SEC title game

Blaze1up

It's certainly a bizarre situation in the SEC west. Arkansas basically needs to win and have Auburn pull off a miracle in the iron bowl to have a chance at an SEC title, otherwise Bama goes.

When you look at all the hopes dashed this season over field goals, I don't know how a single soul can come away thinking the two best teams are really going to be playing in the NCG...

Well yeah (probably), I meant to connect that statement to LSU losing to Arkansas. I just don't see how you pick two out of the SEC west in that scenario, and then you have 4 teams that were derailed by field makeable goals (Oregon, OU, OSU, and Boise), and also for good measure Wisconsin by hail mary passes. Yes, yes, field goals and defending hail mary passes are part of the game, but it's the very edge of win or lose throughout the season...one guy's leg and one defensive scenario that is rarely practiced at full speed because people get injured.

Mandatory playoff plug goes here.

• 2 weeks later...

The announcers said in the pregame that some people expect LSU to be in the National Championship game whether they beat Georgia or not. I was rooting for Georgia anyway but now I really am. I don't think anything would get us to a playoff faster than two non-conference-winning teams playing for the national title, especially when one of them lost their last game.