Not repeating what works

lo country

Beck has been compiling the plays that work and will unleash all of them in the bowl game. He just doesn't want to show his hand to early and that's why he hasn't been running them often.

he is waiting til the bowl game? its kinda crunch time, I mean going for the Big Ten title game I think would be a time to get out some stuff. why wait til the bowl game when the season is decided here and now.

IMO people need to stop being so overly critical of the coaching staff. It's like everyone is in their basement listening to "Glory Days" and thinking this is 1995. Seriously... this is Beck's first season as an OC. We are only in year four of the Pelini era. Someone remind me, how many years did it take Osborne to win a National Championship?

The offense could not get on the field today, thus, no rhythm. This one falls on the special teams... two fumbled kickoffs, a roughing the kicker... pretty sure that had nothing to do with Beck.

I have no idea why we don't see more of the diamond.

I hope we have atleast one game this year where they run diamond a lot a get stuffed so you guys will put it to rest. The 'Diamond Formation' is the 2011 version of 2010 Rexcat.

Mistakes limit this offense, not a formation.

There are lots of mistakes. Blocking mistakes, catching mistakes, scheme mistakes, play call mistakes, etc...Most of our mistakes I attribute to coaching. There were a quite a few plays in which our OLine blocking schemes were not close to there pressure scheme. They'd have 1 guy coming in the middle, near the C and 2 OG's, with multiple guys coming from near our RT. Our 2 OG's and C would block that one guy, while our RT was trying to block 2 guys. I put that on the coaching not the player. There were many various types of things like that today and most games tbh. That is destroying our offense imo.

IMO people need to stop being so overly critical of the coaching staff. It's like everyone is in their basement listening to "Glory Days" and thinking this is 1995. Seriously... this is Beck's first season as an OC. We are only in year four of the Pelini era. Someone remind me, how many years did it take Osborne to win a National Championship?

The offense could not get on the field today, thus, no rhythm. This one falls on the special teams... two fumbled kickoffs, a roughing the kicker... pretty sure that had nothing to do with Beck.

Uhm, Michigan is in year ONE of there HC. He inherited possibly the worst defense in the county and a bunch of offensive personnel that was recruited for a system vastly different than what Brady wants to run. Should Michigan be saying what your are saying not us?

Uhm, Michigan is in year ONE of there HC. He inherited possibly the worst defense in the county and a bunch of offensive personnel that was recruited for a system vastly different than what Brady wants to run. Should Michigan be saying what your are saying not us?

Michigan also brought in a highly paid pro D coordinator to revamp their defense. I guess you get what you pay for.

I have no idea why we don't see more of the diamond.

I hope we have atleast one game this year where they run diamond a lot a get stuffed so you guys will put it to rest. The 'Diamond Formation' is the 2011 version of 2010 Rexcat.

Mistakes limit this offense, not a formation.

There are lots of mistakes. Blocking mistakes, catching mistakes, scheme mistakes, play call mistakes, etc...Most of our mistakes I attribute to coaching. There were a quite a few plays in which our OLine blocking schemes were not close to there pressure scheme. They'd have 1 guy coming in the middle, near the C and 2 OG's, with multiple guys coming from near our RT. Our 2 OG's and C would block that one guy, while our RT was trying to block 2 guys. I put that on the coaching not the player. There were many various types of things like that today and most games tbh. That is destroying our offense imo.

Michigan also lost to unranked Iowa. And got stuffed by Michigan State.

He's turned the program around; he's a good coach. I like the guy and I think he will be successful at UM.

Oh and remember this, Bo Pelini came into Nebraska, took a team that was 5-7 the year before and finished 9-4.

One could guess with that information that Hoke could end up just like Bo if you were just looking at the above information.

Beck has been compiling the plays that work and will unleash all of them in the bowl game. He just doesn't want to show his hand to early and that's why he hasn't been running them often.

Actually, he'll probably go conservative in the bowl game too. You don't want to put anything on tape for next year's opponents.

I laughed, problem is IT'S TRUE! I hope like hell we see some changes on this staff in the off-season. Not saying Beck is gonna go, but their are a few others that need to.