The Second Annual HuskerBoard "Let's Give Thanks" Thread

Landlord

This feels like the right time to do this, Thanksgiving around the corner and many fans reeling and angry about Saturday's performance. It's simple, post what you're thankful for within the context of Nebraska football and athletics in general.

I'm thankful for the Big Ten and the Big Ten Network. Similarly, I'm thankful that (I think for the 4th straight year) I've been able to watch every game on tv this year. I'm thankful for all the new fanbases, specifically Ohio State, Michigan State and Penn State, our new "rivalries" with each and the amount of respect among teams and fans of these programs.

I'm thankful that Nebraska stands for the right things - loyalty, teamwork, respect, class, family, honesty, etc. Living here, it would be tough not being a fan of this program if it didn't stand for the things that I think are equally if not more important than winning. These are the things that make Nebraska Nebraska.

I'm thankful for Ron Brown. Dude is an absolute stud doing work for the kingdom of God and influencing lives in a positive way, Jesus or no Jesus. In that light, I'm also thankful for all the coaches, staff and players that are reppin' Jesus as well.

I'm also thankful for Huskerboard. Sometimes I hate the place, but what can I say, I'm addicted :) I apologize for when I'm condescending, snarky, prideful and contrarian (unless you deserved it!), I want to do my part in keeping this place special.

What are you guys thankful for?

• Fire 1

I'm thankful that we have the freedom to have a board like this. That we have a place that we can come to vent, cheer, whine, cry, laugh, joke, et. al. Thanks to the Mods who take care of our little corner of Husker Nation.

I'm thankful to the coaches and players. Those coaches have to give up valuable time with their families to get the football team ready for the games each week. I have no doubt that these are committed, dedicated men who want not only to teach young men the game of football but also teach them about life. The players not only have to attend to the way they play, practices, watching films etc. but they are also full time students who have to go to class each day, study for finals and get their homework in on time no matter what. Again, that takes dedication and commitment. I'm sure no one was as disappointed with the way the game went yesterday than they were.

I, too, am grateful for Ron Brown. Many people dismiss him because of his faith in Christ but if they would take the time to listen to the message he brings and the WAY he presents it along with the way he lives it, they might change their minds :)

I'm thankful for the new folks I've met on this board. I'm kind of a minority, being a woman, but I enjoy reading everyone's posts, responding to some, and learning new things everyday about the game of football. I respect everyone's opinion and if I've been haughty, or proud in my responses please forgive me. I mean no harm.

Finally, I'm thankful for my family. I get to have both of my daughters home for Thanksgiving this year! It will be so much fun having them home to watch the Huskers beat Iowa.

Happy Thanksgiving HB! GO BIG RED!!!

• Fire 2

I, too, am thankful for so many things!

* Thankful for the Big Ten Network! (Sorry, Directv, I know I spent lots of money the past several years buying games!)

* Although I thought I was too old to change traditions and rivalries, I am thankful for the new teams and living in Ohio, I hope I can go to some away games!

* Couldn't agree with you more, Landlord, I am thankful that I was born and raised in Omaha and am proud of the things we stand for!

* I am thankful for each and every member of our Husker team! I can't imagine how hard they work every day to do everything that they do!

* I am thankful that I have gotten to watch Husker football for 45 years! Been lots of ups and downs, but I wouldn't have missed any of it for the world!

* I, too, am thankful for Huskerboard. Have met a few of you all, have tailgated with some, and have enjoyed the posting with you!

* I am thankful that Mom and I have had many years of our "Mother-Daughter Football weekend".

* And......I am thankful for my family, my Mom, husband, 2 boys (the good son AND the Buckeye), daughter-in-law, and the cutest granddaughters in the world!

Happy Thanksgiving and Go Big Red! Let's finish up with a win against Iowa!

I'm thankful that we have the freedom to have a board like this. That we have a place that we can come to vent, cheer, whine, cry, laugh, joke, et. al. Thanks to the Mods who take care of our little corner of Husker Nation.

I'm thankful to the coaches and players. Those coaches have to give up valuable time with their families to get the football team ready for the games each week. I have no doubt that these are committed, dedicated men who want not only to teach young men the game of football but also teach them about life. The players not only have to attend to the way they play, practices, watching films etc. but they are also full time students who have to go to class each day, study for finals and get their homework in on time no matter what. Again, that takes dedication and commitment. I'm sure no one was as disappointed with the way the game went yesterday than they were.

I, too, am grateful for Ron Brown. Many people dismiss him because of his faith in Christ but if they would take the time to listen to the message he brings and the WAY he presents it along with the way he lives it, they might change their minds :)

I'm thankful for the new folks I've met on this board. I'm kind of a minority, being a woman, but I enjoy reading everyone's posts, responding to some, and learning new things everyday about the game of football. I respect everyone's opinion and if I've been haughty, or proud in my responses please forgive me. I mean no harm.

Finally, I'm thankful for my family. I get to have both of my daughters home for Thanksgiving this year! It will be so much fun having them home to watch the Huskers beat Iowa.

Happy Thanksgiving HB! GO BIG RED!!!

Ladyhawke - I'm very impressed with the class of the 'Huskers' and especially the way Coach Ron Brown gave his prayers to the players of both NEB and Penn State before the start of that historic game... I also noticed this when at the end of the NEB/MSU game a few weeks ago he also gave a 'prayer' and I carefully watched the MSU players listening intently to him.... (MSU performes a similar prayer in Spartan Stadium)...You are blessed to have a coach like Ron Brown that is not afraid/ashamed to express his faith in public and give life lessons to his most important audience...

As Badgerfan put it well, we all need to be grateful for what we all have become accustomed to... and all the 'friends' we meet along the path...

I'm thankfull for having a place like Huskerboard to come to and talk about all things Huskers while i'm at work ..... please don't tell my boss lol

I'm thankfull for the men and women over seas giving up their sleep and holidays. So we can be at home with our families and watch Nebraska football. I've been there, it's not an easy job to do especially during the holidays. When your sitting with your families tomorrow even if your not religious, please say a prayor for them or at least keep the women and men in uniform in your hearts and thoughts.

I'm thankfull for us joining the B1G and getting out of the Texas Little. It's been great seeing the Huskers play teams like Wisconsin, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State all in the same season. With the B1G Network Husker football will be much better as we won't have any more ppv's

But the thing i'm thankfull must is that we are Nebraska and not Texas or Colorado lol.

I hope everyone has an awesome holiday tomorrow.

I'm thankful for Bo Pelini, and the direction he's got our program going. I recall how bad things got back in 2007. Sure, we laid a couple of eggs this year. But at least NU is relevant again. And positioning ourselves to be in the MNC hunt again.