How do you use the board?

I'm just curious how people use the board. Do a lot of people chat? PM? What functionality out there is good/bad.

Personally I only really look at the recruiting site, check back multiple times a day to see if something has been added (love the shading feature).

Don't go into the other forums too much as I just don't have time to go through all that stuff. Get general Husker info elsewhere like from HuskerMax, LJS and OWH.

Am I missing out on anything? Let me know!

1150158914284vo6.jpg

I would suggest a venture into the Woodshed so you can learn what an awful human being Shawn Watson is.

Worst part about this board, The Clever Quips about Shawn Watson.

:lol: Says the 4th highest poster in said thread

GSG5545 396

Po Belini 324

PaulCrewe 276

aspeedlin4589 234

GMoose 107

GM_Tood 99

jsneb83 90

walksalone 87

Parl Celini 85

NUance 59

kansas husker 51

redout22 49

The Dude 48

holvy83 40

macroboy 38

mmmtodd 37

308_Husker 35

HUSKER 37 27

knapplc 27

The Maudfather 27

GBRsal 16

NUpolo8 12

CornHOLIO 12

hskerholic 10

ZRod 10

RedRex 6

EZ-E 5

AK-47 5

Got Carl? 5

Nebula 5

Blaze1up 5

sd'sker 4

huskerscott 4

newearthhusker 3

BornRedCornFed 3

Kruzu 3

NebraskaDrumline 3

rawhide 3

Drowning_in_the_Sea_of_Red 3

nemajordude 3

HuskerfaninOkieland 3

huskerjack23 3

bobleeswagger 3

beanman 2

JJHusker1 2

Badgerfan 2

Sparker 2

HuskerInLostWages 2

JOEY 2

huKSer 2

Micheal 2

Bradr 2

Haspula 2

irafreak 1

Malth 1

I am I 1

JTrain 1

HuskerMav11 1

zonaSker 1

ShawnWatson 1

nhuskers5 1

tjohn deaux 1

dubsker 1

dixie normous 1

Singe 1

UGAHusker 1

Husker S Thompson 1

butterswolfman 1

SkerChicago 1

Army Husker 1

Hskr86 1

redblooded 1

• Fire 2

I would suggest a venture into the Woodshed so you can learn what an awful human being Shawn Watson is.

Worst part about this board, The Clever Quips about Shawn Watson.

:lol: Says the 4th highest poster in said thread

GSG5545 396 Po Belini 324 PaulCrewe 276 aspeedlin4589 234 GMoose 107 GM_Tood 99 jsneb83 90 walksalone 87 Parl Celini 85 NUance 59 kansas husker 51 redout22 49 The Dude 48 holvy83 40 macroboy 38 mmmtodd 37 308_Husker 35 HUSKER 37 27 knapplc 27 The Maudfather 27 GBRsal 16 NUpolo8 12 CornHOLIO 12 hskerholic 10 ZRod 10 RedRex 6 EZ-E 5 AK-47 5 Got Carl? 5 Nebula 5 Blaze1up 5 sd'sker 4 huskerscott 4 newearthhusker 3 BornRedCornFed 3 Kruzu 3 NebraskaDrumline 3 rawhide 3 Drowning_in_the_Sea_of_Red 3 nemajordude 3 HuskerfaninOkieland 3 huskerjack23 3 bobleeswagger 3 beanman 2 JJHusker1 2 Badgerfan 2 Sparker 2 HuskerInLostWages 2 JOEY 2 huKSer 2 Micheal 2 Bradr 2 Haspula 2 irafreak 1 Malth 1 I am I 1 JTrain 1 HuskerMav11 1 zonaSker 1 ShawnWatson 1 nhuskers5 1 tjohn deaux 1 dubsker 1 dixie normous 1 Singe 1 UGAHusker 1 Husker S Thompson 1 butterswolfman 1 SkerChicago 1 Army Husker 1 Hskr86 1 redblooded 1

GSG, Po Belini, PaulCrewe, and aspeedlin4589 the Shawn Watson thread crew for life!

The method I use on most forums is the "view new content" link. That will show you anything new and you can pick and chose what you want to look at. Then before closing out, I go to the "Mark Community Read" link at the bottom of the forum and click on "Mark all as read". That way when I come back and click "view new content" it only shows me stuff that has been posted or threads that have been updated since my last visit. This is a huge time saver IMO, especially with large boards such as this one.

I WANT to use this board for always available IRC Chat with my fellow Husker fans, but THE ADMINISTRATION keeps keepin' me down. :lol:

It's a good thing this incessant harping on chat doesn't sound at all like a petulant child whining because they aren't getting their way. :rolleyes:

I would say it's more along the lines of a disgruntled employee that is passionate about his company maximizing it's potential :P

I WANT to use this board for always available IRC Chat with my fellow Husker fans, but THE ADMINISTRATION keeps keepin' me down. :lol:

It's a good thing this incessant harping on chat doesn't sound at all like a petulant child whining because they aren't getting their way. :rolleyes:

I would say it's more along the lines of a disgruntled employee that is passionate about his company maximizing it's potential :P

If you're disgruntled maybe you should try another line of work.

EDIT - Landlord, I apologize for my snippy tone. Working on other issues, and I let it seep into my response to you. You didn't deserve that. Again, I apologize.

I know you've brought this up a lot in the past, Landlord. I think we used to have an IRC chat, right? I don't know what happened to it or what came of that discussion. I'll check up on that, but I don't know anything about how to implement this. I guess if it's something the server can handle, we'll get to it when we have time. If not, you're out of luck.