Which bowl game will we go to?

...and I recognize you from Cockytalk I think

Congrats. I will never root for Whisky unless it is to make em strong for a husker beatdown!!!!!

If you're going to be negative don't sugar coat it, and I have no idea why you posted that here but I guess I'm open season in whatever thread I post in. Good to know.

Wasn't being negative. We rooted for Oklahoma to be strong when I was a kid. Same goes with all the B1G schools. Rather play a 12-0 Wisc team in CCG is skers are 11-1 than a 10-2 team. Just a fact of my rooting interests. GBR!!!!

Love seeing you on the board.

If it is indeed USC-Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl, it should be a great game. Nebraska is well respected in SC because of their tradition and the chance to play them would greatly benefit an up-and-coming USC team. Not to mention that it would be a great matchup.

Husker fans do not like "the ol' ball coach". Nothing personal but if you go to the game, expect to see the signs!!

I can't dislike someone we beat 62-24.

I can. Loved it when they were backed up against their own goal line in that game. That was as cool as "the run"

Good evening Husker fans from Columbia, SC. Looks like it will be Nebraska-USC in the Capital One Bowl.

Arkansas will likely get picked by the Cotton Bowl.

Georgia will likely get picked by the Outback Bowl.

USC will likely get picked by the Capital One Bowl (I know that this is not necessarily how the prestige of the bowls are ranked but this is typically how it would work and what the sources are saying in Columbia).

Hold up buddy... Arkansas is not out of the Cap 1 choice.... yes Cotton is drooling for the Hogs but

Cap 1 gets first choice. As the higher ranked Sec team and a offer from Cap 1 is likely... We already played

In Jerrys world this year and the word from the locker room is the kids want Florida..

so youll just have to hold on and see what cards we choose to play first.....

I'm just saying that every single insider at USC as well as outside USC has said Cap One. Plus the Cap One "loves USC" and knows how well we travel. Not to mention that the Cap1 has already voted on the SEC teams and the USC AD already knows what bowl we are going to...

I didn't think USC got to play in a bowl game this year due to NCAA sanctions???

He is talking about South Carolina. He should learn that nobody refers to them as USC outside of the state of South Carolina. As much as I hate Southern Cal, they are the real USC. Just like we are the real NU...

Ehh..when I see NU I usually think of Northwestern. But don't worry, South Carolina will be more relevant than SoCal in the near future.

Sorry, I just had never heard South Carolina referred to as USC only SC. :) We've played your coach many times in the past when he used to coach at Florida. Those were fun times. It would be fun to play South Carolina. Your fans are great and travel well. They have the most fans here for the College World Series.

By the way, welcome to our board :)

Congrats. I will never root for Whisky unless it is to make em strong for a husker beatdown!!!!!

If you're going to be negative don't sugar coat it, and I have no idea why you posted that here but I guess I'm open season in whatever thread I post in. Good to know.

I was congratulating you on the win. It was right after the penalty....

Good evening Husker fans from Columbia, SC. Looks like it will be Nebraska-USC in the Capital One Bowl.

USC will likely get picked by the Capital One Bowl (I know that this is not necessarily how the prestige of the bowls are ranked but this is typically how it would work and what the sources are saying in Columbia).

Hold up buddy... Arkansas is not out of the Cap 1 choice.... yes Cotton is drooling for the Hogs but

Cap 1 gets first choice. As the higher ranked Sec team and a offer from Cap 1 is likely... We already played

In Jerrys world this year and the word from the locker room is the kids want Florida..

I'm just saying that every single insider at USC as well as outside USC has said Cap One. Plus the Cap One "loves USC" and knows how well we travel. Not to mention that the Cap1 has already voted on the SEC teams and the USC AD already knows what bowl we are going to...

I didn't think USC got to play in a bowl game this year due to NCAA sanctions???

He is talking about South Carolina. He should learn that nobody refers to them as USC outside of the state of South Carolina. As much as I hate Southern Cal, they are the real USC. Just like we are the real NU...

Ehh..when I see NU I usually think of Northwestern. But don't worry, South Carolina will be more relevant than SoCal in the near future.

Sorry, I just had never heard South Carolina referred to as USC only SC. :) We've played your coach many times in the past when he used to coach at Florida. Those were fun times. It would be fun to play South Carolina. Your fans are great and travel well. They have the most fans here for the College World Series.

Carolina was USC before California was a state :ahhhhhhhh

Oh ok sorry, for some reason I'm still in a pissy mood after that 1st half. Winning didn't help. I misread the part when you said you'd never root for us as in you'd root for Oregon in the Rose. I appreciate it then.

