Some Undeniable Truths about this Season

10 games into the season we have no idea whether backups like Carnes are "gamers" or not. It's much better to rotate backups in at times to get a sense whether they rise to the occasion or disappear into the background. Let alone the fact that you need backups ready and experienced with being under the lights in case the starter is injured. Kids will always surprise you (in either direction) when it comes to this and we should be finding it out rather than waiting for an injury.

Carnes should have more PT.

Management, undeniable truth, does not exist in this program.

Wasting Red Shirts, no idea of half of them can even play. No time for the back ups to learn what they need to improve on, what to expect.

If Taylor went down with a broken leg who would we count on, how would they do. We truly have no idea as there obviously is not plan to ever use them in game situations under real preasure. This has been the problem with each and every coach since Coach Osborne left.

And I guess the main reason is the fans demanding wins. But most fans are smart enough to understand it takes reps in real game situations to learn the speed and the flow of the game.

Managing time and people does not exist with this staff.

The fortunate thing is that it could be corrected. Please Tom if you read this, help Bo. If you don't we are going farther in the toilet.

6) Saturdays are still plenty of fun to me. College football wouldn't be fun if we won every game [although I'm sure it was fun in 1970, 1971, 1994, 1995, and 1997].

fixed it for ya (although in `70 we didn't win every game, but we didn't lose any)

I gotta say, I have lived through those seasons where the Huskers won every game....much more fun than losing... I never got bored.

So if the reclaiming our brand means having a cornfed Nebraska power running game by Nebraska kids...then Bo's job is damn impossible.

Here's why:

I am sure he's under some pressure to recruit big time talent. Well, last I checked, Nebraska isn't exactly busting at the seams with talent. So if he is going to recruit Nebraska kids, then we're not going to be as good and he's going to be questioned about how well he can do is job. It's hardly Bo's fault that our state doesn't produce good football players like the states of California, Texas, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Georgia, the Southeast, etc...do.

At the same time, if he doesn't recruit Nebraska kids, people are going to be upset because we're not reclaiming the Nebraska brand of football.

Too many people want contradictory ideals.

The comment sounds like a recruiting comment to me. What I think he's saying is that schools with less resources and in a worse place than Lincoln, Nebraska can recruit better talent than this coaching staff can attract to Nebraska.

Care to give any examples?

Wasting Red Shirts, no idea of half of them can even play. No time for the back ups to learn what they need to improve on, what to expect.

If Taylor went down with a broken leg who would we count on, how would they do. We truly have no idea as there obviously is not plan to ever use them in game situations under real preasure. This has been the problem with each and every coach since Coach Osborne left.

And I guess the main reason is the fans demanding wins. But most fans are smart enough to understand it takes reps in real game situations to learn the speed and the flow of the game.

The fortunate thing is that it could be corrected. Please Tom if you read this, help Bo. If you don't we are going farther in the toilet.

If Taylor went down with a broken leg do you think minor game reps of just handing the ball off would prepare Brion any more?

If Taylor went down with a broken leg do you think minor game reps of just handing the ball off would prepare Brion any more?

Yes.

Yes.

Fair enough. That's your opinion, and is what I was asking for. I honestly don't think it will make any bit of difference.

Carnes would not come in. Rex would. That is why he has been playing QB, under center, doing the option etc.... Rex is our #2 QB, just like last year.

The point is we are not preparing another QB to play, a highly recruited athlete is setting the bench in blowouts with never a chanc to shine, never a chance to develop, most likely many in this situation.

Taking handoffs is the problem, play the game according to game plan, bring the real world to them when they hit the field.

Whether it would help is unknown, it depends if he has the talent, but at least we would know if he was a viable option or if we need to recruit others. I think we waste a lot of learning time, in big wins and the opposite. I am not a football coach but have trained world class athletes in other sports. It seems we are missing opportunities to improve the replacements/future starters.

The point is we are not preparing another QB to play, a highly recruited athlete is setting the bench in blowouts with never a chanc to shine, never a chance to develop, most likely many in this situation.

Taking handoffs is the problem, play the game according to game plan, bring the real world to them when they hit the field.

Whether it would help is unknown, it depends if he has the talent, but at least we would know if he was a viable option or if we need to recruit others. I think we waste a lot of learning time, in big wins and the opposite. I am not a football coach but have trained world class athletes in other sports. It seems we are missing opportunities to improve the replacements/future starters.

We aren't preparing another QB because our current one is a freaking sophomore!

We aren't preparing another QB because our current one is a freaking sophomore!

Our current one isn't that great, but I see why you don't think Carnes should be getting reps (just let him dominate the spring game while the starter can't hit anything), since Taylor is so young every snap he takes is still something to build off of and learn from. Though I hate that argument since in reality Taylor is a junior and should be able to read a D beyond his first read by now (I don't care if it's a new offense, you have to read a defense in any offense), I understand the arugment just don't agree with it.

Highly recruited? Western Kentucky & South Florida.......ok, if you say so.