The "We Aren't Playing Our Best Players" Thread...

Enhance

If he did say in the press conference in regards to Carnes not coming into the game that "thats how we do it, we run the football team" or something similar, it got me to wondering. Is he not playing certain people just out of stubborness, because he knows people are asking for them I know it seems really far fetched, but at this point how can you explain the lack of any time for some important backups.

And again, if I misread what was said in his press conference quote, I aplogize.

If he did say in the press conference in regards to Carnes not coming into the game that "thats how we do it, we run the football team" or something similar, it got me to wondering. Is he not playing certain people just out of stubborness, because he knows people are asking for them I know it seems really far fetched, but at this point how can you explain the lack of any time for some important backups.

And again, if I misread what was said in his press conference quote, I aplogize.

I know what your saying and I hope this isn't the case, but sometimes you really do wonder wth is going on.

I am wondering about Cassidy. Cassidy stayed in Lincoln when his father moved to be the director of football operations at A&M two years ago. Anything I have ever read about him was that being a Husker was a lifelong dream. He is probably ia team-first guy with a great practice attitude, but all this adds up to being a special teams player, if you just don't have the elite talent. Maybe his team first and positive attitude got him a pass to start with Bo, who seems to play favorites.

I would like to add former blackshirt and milk carton candidate in Courtney Osborne. You can also throw PJ Smith in the mix. I think that Cassidy has regressed from last year.

RB wise, you can add all three Fresh. NOt saying they are better than Rex, but they have, IMO, been completely misused. The way they (the staff) has played them, you could have saved all 3 until Rex went down. Again, IMO all three with the possibility of AA were wasted.

Cooper is another DB that comes to mind. Highly touted safety, moved to CB and seems to be pulling a Mendoza this year. ie position switch, misssing etc.....

I think that looking at the start of this year and the lack of experience at any skilled position shows a glaring issue with the current staffs inability/decision to develop depth. Some was do to transfers.........

QB- Martinez

WR- Kinnie

RB-Rex

TE- (Cotton to block, Reed to catch

KO- no one

Return- None

Punter/Kicker-none

It is also painfully obvious after the preseason hype that we have/had no real depth (quality) at either D or O line. I know we had the injury bug, but we appear woefully thin there.

If anything, in the blow out wins or losses, IMO, you have got to get the younger kids reps for several reasons:

See how they do in the "real" world of actual game time

Develop depth

Develop experience

Help recruiting by showing that you can play as a true Fresh

Build for the future

Identify recruiting needs prior to the end of season based upon previous kids not panning out

Now I'm mad again.

Yeah I refuse to buy into any theories that coaches aren't playing the best players as part of some overall grand scheme. They see practice every day, they can break down games better than we can, they know the players better than we do. The best players will see the field.

To all the Jamal Turner people: The coaches say that he isn't practicing well and his head isn't there. The last two plays that I recall him doing anything in games are the dropped pass against Minnesota, and a terrible, terrible missed block on an option play that resulted in a 5-yard loss against Michigan. An equally explosive player in Kenny Bell already sees the field a ton anyway.

• Fire 1

What I assume he meant is that's the thing he felt was right to do during the game. I don't remember 2008 very well, but did he bring in any quarterback other than Ganz during that Oklahoma debacle? I never made it past the first quarter of that game, so I honestly don't know. If he didn't play someone else, it shows that this is his trend in blowouts. If he did, then it shows he's capable of playing backs up in these blowout games.

I don't think Pelini plays certain people out of stubbornness, mainly because it's completely idiotic to do so, and I have a feeling he wants to win as much as anyone. But, sometimes his decisions are real head-scratchers.

Yeah I refuse to buy into any theories that coaches aren't playing the best players as part of some overall grand scheme. They see practice every day, they can break down games better than we can, they know the players better than we do. The best players will see the field.

Basically my opinion on the issue, as well. I didn't want to say it in the OP, though, as to avoid not letting people mark their own opinions first.

What I assume he meant is that's the thing he felt was right to do during the game. I don't remember 2008 very well, but did he bring in any quarterback other than Ganz during that Oklahoma debacle? I never made it past the first quarter of that game, so I honestly don't know. If he didn't play someone else, it shows that this is his trend in blowouts. If he did, then it shows he's capable of playing backs up in these blowout games.

I don't think Pelini plays certain people out of stubbornness, mainly because it's completely idiotic to do so, and I have a feeling he wants to win as much as anyone. But, sometimes his decisions are real head-scratchers.

Ganz toted that beat down all by himself. Maybe Bo remembers Cally putting in and ruining Beau Davis against TT. That guy never got his groove back. 1 for 7 with 3 INT's and 2 fumbles. A pass rating of -74.9. Maybe Bo is onto something!

Ganz toted that beat down all by himself. Maybe Bo remembers Cally putting in and ruining Beau Davis against TT. That guy never got his groove back.

Well, that settles it then. Bo's trend in blowouts is to keep in his starters to some degree, for whatever reason.

Ganz toted that beat down all by himself. Maybe Bo remembers Cally putting in and ruining Beau Davis against TT. That guy never got his groove back.

Well, that settles it then. Bo's trend in blowouts is to keep in his starters to some degree, for whatever reason.

I stand corrected, Patrick Witt did get in the last 5 minutes when we were down by 6 touches. Had Ganz stayed upiht, not sure if Witt would have gone in.