Oh! I've never heard South Carolina referred to as USC only SC. Interesting. Thanks :)

South Carolina started going by the initials "USC" long before Southern California did. However, they didn't trademark it and SoCal snatched it up. USC used to be in the SC logo as well but recently a SoCal lawyer sued SC for trademark infringement. Carolina actually tried to come to an agreement about it but SoCal and their ego/greed would have none of that. The funny thing is that our "new" logo (although we've used it in baseball for a long time) is apparently confusing with SoCal's logo as well. Leonardo Dicaprio helped that confusion out a bit when he wore a Gamecock hat that he thought was a SoCal hat.

ept_sports_ncaab_experts-408927539-1276888162.jpg?ymihVUDDrM8IbF_p

Quick History lesson. haha

Ok, I just didn't know :)

Oh! I've never heard South Carolina referred to as USC only SC. Interesting. Thanks :)

South Carolina started going by the initials "USC" long before Southern California did. However, they didn't trademark it and SoCal snatched it up. USC used to be in the SC logo as well but recently a SoCal lawyer sued SC for trademark infringement. Carolina actually tried to come to an agreement about it but SoCal and their ego/greed would have none of that. The funny thing is that our "new" logo (although we've used it in baseball for a long time) is apparently confusing with SoCal's logo as well. Leonardo Dicaprio helped that confusion out a bit when he wore a Gamecock hat that he thought was a SoCal hat.

ept_sports_ncaab_experts-408927539-1276888162.jpg?ymihVUDDrM8IbF_p

Quick History lesson. haha

Thanks. That's interesting. It's weird for us to hear Northwestern referred to as 'NU'. When we played them this year it was NW and Neb. I guess that made both people happy.

I wouldn't say BYU, Wyoming, and Air Force are bad teams. If we played all three of those in a row I don't think we'd win all three.

I would say all three are fairly bad. At least bad enough that I would expect to win those three in a row. If we couldn't do it, it would only mean we're also not very good. On 2nd thought, we probably wouldn't beat those three in a row this year.

I'm not saying they are juggernauts of CFB, but they are not completely awful teams.

Oh ok sorry, for some reason I'm still in a pissy mood after that 1st half. Winning didn't help. I misread the part when you said you'd never root for us as in you'd root for Oregon in the Rose. I appreciate it then.

I will ALWAYS root for Wisky in the out of conference games. They should have beat TCU last year. You guys were way better. I hope we whoop you guys next year, though.

Trojans will still cover the 'c$%ks

Thanks. That's interesting. It's weird for us to hear Northwestern referred to as 'NU'. When we played them this year it was NW and Neb. I guess that made both people happy.

Same with us and USC/Carolina. Actually, this past Thursday, Clemson's head coach, Dabo Swinney, started a little bit of a ruckus when he went on a rant in his post-practice interview. The quick synopsis of the whole story:

USC's radio play-by-play guy said in a radio show "We (USC) aren't LSU and aren't Alabama, but we sure aren't Clemson."

A Clemson reporter asked Dabo what he thought about that quote...and he attributed it to Steve Spurrier.

Dabo went on a rant about how Spurrier and USC are classless and proceeded to trash the USC program and school (ironic isn't it?). He then quoted the USC-Clemson record (which HEAVILY favors Clemson...although Dabo is 1-3 in the rivalry) and finished off with "USC is in California and Carolina is in Chapel Hill."

Spurrier got word of it and made no comment. He said he respected Clemson.

Dabo got word of Spurrier's response and backtracked his statement but said that it's Spurrier's fault that he didn't tell him that he didn't say that.

I don't think Alabama will be going to the national championship game. Some people will change their votes. In addition to that, Virginia Tech is ranked #3 in the USA Today Poll. They are losing by 21 points right now. So Oklahoma State will move up at least 1 rank there. That could help push them over. I also think they may move ahead of Stanford in that poll after this.

I agree. Okie Lite really played well tonight. I hope they get to play LSU. It will be a much more interesting game vs the LSU/Bama rerun. Blah!

If it is indeed USC-Nebraska in the Capital One Bowl, it should be a great game. Nebraska is well respected in SC because of their tradition and the chance to play them would greatly benefit an up-and-coming USC team. Not to mention that it would be a great matchup.

IF we play SoCar, will every thread be taken over by Tiger/GameCOCKS bickering like when we played Clemson?