Some Undeniable Truths about this Season

The point is we are not preparing another QB to play, a highly recruited athlete is setting the bench in blowouts with never a chanc to shine, never a chance to develop, most likely many in this situation.

Taking handoffs is the problem, play the game according to game plan, bring the real world to them when they hit the field.

Whether it would help is unknown, it depends if he has the talent, but at least we would know if he was a viable option or if we need to recruit others. I think we waste a lot of learning time, in big wins and the opposite. I am not a football coach but have trained world class athletes in other sports. It seems we are missing opportunities to improve the replacements/future starters.

Highly recruited? Western Kentucky & South Florida.......ok, if you say so.

well, by Bo's standards, they are highly recruited.......ugh

Most people--me included--would rather see our current coaching staff progress vs. a regime change. We can only hope all eyes have been opened. A few things that came to mind:

6) Many programs with no business attracting good talent do in fact attract good talent. NU is having trouble reclaiming its brand.

3) I want to know how you think we're having trouble "reclaiming our brand".

I'm curious about this one too. I'm a marketing guy so I know what that phrase means in business. What exactly is this referring to with regard to our football team? And what do you propose we do to fix it?

Must be the Nortenos. Damn Bay Area gang members running the 'N' into the ground. ;)

The point is we are not preparing another QB to play, a highly recruited athlete is setting the bench in blowouts with never a chanc to shine, never a chance to develop, most likely many in this situation.

Taking handoffs is the problem, play the game according to game plan, bring the real world to them when they hit the field.

Whether it would help is unknown, it depends if he has the talent, but at least we would know if he was a viable option or if we need to recruit others. I think we waste a lot of learning time, in big wins and the opposite. I am not a football coach but have trained world class athletes in other sports. It seems we are missing opportunities to improve the replacements/future starters.

We aren't preparing another QB because our current one is a freaking sophomore!

Our current one isn't that great, but I see why you don't think Carnes should be getting reps (just let him dominate the spring game while the starter can't hit anything), since Taylor is so young every snap he takes is still something to build off of and learn from. Though I hate that argument since in reality Taylor is a junior and should be able to read a D beyond his first read by now (I don't care if it's a new offense, you have to read a defense in any offense), I understand the arugment just don't agree with it.

He's been playing the QB position for only 4-5 years. You can say he's a junior all you want but the fact of the matter is: he's only had 2 years of on the field college experience. Every game is a learning tool for him and he can only improve. Why scrap what progress has made to start over again?

10 years of sh!tty offensive line play = 10 years of also-ran. not rocket science

That's a big, big part of it to be sure.

I agree our line has been mediocre for a decade. Still, this year I see glimpses that improvement is in progress. Two line coaches combined with Beck's style of offense should produce better results overall at this position. We really have recruited heavy at this position and I believe we will be better next year.

One area I have problems with ( like many of us) is not playing back ups. I know we did this to a degree on the O-line and D-line and a bit at WR, but not at many of the other positions. RB and QB are painfully obvious. We will pay for it in the end. Who wants to come if they don't get any meaningful reps? Looks like Green might be gone by the end of this year. I would have liked to see if he was any good, but he never got a chance even though they burned his redshirt.

10 years of sh!tty offensive line play = 10 years of also-ran. not rocket science

I agree our line has been mediocre for a decade. Still, this year I see glimpses that improvement is in progress. Two line coaches combined with Beck's style of offense should produce better results overall at this position. We really have recruited heavy at this position and I believe we will be better next year.

One area I have problems with ( like many of us) is not playing back ups. I know we did this to a degree on the O-line and D-line and a bit at WR, but not at many of the other positions. RB and QB are painfully obvious. We will pay for it in the end. Who wants to come if they don't get any meaningful reps? Looks like Green might be gone by the end of this year. I would have liked to see if he was any good, but he never got a chance even though they burned his redshirt.

agreed, total mismanagement by Pelini.

Most people--me included--would rather see our current coaching staff progress vs. a regime change. We can only hope all eyes have been opened. A few things that came to mind:

1) The B1G was there for the taking this year. Sure WI, MSU, Mich, PSU, tOSU and on a good day Iowa are all good enough--but none of them is a world-beater, not this year. Yet the Huskers manage to forget how to play (and coach) defense and can't mount even a serious challenge.

2) Coaches (and fans) will expect young NU players to play at a high level next year and the year after, based on a wing and a prayer rather than experience.

3) Thin and too small on both lines. Didn't NU once build line depth with walkons?

4) Team speed on the field speed becoming a serious issue. Team speed on the sidelines also a serious issue.

5) NU can't handle prosperity and mistakes multiply like rabbits. And killer instinct? That is a pipe dream.

6) Many programs with no business attracting good talent do in fact attract good talent. NU is having trouble reclaiming its brand.

7) Receivers who presumably were serviceable receivers in high school come to NU and might as well be trying to snag the ball with a brick in each hand.

8) I said and heard "Where in the World is ____" more times this year than I can fathom.

9) One stud linebacker can't prop up an entire defense.

10) Playing in the Longhorn League this year would have been downright ugly. Thank you Dr. Tom.

11) Saturdays, not as fun as they used to be.

12) 9-3 would be a huge win at this point, but see #1.

tumblr_lmry588b9O1qcj6di.jpg

I agree our line has been mediocre for a decade. Still, this year I see glimpses that improvement is in progress. Two line coaches combined with Beck's style of offense should produce better results overall at this position. We really have recruited heavy at this position and I believe we will be better next year. One area I have problems with ( like many of us) is not playing back ups. I know we did this to a degree on the O-line and D-line and a bit at WR, but not at many of the other positions. RB and QB are painfully obvious. We will pay for it in the end. Who wants to come if they don't get any meaningful reps? Looks like Green might be gone by the end of this year. I would have liked to see if he was any good, but he never got a chance even though they burned his redshirt.
agreed, total mismanagement by Pelini.

What do you mean by this ? I do agree we should of redshirted one of our three fosh rb i just hope we (BO) has a good plan in place for them next year.