Which bowl game will we go to?

I think TO should walk the Side Lines just to Psych out Spurrier

Hee Hee! I heard that Steve still takes his headset and throws it on the ground when he gets mad! Classic Spurier! lol

Hey GamecockSmitty4 does Steve still wear a visor? I used to LOVE to watch Steve and Barry Switzer get mad when they played us. They were so funny! Great times!

Sometimes he throws his visor and sometimes his headset. Sometimes both. Although, that has decreased dramatically since Garcia was kicked off the team.

I was talking to my Dad tonight. He said he has closely watched uSC this year. He says that Spurier still has his fits on the sideline just like he always did throwing that head set on the ground. I thought that was funny. He also said that uSC fumbles quite a bit but seems to win. I'll admit I haven't watched any USC games this year. What is your opinion about fumbling? Do you consider USC to be a consistent team? Can't wait to hear your Scout Report.

Here is a little scoop on our bowl from the folks at espnu:

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/55107/south-carolina-facing-nebraska-in-orlando

"Fortunately for Spurrier, it won't look anything like the one the Huskers showed in the 1996 Fiesta Bowl. Spurrier watched as Nebraska dropped 62 on his Gators in the national championship."

Ahhhhh! What a game that was! THE best team in college football history! '95 Huskers bar none! :) GBR!

Hee Hee! I heard that Steve still takes his headset and throws it on the ground when he gets mad! Classic Spurier! lol

Hey GamecockSmitty4 does Steve still wear a visor? I used to LOVE to watch Steve and Barry Switzer get mad when they played us. They were so funny! Great times!

Sometimes he throws his visor and sometimes his headset. Sometimes both. Although, that has decreased dramatically since Garcia was kicked off the team.

I was talking to my Dad tonight. He said he has closely watched uSC this year. He says that Spurier still has his fits on the sideline just like he always did throwing that head set on the ground. I thought that was funny. He also said that uSC fumbles quite a bit but seems to win. I'll admit I haven't watched any USC games this year. What is your opinion about fumbling? Do you consider USC to be a consistent team? Can't wait to hear your Scout Report.

Not sure where the fumbling came from. We have fumbled a few times this year but hardly what I would consider a problem. Turnovers were a huge problem when Garcia was the QB but since he's been dismissed Shaw has come on and done very well. He takes care of the ball very well and will avoid taking big hits or throwing a pick. The RBs don't fumble much at all.

Not sure where the fumbling came from. We have fumbled a few times this year but hardly what I would consider a problem. Turnovers were a huge problem when Garcia was the QB but since he's been dismissed Shaw has come on and done very well. He takes care of the ball very well and will avoid taking big hits or throwing a pick. The RBs don't fumble much at all.

Was Garcia your starting QB? Maybe that's what he was talking about. I'm really looking forward to this game. It's going to be fun!

I thought this was interesting:

"The Gamecocks weak spot is their special teams both in coverage and in returns. The Gamecocks coverage unit has been spotty at times and this does not bode well for them on paper against Nebraska as they rank eighth in the nation in kickoff returns with a good special teams squad."

In that same article it said that USC will win this game 24-17. (I think it was a South Carolina website thought called 'Left over hot dog'-thought that was funny! http://www.leftoverhotdog.com/articles/football/south-carolina-football-capital-one-bowl-bound-vs-nebraska.html)

We'll see. My money's on NU. But I wouldn't mind being considered 'the underdog'. They get more love!

I thought this was interesting:

"The Gamecocks weak spot is their special teams both in coverage and in returns. The Gamecocks coverage unit has been spotty at times and this does not bode well for them on paper against Nebraska as they rank eighth in the nation in kickoff returns with a good special teams squad."

In that same article it said that USC will win this game 24-17. (I think it was a South Carolina website thought called 'Left over hot dog'-thought that was funny! http://www.leftoverh...s-nebraska.html)

We'll see. My money's on NU. But I wouldn't mind being considered 'the underdog'. They get more love!

Yes our special teams is lackluster at best. Specifically coverage, even more specifically kick off coverage. Actually kicking FGs we've been pretty decent and we almost never get a chance to return a punt but Ace Sanders has been good at catching the ball all year with opponents all around him waiting for a fumble, our kick return isn't bad, rarely get hit behind the 20 and have the guys back there that are capable of reaching past the 40. Our main issue is punting and kick offs. Our kicker can hardly get it past the 10, thus if the opponent ran straight they'd probably get good field position, however the opponent rarely runs straight and after a few moves generally ends at about the 35 or further. This has lead to us having to pooch it up in the air to prevent the opponent from breaking one but again, that still gives them good field position. As for our punting, the coverage isn't bad but the punter rarely has the leg to give us a good punt. So SC finds itself on the bad deal of the field position battle when it comes to special teams.