm looking at you, epocSoN and NUance!). So, I am rooting for status quo, no matter how much Enhance creepily wants you be a voyeur of some sort. :P

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that found that mildly disturbing...

Submissions so far

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that found that mildly disturbing...

I was just going with the whole outside-looking-in perspective, since he's a Wisconsin fan, and ya know...yeah...that's what I...

F@#k.

I dunno guys. People can get really defensive about a statement I make just from looking at my name whereas someone with a "Husker-esqe" name gets by with next to no-flak for saying the same kind of thing. All too often some of the newer members get the idea that since I'm the fan of another team I'm always going to be ripping and tearing at NU which isn't entirely true (I only do it half the time).

I'm not trying to confuse people or disguise my allegiances, I just want to avoid some of the more unnecessary arguing and maybe pick a less generic name.

Oh and Enhance, I got what you were getting at! But if we're going with the whole "voyeur" angle I'd might as well call myself "The Peeping Badger"

Hahaha! The Peeping Badger. I actually kinda like Honey Badger, too...

Well, anyway. You are of course completely free to change your username to what you wish. I would say though, if a Husker fan gets antsy with you just for being a fan of another team, shame on them! We should be welcoming of other fans who frequent here. Sorry if you had to deal with that.