Yeah, I doubt we will go out and find a coordinator. Probably just a promotion from within, which I'm sure will turn out well.

Who do we promote Raymond or Els? They haven't been on the staff for even a year yet?

My guess is Papuchis will be promoted to DC. Then Bo will have to hire a DL coach.

I think Bo would Hire Mike Stoops if he wanted in. Yeah he might get another head coaching job in a few years but maybe he didnt like the head coaching gig and stay for a while! the win now of todays society could cause some good coaches who didnt quite do a good job keep from trying it again.

I think it would be a better fit for Mike Stoops here than at tOSU. He knows and trusts Bo and vice versa. He probably also knows Beck as they're all from Youngstown right? Those guys will have a history and trust that money can't buy. In fact, if we get Mike Stoops, one would wonder if Bo and Carl have already talked with him and told him the 'scoop' before the announcement was made. (i.e. Hey Mikey-Carl is going for the FAU job. If he gets it wanna come over to my team and be DC? Sure! Sounds like fun! Be like old times again! ;))

We'll see!

@daskers If you're positive what's gonna shake out, does in fact shake out, do you know where they're looking for replacements for Papuchis' position?
it's not 100% set on JP yet because they're trying to get a handle on that. But it's still a very high percentage. There are a few things being talked about including moving a coach from offense to defense. That would free up a spot for a QB coach. I was told two dine coach coaches have either been approached or are at least on the short wish list. One is from the Big 10 and a solid coach and recruiter. The other guy is a Nebraska guy. Names don't need to be out just yet. They were still throw a game plan together. Sounds like it might be a day or two but Bo has a plan he wants to follow that will help him decide.

Hey da skers Does Buffet support the football team in any way? I keep thinking I read a long time ago that he gives a great deal of money for the facilities. Any truth in this? I also remember when they had to pay Pederson/Callahan off after they fired them that it was reported that the NU boosters have DEEP pockets. True or False? Thanks!

Just a guess but tOSU has given Meyer basically a blank check to hire his staff and T.O. does NOT give OK to pay big for assistant coaches. Nebraska can not be in a bidding war for a DC with tOSU cuz we will lose. I don't care if he was a childhood friend.

The new DC will be someone they can pay $250,000 or less, and since Bo handles Defense a lot anyway it'll probably be someone with experience at a lower level school.

Oh no, the bold is not true at all. We have money and T.O opened up the checkbook for Bo. Money was not an issue with our hiring process.

Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

I don't think money would be an issue here. Remember one of our biggest boosters is one of the richest men in the world!

If you are talking about Buffet he gives his money to school not to the football program. if you are talking about someone else fill me in on who it is!

I can't remember where I read it but I was under the impression that he DOES support the program especially the facilities big time. Anyone else know? I also remember when we were firing Pederson/Callahan & Co. that the money was right there and it was reported that NU boosters have very DEEP pockets. Anyone else know? da skers? You might know.

Just look at the names on some of the facilities around campus. Cook Pavillion, Hawkes Field, there are two major donors. And there are plenty more. However, Buffet gives money to the University, not to the athletic programs. Funny to some people there are more important things when getting an education than athletics.

Just look at the names on some of the facilities around campus. Cook Pavillion, Hawkes Field, there are two major donors. And there are plenty more. However, Buffet gives money to the University, not to the athletic programs. Funny to some people there are more important things when getting an education than athletics.

Um, while you're looking at names around campus, you need to check out the Buffet line at the Training Table. Coincidence? I think not.

• Fire 1
@daskers If you're positive what's gonna shake out, does in fact shake out, do you know where they're looking for replacements for Papuchis' position?
it's not 100% set on JP yet because they're trying to get a handle on that. But it's still a very high percentage. There are a few things being talked about including moving a coach from offense to defense. That would free up a spot for a QB coach. I was told two dine coach coaches have either been approached or are at least on the short wish list. One is from the Big 10 and a solid coach and recruiter. The other guy is a Nebraska guy. Names don't need to be out just yet. They were still throw a game plan together. Sounds like it might be a day or two but Bo has a plan he wants to follow that will help him decide.

A coach from offense to defense? What? Who'd be able to do that?

Just a guess but tOSU has given Meyer basically a blank check to hire his staff and T.O. does NOT give OK to pay big for assistant coaches. Nebraska can not be in a bidding war for a DC with tOSU cuz we will lose. I don't care if he was a childhood friend.

The new DC will be someone they can pay $250,000 or less, and since Bo handles Defense a lot anyway it'll probably be someone with experience at a lower level school.

Oh no, the bold is not true at all. We have money and T.O opened up the checkbook for Bo. Money was not an issue with our hiring process.

Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

I don't think money would be an issue here. Remember one of our biggest boosters is one of the richest men in the world!

If you are talking about Buffet he gives his money to school not to the football program. if you are talking about someone else fill me in on who it is!

I can't remember where I read it but I was under the impression that he DOES support the program especially the facilities big time. Anyone else know? I also remember when we were firing Pederson/Callahan & Co. that the money was right there and it was reported that NU boosters have very DEEP pockets. Anyone else know? da skers? You might know.

Yep. Our family has a wing on the law school. There are more important things but you have to admit-football is pretty darn fun!